Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Until allen got here...fixed it for you

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

When you have the best player on the field, and that player plays the most important position in the game, and he plays as well as he possibly can, you have to have a total team effort to lose the game. Congrats to the coaching staff for pulling it off.

I can't dismiss these points. I want to, because I DO feel like the defensive players simply failed to tackle and make the plays in front of them, but then there was a complete coaching MELTDOWN on the 13-second Chiefs drive. So...I don't know. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

You mean, before Josh Allen got here?  Probably a dozen or more coaches could have gotten this team as far as McDermott did the past two seasons with a future Hall of Fame quarterback.

Not as far but a Lombardi trophy or another back to back afccg appearance at the least

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

My wife thought we won with two minutes left. I told her, not yet. Then she thought we lost with a minute left. I told her, there’s time. Then she really thought we won with 13 seconds left. I repeated what I had previously said. After the coin flip, I told her we lost. She asked, “…the coin flip?”  I said, “No. The game.”  She enjoys watching baseball. 

Too funny... my wife and I had the same conversation!

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

I can't dismiss these points. I want to, because I DO feel like the defensive players simply failed to tackle and make the plays in front of them, but then there was a complete coaching MELTDOWN on the 13-second Chiefs drive. So...I don't know. 

I think the coaching really deserves to be asked some hard questions though.  I think all season it's been highlighted that they're making really questionable decisions at critical moments.

That's not to say they're bad coaches.  You can be a poor game manager and a good coach, but I think to deny how they've hurt the team in key moments is kind of foolish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

This has nothing to do with their financial position. Jesus christ.

But their actual lives are NOT in the balance here. It DOES have to do with their financial positions. They and their families are forever taken care of in a material way. The vast majority of Bills fans are not in the same position. Professional disappointments for many of us actually result in financial hardship. 

But like I said, I DO actually feel for them on a human level for a short while. We just shouldn't spend too much energy feeling badly for such successful people who WILL be okay. 

28 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

His press conference was a p*ssy show. He didn’t answer any of the tough questions 

I disagree. If I was pissed off about how my staff handled a situation like this… I would have done the same.

We often talk about players developing and growing. These coaches need to do the same. Coaching lost this game, but that doesn’t mean we need new coaches.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I dont understand how any casual fan knows to cover Kelce and Hill and your coaches dont, just let them run free in the final 13 seconds.....here, tie it up please.

Agree. I think the Bills players should have intentially mauled them. Take them right out of the equation. Who cares about the 5 yard holding or tackling penalty. The clock would have gone down too. Game over. 

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

It doesn't matter how many first round picks are on what side of the ball.  You draft BPA or need.  I can get behind needing some talent on the o-line.  That said what this team is missing hands down is a pass rusher who can chase a QB all game long.  Someone who plays in the backfield all game long like Garrett, Bosa, or Watt.

Everyone said we're built to beat KC.  But apparently those 3 young guys didn't get the memo. Rousseau,  AJE and Boogie were complete non factors tonight. And as far as Addison & Jerry go, they're both gone.  We're going to be forced to keep drafting DE's for the next several years. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Although I think McDermott errored on the kickoff and in the defensive strategy at the end, I agree with your sentiments. 

Yeah, I think he erred too. Definitely on the defensive strategy. Maybe on the kickoff - I'm less sure about that.

Most coaches makes lots of mistakes though. It's an unbelievably complex and fast moving game. I'm not ready to throw out the people who have built by far the most satisfying and fun version of the Bills in 25 years.

Josh has much to do with that, of course. He's a freak, and a good human, and unbelievably competitive and dedicated. But he could have landed with coaches who didn't develop him well, and who didn't prioritize the kind of tight and human culture that he seems to thrive in. I think he's in the right place with the right coaches. I'm looking forward to the next 10 years (although I don't know how much more damage my heart can take from these brutal losses - I've been at it for 40 years (50 if you count the fact that as a little kid my first football love was the Fran Tarkenton Vikings teams - no strangers to brutal losses)).

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, schoolhouserock said:

I disagree. If I was pissed off about how my staff handled a situation like this… I would have done the same.

We often talk about players developing and growing. These coaches need to do the same. Coaching lost this game, but that doesn’t mean we need new coaches.

Did the coaches almost win the game too? Those great play calls to get us tds. Or it doesn't work that way? 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is an interesting point - is there a “Fair catch” on a kickoff return?

I may be wrong, but I always thought there was. I mean yeah, kick it deep and hope Hill doesn't return it, but a squib kick could be fielded and downed without the clock starting

• Like (+1) 1

This came down to them having homefield advantage. 

If we could've taken care of business against Jacksonville, we would've had an edge in HFA. That's how razor thin that loss is. 

Our period of inconsistency during the season hurt us. Also, not having Tre White. 

We matched KC tonight. That could've gone either way. Our future is bright. Allen has proved he's elite and should be trusted to rip the ball downfield more. He's a baller. And Gabe Davis is a monster. 

If anything, i say try to improve the pass rush and get some corners. 

The most important thing is that we absolutely have an elite franchise QB. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree. I think the Bills players should have intentially mauled them. Take them right out of the equation. Who cares about the 5 yard holding or tackling penalty. The clock would have gone down too. Game over. 

That requires intelligence from McD & Frazier. They literally had no clue what to do from the kickoff to the final 2 plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.