Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Agree on the kickoff.  

I think they were looking for a Hail Mary on second down with 8 seconds left.  Kelsey gets an uncontested 25 yard and their kicker hits from 49.  

Terrible defensive is strategy.   

That would be awful if that was the case. They only needed 20 yards, why hail mary?

3 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Just saw Josh and Gabriel Davis on a postgame interview the Bills run live on their site—and seeing the faces and body language of those two young men was heartbreaking.  My heart goes out to them.

Agreed, but then again...these are two very young, talented, privileged AND rich people playing the sport they ostensibly love professionally. Let's not feel TOO badly for them. Don't get me wrong, they are human and are allowed to feel this pain. But I'd do almost anything to have that same opportunity. Their families are forever provided for if they're smart about things.

And again, I don't begrudge them their success. I invest a great deal of my own well-being in that success. Just let's not lose too much sleep feeling badly for these millionaires. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Do you know how many years people crapped on Reid for never being able to win big games?! Coaching, like anything else, is a developmental process. Plus you need the players. Plus you need to get a little lucky. I swear that Pittsburgh is the only team in the league with its head on straight in terms of letting coaches stick around long enough to develop and to give the organization some coherence.

I wasn't a McD fan when he was hired. But he has done a great job building an organization that is geared toward long-term competitiveness. And he continues to grow as a coach. He'll get a little better each year if he's given time.

These knee jerk responses are predictable, but ridiculous.

Context is needed.  I was responding to a post comparing Mahomes and Allen.  Not a dig on McD.  It is that Mahomes has a HC in Reid who believes in him and truly trusts his talent.  My analysis of the game is not a lie. I speak the truth.   Dabol is good but it has a tendency to call some odd plays.  Nothing knee jerk.  Been saying this for two years. They have the offense that is Super Bowl caliber.  

Edited by Nitro
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

This is a real bad loss. Heartbreaking to the point where I don’t see how we recover from this. This was our best chance to win the Super Bowl. No Brady, No Rodgers, having Mahomes down late in the 4th and we still didn’t get it done.

This is a real gut punch. 

I agree. Ppl can spare me with the "always next year," and "we will be back" crap. Defense needs a complete rework. The pass rush, DB performance, and conservativeness destroyed this team's chance to win a SB. Josh was locked in this postseason and we cannot expect him to be that good every post-season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

The coach could have made a decision that would have sealed the victory...he blew what was Josh's crowning moment, and we are once again the Bills that blew it

He gets next season to win it

If he doesn't...send him packing. This team is too good to let him make calls that lose playoff games and rob Allen of his moment 

It's too good because of McDermott. 

Have you forgotten what it was like before McDermott got here?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Just saw Josh and Gabriel Davis on a postgame interview the Bills run live on their site—and seeing the faces and body language of those two young men was heartbreaking.  They were extremely classy and professional.  My heart goes out to them.

We’re all broken hearted... just like them!

Ours is rooted in the same old HCing idiocy we’ve seen this entire millennium! 

THAT was snatching away a SB, from the jaws of victory!

Simply horrendous and heartbreaking for Josh, Davis, the entire O and us!

6 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Yes - their guards are bad.  They also have no elite speed other than their 5th WR McKenzie.

Zero 1st round draft picks on offense other than Allen - if it looks like he's doing it all himself out there, it's because he is.  If you want to count Diggs as a 1st since that's what the Bills paid for him, fine - how did he look tonight?  Anything like Hill?  How elite has he been all season, honestly?

Meanwhile the roster currently has SIX!!! 1st round picks (not all theirs) on defense.  If they can't get it done it's on the coaches, not the effort from the GM.

[Hughes, Lotoulelei, White, Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau]

It doesn't matter how many first round picks are on what side of the ball.  You draft BPA or need.  I can get behind needing some talent on the o-line.  That said what this team is missing hands down is a pass rusher who can chase a QB all game long.  Someone who plays in the backfield all game long like Garrett, Bosa, or Watt.

• Agree 1

When you have the best player on the field, and that player plays the most important position in the game, and he plays as well as he possibly can, you have to have a total team effort to lose the game. Congrats for pulling it off.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Do you know how many years people crapped on Reid for never being able to win big games?! Coaching, like anything else, is a developmental process. Plus you need the players. Plus you need to get a little lucky. I swear that Pittsburgh is the only team in the league with its head on straight in terms of letting coaches stick around long enough to develop and to give the organization some coherence.

I wasn't a McD fan when he was hired. But he has done a great job building an organization that is geared toward long-term competitiveness. And he continues to grow as a coach. He'll get a little better each year if he's given time.

These knee jerk responses are predictable, but ridiculous.

Although I think McDermott errored on the kickoff and in the defensive strategy at the end, I agree with your sentiments. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

It's too good because of McDermott. 

Have you forgotten what it was like before McDermott got here?

You mean, before Josh Allen got here?  Probably a dozen or more coaches could have gotten this team as far as McDermott did the past two seasons with a future Hall of Fame quarterback.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

My wife really doesn't watch football. She thought they won with 13 seconds left.

My exact words: "Nope, it's the Bills."

My wife thought we won with two minutes left. I told her, not yet. Then she thought we lost with a minute left. I told her, there’s time. Then she really thought we won with 13 seconds left. I repeated what I had previously said. After the coin flip, I told her we lost. She asked, “…the coin flip?”  I said, “No. The game.”  She enjoys watching baseball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Agreed, but then again...these are two very young, talented, privileged AND rich people playing the sport they ostensibly love professionally. Let's not feel TOO badly for them. Don't get me wrong, they are human and are allowed to feel this pain. But I'd do almost anything to have that same opportunity. Their families are forever provided for if they're smart about things.

And again, I don't begrudge them their success. I invest a great deal of my own well-being in that success. Just let's not lose too much sleep feeling badly for these millionaires. 

This has nothing to do with their financial position. Jesus christ.

Just now, Nitro said:

Context is needed.  I was responding to a post comparing Mahomes and Allen.  Not a did on McD.  It is that Mahomes has a HC in Reid who believes in him and truly trusts his talent.  My analysis of the game is not a lie. I speak the truth.   Dabol is good but it has a tendency to call some odd plays.  Nothing knee jerk.  Been saying this for two years. They have the offense that is Super Bowl caliber.  

Fair enough. Sorry if I took you out of context. Totally agree that right now Reid is a better tactical coach than McD. And I'm not sure McD's strength will ever be tactical. But I do believe that he will keep working to find and develop good tactical minds and that everyone on the staff will keep working to improve their approach over time. I agree about Dabol too. He's a funny one. I like him, and think he will also continue to get better as a play caller. (No idea how he'll be as a head coach.) But I did think the coaching tonight on offense was nervous and tight at times, especially early. They needed to unleash Allen early and let things play out. That series of calls before the punt on 4th and 1 was painful (as was the punt).

But they're human. I just get tired of everyone who makes a mistake (especially when a lot of the mistakes probably aren't actual mistakes) getting called idiots and trash, etc. But you weren't doing that, so sorry to aim my frustration at your reasonable post.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.