Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

I have had a lot of respect for the effort Beasley gives, but in the end he is tackled a yard short of the 1st down almost every time. A faster player would get there more often, if we can find one who can catch. I think he needs to move on from Buffalo.

Our DL looks like it can use some help probably at DE. 

Let's hope we hire the right coordinators; I am concerned Frazier will lose out on the HC jobs (Daboll will get one) which means we don't get the 2 3rd round picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Are there still people that say it was a forward lateral? It's been 20 years, it's okay to admit it was legal and just another bad coaching error.

Your full of crap, time doesn’t change the fact it went forward and the refs didn’t have the guts to make the right call.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

People saying this was the "worst" loss are suffering from recency bias. It's behind Wide Right in Super Bowl 25) and the illegal forward lateral in Tennessee. It's a little bit worse than the 1989 Ronnie Harmon dropped pass in the endzone or the other Super Bowls (in which the Bills were clearly beaten). It's definitely worse than last year's AFC championship game loss. Other playoff or regular season games need not apply. 

We had the game 'won'. Its hard to take

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Maybe not leaving pro bowl tight ends wide open with 8 seconds left? Defensive play calling along with the decision to kick it deep instead of eating clock cost us this game. It's that simple.  

I don't disagree. I wanted a squib kick to take off a few more seconds of the clock. I felt like that was the obvious thing to do. About the coverage, that's little more intricate. To me, it felt like Mahomes was going to find an open guy and give them a chance. I never felt confident even after the go ahead TD. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

For those saying the Bills should have squibbed it. Consider this.

Say the Bills squib the kickoff. Clock doesn't start until a KC player touches it. An up man at teh 40 fields the squib kick and kneels it out. 1 second off the clock, so 12 seconds are left. Still time for two plays, except now instead of the 25, the Chiefs are at their 40.

Squibbing was no guarantee of winning if we could give up enough yards for a FG on two plays.

High kick to the 10 yard line

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Don't forget Addison .............. he didn't even register on the stat sheet today but I promise you 97 was out there doing nothing most of the game.

Addison and Hughes are just too old and slow. They're both gone. And frankly our 3 young guys were useless tonight. Ed was the only front 4 guy making plays. Edmunds has been worthless for 4 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

I love Oliver and Harry and Addison plays hard, but Hughes 

Epenesa and the corners are bad.

Epenesa made a couple good stops in the run and did more than Addison (not hard to do).   Our Interior line wasn't bad at all.  Hughes and Addison are useless.

Say the Bills squib the kickoff. Clock doesn't start until a KC player touches it. An up man at teh 40 fields the squib kick and kneels it out. 1 second off the clock, so 12 seconds are left. Still time for two plays, except now instead of the 25, the Chiefs are at their 40.

Squibbing was no guarantee of winning if we could give up enough yards for a FG on two plays.

It wasn't the kick, it was going prevent with 13 seconds. Dumbest coaching move of all time

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

McDermott refusing to answer questions substantively about the final 13 seconds of the game and a series of critical decisions made by the coaching staff.

Not a good look IMO.

He should man up and own it. This man has ZERO situational awareness in coaching big situations.  ZERO. 

Just now, london_bills said:

We had the game 'won'. Its hard to take

Yes, it is hard to take. We also had the game won in Tennessee before blowing it on the kickoff.

When we scored with 13s remaining and Romo was raving about the Bills, I kept saying "it's not over, it's not over!" ... unfortunately that was true.

Squib kick are not the same as on sides.  You kick it over the blockers and short of the returner.  If it is in the field of play they have to cover it.  Time will run.   Somewhere between the 20 and 30

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Perhaps, but squib kicks usually get past the first layers of the receiving team and usually end up getting fielded around maybe the 20 or so.  Yes, they might have started past the 25, but with 4 or 5 less seconds IMHO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.