Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, State Rt. 21 N. said:

Maybe.

We let them tie the game in 13 seconds. Against most other thinking defensive coordinators, the game is over outside of a miracle hail Mary.  

Instead, we have the Bills, who leave pro bowl tight ends wide open to catch the ball and put the in fg range.  The game was over and the D play calling/execution 100% undeniably choked. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'll have to pick KC to beat LA in SB, Rams make to many mistakes to win it.

But for this game, don't forget the awful play calling most of the first half.  All these runs and 2 yard swing passes, many were designed plays and Allen didn't look downfield at all.  Only when they got down did Bills finally unleash Allen and he delivered.  The defense was so confused the last qtr and OT that every guy Mahomes threw to was wide open. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm willing to bet most teams in the league don't leave pro bowl tight ends wide open to get in Fg range with 13 secs. This was a defensive play calling blunder just like the decision to kick it deep instead of eating some clock. 

I know why not play your regular defense, that playing scared cost us the game playing 20 yards off lol unbelievable 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And they were right - mostly.  After 1989 the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls which was and still is an amazing accomplishment.  And given how the league is different today in favoring the passing game and IMO Allen is a better QB then HOF Jim the Bills future looks very bright.  Not sure how you can see it differently even after the gut punch of tonight's loss.

Four Super Bowls - how many wins?

Just now, The All-Pro-Knox Gallery said:

Hughes, Edmonds, and Frazier should pack their bags.

Anybody notice Edmunds takes

off to his right as Mahomes chucks it to Perriman on his left? Maybe coming across to find Kelce. 

I get the sense that McD gives his coordinators the freedom to pass and fail. His presser is super short when talking about the decision on that kick.  Curious if that came from Farwell and McD isn’t throwing it on him.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Oh, I definitely see Allen as being better than Mahomes. You switch weapons and Allen would put up 50 points tonight and not have to truck defenders to donit.

Mahomes does magical things, I agree... but when you consider Allen can match him throw for throw... AND he's built like a linebacker with a cannon for an arm... can truck grown mean when he has to... I'll take Allen.

So glad too... he finally helped me move beyond the jealousy of that traded draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

People saying this was the "worst" loss are suffering from recency bias. It's behind Wide Right in Super Bowl 25) and the illegal forward lateral in Tennessee. It's a little bit worse than the 1989 Ronnie Harmon dropped pass in the endzone or the other Super Bowls (in which the Bills were clearly beaten). It's definitely worse than last year's AFC championship game loss. Other playoff or regular season games need not apply. 

Are there still people that say it was a forward lateral? It's been 20 years, it's okay to admit it was legal and just another bad coaching error.

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

For us old people, I hope that this is not a repeat of the Pittsburgh/Houston rivalry in the 1970s.

Nah.

This is more New England v. Indy. We'll get KC next season. It's only a matter of time. Get Allen a couple more weapons and hope our d-line develops and the Bills will have a Championship soon.

• Agree 2

Just now, Sandhill Mike said:

And Gabe Davis.  What a show. 

It's a shame someone had to lose this game.  Both teams lit it up.

Agreed!

Told my wife last week was the most perfect game I have ever seen and this week was the craziest.

Josh Allen and the offense played amazing, defense were shown their weaknesses.  Which honestly we kind of knew.  No pro-bowlers mean we lack that "IT" factor like Josh Allen on offense.

Hopefully we get one for next season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

It was very similar to the Pats victory over KC in 2018 and the Pats OT victory over the Falcons in the SB. In both cases and tonight, the defense had nothing left and was gassed so the coin toss wins the game.  You would think the NFL would change the OT rules but they are more conservative about rule changes than the Catholic church.

I can understand in regular season, but in the playoffs it’s crap.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Oh, I definitely see Allen as being better than Mahomes. You switch weapons and Allen would put up 50 points tonight and not have to truck defenders to do it.

Fair enough. Allen was unreal and its incredibly disappointing right now. I see it as a Brady/Manning thing. Both elite. 

• Agree 1

For those saying the Bills should have squibbed it. Consider this.

Say the Bills squib the kickoff. Clock doesn't start until a KC player touches it. An up man at the 40 fields the squib kick and kneels it out. 1 second off the clock, so 12 seconds are left. Still time for two plays, except now instead of the 25, the Chiefs are at their 40.

Squibbing was no guarantee of winning if we could give up enough yards for a FG on two plays.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.