Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Is it too much to ask for a DL to get a sack when it matters?

Pass rush is non existent

Our defense is good against pedestrian offenses. We are not good enough on the edges or in the secondary to dominate KC, Tampa, GB, both LA teams, or Cinn with our defense. Josh may win games against these with his brilliance but we are far from one of the top defenses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

KC may have won in regulation had Mathieu not gone down. Excuses, excuses.

Agree woulda shoulda coulda. The really had this game lost a few times and they came back from the dead. I mean Chiefs fans would have been saying they deserved to win had they lost. Those Bills Tds were miracles. 

Edited by newcam2012

Just now, Sandhill Mike said:

I thought he had a good game and it made me optimistic for the future.  It took Clowney two or three years to impact the game... maybe some of these guys will turn out better than we think.

That's why we need a free agent DE who is proven. Great if the young guys come on but we need proven pressure

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

You make a fair point about hill making alot of yards after the catch and the Bills not having that weapon. I just don't see the 'Allen is clearly better' thing. Mahomes and Allen both have it all as individual players. I see Mahomes as the kind of QB that makes everyone around him better. 

Oh, I definitely see Allen as being better than Mahomes. You switch weapons and Allen would put up 50 points tonight and not have to truck defenders to do it.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Early in the game they got pressure but were being idiots not containing him - lunging all over the place - they did better later but the whole D was getting gassed later

I'll buy the got pressure but (and maybe I'm asking for a lot here) non of our defensive ends ever win.  They never beat a tackle and come around the edge and bury the QB.   They come around the edge and get pushed past the QB as he steps up and escapes the pocket and either makes a pass or runs for 20 yards on us.  If every QB was as athletic as Mahommes they'd all do it.  Hell Matt Ryan should have scrambled for a TD on us.  We need an end who blows tackles up a few times a game.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

As I said earlier, I'm sure the same was said of Kelly.

And they were right - mostly.  After 1989 the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls which was and still is an amazing accomplishment.  And given how the league is different today in favoring the passing game and IMO Allen is a better QB then HOF Jim the Bills future looks very bright.  Not sure how you can see it differently even after the gut punch of tonight's loss.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

So many people blaming the defense. Their defense is JUST as bad and they’re moving on to the AFCC. It’s an offense fueled league and sometimes you win the coin toss. 

One defense was ranked #1 and the other near the bottom. Loss was on the defense no other way to put it.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

So many people blaming the defense. Their defense is JUST as bad and they’re moving on to the AFCC. It’s an offense fueled league and sometimes you win the coin toss. 

I mean, defense still exists, theoretically.  Tampa beat this KC team in the Super Bowl with defense. I can almost guarantee you that KC won't have it this easy against any other team they face in the playoffs. In fact, no other team that the Chiefs played against this season performed worse on defense than the Bills just did.

So yeah, I'll blame the defense for not managing to play any better than the worst game possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

KC may have won in regulation had Mathieu not gone down. Excuses, excuses.

Sure. It's not an excuse. 

To say there's a tight margin the last 2 minutes shouldn't exactly be a revelation for those bellyaching that this team isn't possibly ever good enough to beat KC

D wins championships.....I saw this in the SB years,,,,like when we couldnt stop the giants when it counted.  Everyone with a functioning brain knows to cover Hill and Kelce and Leslie runs his soft BS and theyre running free 

Edited by billsfan714

People saying this was the "worst" loss are suffering from recency bias. It's behind Wide Right in Super Bowl 25) and the illegal forward lateral in Tennessee. It's a little bit worse than the 1989 Ronnie Harmon dropped pass in the endzone or the other Super Bowls (in which the Bills were clearly beaten). It's definitely worse than last year's AFC championship game loss. Other playoff or regular season games need not apply. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.