Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

Just now, Adam said:

Guessing 2 of 3 with Addison, Hughes and Lotulelei will be gone. Maybe all 3. We have some good young DLs and will add depth. Getting Tredavious White back will also help the defense. 

the roster will churn just like it does every year....talking defense AND offensive additions/subtractions u know its going to happen...........who is the rub. yep

m

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

It was very similar to the Pats victory over KC in 2018 and the Pats OT victory over the Falcons in the SB. In both cases and tonight, the defense had nothing left and was gassed so the coin toss wins the game.  You would think the NFL would change the OT rules but they are more conservative about rule changes than the Catholic church.

At least in the playoffs

6 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm seeing a lot of people in here saying we should draft high in defense this offseason. What has made you confident that this org. know what they're doing when they're picking defense?  We have a lot of good players, but we don't have a single star outside of Tre White that they've drafted, and they refuse to acknowledge it.

We have spent so much draft capital on our defense, and they don't even show up to the biggest game of the season.   

I'll keep drafting them until I can find some who can play.  AJ Epenesa, you better show something next year or I would cut you, dont care than you were a 2nd.   Hughes gone.   Star is a nothing burger.   Addison good as gone, Butler gone.   Yeah Ill take 4 new ones in rounds 1-4.   Offense is pretty set, secondary pretty set, DL is just absolute garbage.   Oh and dont extend Tre I dont make plays Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Chiefs:

-9 of 14 on 3rd/4th downs

-552 yards

-Mahomes ran 7 times for 69 yards

-Mahomes passed for 75% completion rate, No turnovers, 378 yards

-KC ran for 6.7 yards per carry

-You only held them in their own side of the 50 yeard line 1 time all game.

-when the game was on the line in the 4th quarter and OT, receivers were WIDE open, MULTIPLE times where no defender was within 5-10 yards of them.

#1 defense?  This may be one of the worst Defensive performances in the History of the NFL (certainly playoffs) by any D-unit ranked in the top 10, let alone #1.

Where was KC ferocious defense that was best in the league the last 8 weeks?  

They got chewed up.  Neither defense could stop anything.  These are superior offensive teams and this league is designed to keep it that way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Pretty sure I explained it pretty clearly and you can't read, I guess?

Who do the Bills have that gets YAC like Hill?

You make a fair point about hill making alot of yards after the catch and the Bills not having that weapon. I just don't see the 'Allen is clearly better' thing. Mahomes and Allen both have it all as individual players. I see Mahomes as the kind of QB that makes everyone around him better. 

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Guessing 2 of 3 with Addison, Hughes and Lotulelei will be gone. Maybe all 3. We have some good young DLs and will add depth. Getting Tredavious White back will also help the defense. 

Good. Get rid of all of them.  Hughes and Addison looked like fools out there getting juked by Mahomes over and over.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Squib could’ve definitely backfired…you take more time off but they easily could’ve started at the 35-40 yard line and only needed one play to get in fg range 

SO WHAT?

With 7 seconds left from the 35, they would have needed a 30 yard bomb and be down in time!

To prevent THAT, you simply hold Kelce & Hill!

Leaving them ONE Hail Mary with 1 second!

THAT was a historic FUBAR on McD!

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Maybe not leaving pro bowl tight ends wide open with 8 seconds left? Defensive play calling along with the decision to kick it deep instead of eating clock cost us this game. It's that simple.  

The defensive back on that play just let him run free, and the rest of the defenders were so far back it was a simple play. It’s the worst called defense I think I have ever seen.

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Epanesa is wasted space. The others are developing and have potential. Look at Oliver now. He is playing much better and it took him a couple of years to develop. 

I thought he had a good game and it made me optimistic for the future.  It took Clowney two or three years to impact the game... maybe some of these guys will turn out better than we think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

I knew that holding penalty on Tyreek near the end of the second would come back to haunt us. One of the weakest penalties I ever seen and was a 4 point swing.  

Oliver was getting inside all game and held but never called it. 

Perks of being the media darling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Chiefs:

-9 of 14 on 3rd/4th downs

-552 yards

-Mahomes ran 7 times for 69 yards

-Mahomes passed for 75% completion rate, No turnovers, 378 yards

-KC ran for 6.7 yards per carry

-You only held them in their own side of the 50 yeard line 1 time all game.

-when the game was on the line in the 4th quarter and OT, receivers were WIDE open, MULTIPLE times where no defender was within 5-10 yards of them.

#1 defense?  This may be one of the worst Defensive performances in the History of the NFL (certainly playoffs) by any D-unit ranked in the top 10, let alone #1.

The stats don’t tell the whole story for the Bills D. Sure we had all the nice to have. But realistically, they were an average unit. Any self-evaluating person could tell that based on how they played all year

what helped our defense so much all season was our offense getting big leads forcing the other teams offense out of their game plan and having to make plays to keep up. The bad teams simply couldn’t do it so our defense racked up stats.

this defense is nothing close to what the Bears had in ‘08 (I think) or the Steelers of the 2000’s. This defense was simply then by-product of a really good offense that threatened the other team to play out of their capabilities.  

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

I'll keep drafting them until I can find some who can play.  AJ Epenesa, you better show something next year or I would cut you, dont care than you were a 2nd.   Hughes gone.   Star is a nothing burger.   Addison good as gone, Butler gone.   Yeah Ill take 4 new ones in rounds 1-4.   Offense is pretty set, secondary pretty set, DL is just absolute garbage.   Oh and dont extend Tre I dont make plays Edmunds.

Okay, I just think that it's a waste, considering they haven't shown me that they can draft a superstar talent on defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.