Divisional round Saturday - Rams at Bucs on NBC

Just Jack

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure that is fair. People have been saying the Rams have been "all in" for about 5 years.

They said it 2017 when they signed Whitworth, Sullivan and Woods to big FA deals and then traded a 2nd for Sammy Watkins.

They said it in 2018 when they signed Suh and traded a 1st for Brandin Cooks and a 2nd and 4th for Marcus Peters

They said it in 2019 when they traded a 1st for Jalen Ramsey

They said it in this year when they traded two firsts for Stafford and then a 2nd and a 3rd for Von Miller. 

In that time period that the Rams have been getting criticised for being "all in" they have gone 55-26 in the regular season, 4-3 in the post season and have been to a Superbowl. 

Moral of the story being there is more than one way to skin a cat in the NFL. 

I didn't say there wasn't more than one way.  I posted the two different methods of our team and the Rams and said I prefer our method.

2017 lost wildcard

2018 lost super bowl

2019 missed playoffs

2020 remains to be seen but looking good for them so far

What about next year and beyond?  Can they retain all these players that could get them there?  What are they building with if they cant?  This is why I prefer the Beane method.  We have a solid young core to build continually build around.  We have a franchise QB that should be here for a very long time.  They have a QB that has already played for 12 years.

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

That's the worst coverage I have ever seen.  They caught up to Kupp and then let him split them.  

It’s a classic case of “does this team practice?”  Lol.  That’s exactly what that looked like.  How do you just let a wideout run right by you with zero coverage on the back end?  

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

"....but the Bucs have Tom Brady!!"

Yeah. That doesn't mean what it used to. Especially without Bill's video library.

The thing is....last year in the NFCCG, Brady threw three (3) picks and completed 55% of his passes.

If ever a QB played like he shoulda lost, he was that guy except GB played worse

Then he went to the SB and played like his jock was on fire and passing would put it out, 74% completions 3 TD 0 INTs

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.