Twitter dunking on Aaron Rodgers haha

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Again, that seems to be some sort of Monday morning analysis. 

Favre and Rodgers have the same # of SB wins with GB - 1

Rodgers 5 conf. championship appearances to Favre 4, Favre 2 conf. championships vs Rodgers 1

At the time Favre was playing for GB, it was a common point of criticism that he would "throw the game away" by taking those risky throws.

We're not on the practice field with Lazard and Cobb and St Brown and that TE trio to know how much they deserve or don't deserve Rodgers trust

Rodgers passed up what looked like a clean shot to St Brown or Lazard on 3rd down in favor of a risky, interceptable throw to a double-covered Adams last night.

No clue if Rodgers being overly conservative is true, certainly wouldn't seem like it with some of the stuff we've seen him do, though maybe it's a recent development towards the end of his career. Either way I'd say that the idea is to find a happy medium.

I agree with a previous poster who mentioned that something seems to be missing with Rogers. He is immensely talented but I think Allen has something which Rogers is missing.

Would Rogers do whatever was necessary to win a game? Does he inspire and rally his team around him? I’m not sure of the answers for Rogers. I know the answer to both those is a big Yes for Allen. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno, that seems to be selective memory.   

Guy has 18 comebacks and 27 GWD, including 2 postseason GWD and a comeback (2014, 2016), both years GB contended for the conference championship.  He made some breathtaking, game-saving risky throws at times

Again, that seems to be some sort of Monday morning analysis. 

Rodgers 5 conf. championship appearances to Favre 4, Favre 2 conf. championships vs Rodgers 1

At the time Favre was playing for GB, it was a common point of criticism that he would "throw the game away" by taking those risky throws.

We're not on the practice field with Lazard and Cobb and St Brown and that TE trio to know how much they deserve or don't deserve Rodgers trust

Rodgers passed up what looked like a clean shot to St Brown or Lazard on 3rd down in favor of a risky, interceptable throw to a double-covered Adams last night.

He's 1-4 in NFC championship games and a decade removed from his last Super Bowl. I know you didn't compare him to Favre, but if I was, it would be to say they have had a very similar ride. Almost stunning. Individual accolades and fame received for being either the best or among them pale in comparison to team hardware.

I don't know how much blame I would place on Rodgers. I'm too far outside the GB organization to know the innards of that team. It is rather remarkable they can never seem to make it past the Divisional or NFC Championship.

I think if people were to ask right now if Allen has an identical career to Rodgers do we consider that successful? I don't mean in the context of when we drafted Allen, but right now given many feel he is among the best in the league for years to come. I would think anybody should answer that without hesitation, Rodgers is looked at among the all time greats, but given the lack of success in SB wins and appearances, I don't know if I would be happy. More tormented and frustrated that it never amounted to more.

It's a weird situation and I'm curious if he leaves how that ends up looking for all involved. Please keep him out of the AFC.    

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Soccer rivalries routinely produce riots and murders in other countries. Some cities are like 10 times more passionate about sports than any American city.

Those riots are not the low level snark and schadenfreude that twitter generates though. They have a completely different set of cultural and historical and often political reasons behind them. 

I agree thought that the snark and schadenfreude isn't a uniquely American thing. It happens with soccer fans on twitter here as well and I'm sure everywhere else. I have never got it. It feels childish and unnecessary to me for the most part. Support your team, root against others if you like, but the kind of constant need to troll every team / individual who loses is really bizarre to me. It is endemic though in sports fandom unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Those riots are not the low level snark and schadenfreude that twitter generates though. They have a completely different set of cultural and historical and often political reasons behind them. 

I agree thought that the snark and schadenfreude isn't a uniquely American thing. It happens with soccer fans on twitter here as well and I'm sure everywhere else. I have never got it. It feels childish and unnecessary to me for the most part. Support your team, root against others if you like, but the kind of constant need to troll every team / individual who loses is really bizarre to me. It is endemic though in sports fandom unfortunately. 

Yeah, Rangers v Celtic is slightly more than some clown with a naughty hasthtag. 

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno, that seems to be selective memory.   

Guy has 18 comebacks and 27 GWD, including 2 postseason GWD and a comeback (2014, 2016), both years GB contended for the conference championship.  He made some breathtaking, game-saving risky throws at times

Absolutely right, we're not at practice, we really don't know.   

However, part of Rodgers' job is to develop QB-receiver relationships over the course of the season, so that he has some reliable routes and receivers.  Look at Allen and McKenzie.  McKenzie isn't any better than Lazard or Cobb, but Allen's found a way to get the ball to Isaiah.  

And, of course, the knock on Favre was that he made dumb throws.   However, I'm of the view that if you never make the risky throws and fail, you never know which risky throws are good risks and which aren't.  If it's true that Rodgers plays to protect his passer rating, well, in crunch time that can hurt your team.  

Finally, other people have commented about this:  He seemed kind of detached last night.  His body language seemed to say "I'm going to make my plays, and we'll win or lose, and either way it will be okay."  It seemed like it was just another day at the office.  In the NFL, that attitude isn't enough.  

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Yeah, Rangers v Celtic is slightly more than some clown with a naughty hasthtag. 

Since when do hockey teams play basketball teams?

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Lighten up, Ken.  It's all fun, and there are some slick quips there.  It's not all targeted at AR either - there's some "burn" on the Pack D vs Deebo Samuel and stuff.

When a guy sets himself up publicly, he really ought to be prepared to "stand the roast" for it.

It could be construed as fun, if that's one's idea of fun, but his character (and track record) were never an issue before he took a public stance "against the grain" on current events.  Is that how he set himself up publicly in your eyes?  

If it's about football records in big games, then it's beyond ironic considering the board we are on representing the team (and past track record) we all love and support.  But sure, have fun with it.

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Absolutely right, we're not at practice, we really don't know.   

However, part of Rodgers' job is to develop QB-receiver relationships over the course of the season, so that he has some reliable routes and receivers.  Look at Allen and McKenzie.  McKenzie isn't any better than Lazard or Cobb, but Allen's found a way to get the ball to Isaiah.  

And, of course, the knock on Favre was that he made dumb throws.   However, I'm of the view that if you never make the risky throws and fail, you never know which risky throws are good risks and which aren't.  If it's true that Rodgers plays to protect his passer rating, well, in crunch time that can hurt your team.  

Finally, other people have commented about this:  He seemed kind of detached last night.  His body language seemed to say "I'm going to make my plays, and we'll win or lose, and either way it will be okay."  It seemed like it was just another day at the office.  In the NFL, that attitude isn't enough.  

My eye roll reaction was a response to the Rangers - Celtic joke.

On the quoted above I wanted to engage seriously. There is definitely something about Rodgers wanting to do it his way rather than wanting to win at any cost. It isn't the only reason he has made the dance on a single occasion, but it is a part of it as well. It speaks both to the detachment and the unwillingness to just get it to the open guy if the open guy isn't one of "his" guys.  

3 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

It could be construed as fun, if that's one's idea of fun, but his character (and track record) were never an issue before he took a public stance "against the grain" on current events.  Is that how he set himself up publicly in your eyes?  

Errr... yes they were. It has been a constant knock on Rodgers. He undermined his previous Head Coach, he spent last summer playing games with the franchise over his status. He always has to do it "his way". There have been questions about his character for years. 

• Agree 3

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, surprised so many wet blankets around here.  Just some light humor lol.  And yeah, Rodgers def brings this on himself.  

Ironically no one complains when BB or Pats get roasted though lol

apples to oranges...and you don't need me to list the reasons why.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Errr... yes they were. It has been a constant knock on Rodgers. He undermined his previous Head Coach, he spent last summer playing games with the franchise over his status. He always has to do it "his way". There have been questions about his character for years. 

I missed the Twitter celebration at his expense last year after the Championship game loss.  This is all about his "stance", but let's pretend its not.

2 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

I missed the Twitter celebration at his expense last year after the Championship game loss.  This is all about his "stance", but let's pretend its not.

So that is a different point. People who disagree with his stance might have been extra snarkey on twitter this year but the genuine character questions about Aaron Rodgers pre-date his half truth about his vaccination status. 

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

No clue if Rodgers being overly conservative is true, certainly wouldn't seem like it with some of the stuff we've seen him do, though maybe it's a recent development towards the end of his career. Either way I'd say that the idea is to find a happy medium.

I would say Aaron Rodgers is definitely not conservative

What he has always done which could hurt him at times... Is he has a tendency to wait for certain reads on plays 

If he has the defense in the right look he will give up open reads underneath.. just so his right read can get downfield 

That has caused him to take a lot of unnecessary sacks over the years and just not take what he has 

So he passes up some open looks for something he thinks will develop better .. and sometimes it doesn't

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I would say Aaron Rodgers is definitely not conservative

What he has always done which could hurt him at times... Is he has a tendency to wait for certain reads on plays 

If he has the defense in the right look he will give up open reads underneath.. just so his right read can get downfield 

That has caused him to take a lot of unnecessary sacks over the years and just not take what he has 

So he passes up some open looks for something he thinks will develop better .. and sometimes it doesn't

And that in part is because to my mind he has ALWAYS been players over plays. So if he had Jordy Nelson or Devante Adams on a route he liked he would wait for that rather than throw it to a guy he might not have the same trust in. 

32 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

If it's about football records in big games, then it's beyond ironic considering the board we are on representing the team (and past track record) we all love and support.  But sure, have fun with it.

Rodgers issues go way back before that lol. 

Some of you need to lighten up lol.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

And that in part is because to my mind he has ALWAYS been players over plays. So if he had Jordy Nelson or Devante Adams on a route he liked he would wait for that rather than throw it to a guy he might not have the same trust in. 

My personal opinion is that a lot of it stems from Rodgers arrogance.  He seems so arrogant about his abilities that it seems like he has a lack of certain urgency in some of these big games, almost like he just assumes he will win.  

And he also lacks accountability and like you said always wants to do it his way.  He tends to blame everyone else after these losses.  He is quick to throw others under the bus, and even blamed special teams for the loss yesterday.  Yes ST were a part of the loss, but he also managed to lead his team to just 3 points rest of the game after the opening TD drive.  Which is why the ST plays were so impactful to the final outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.