Twitter dunking on Aaron Rodgers haha

Alphadawg7

47 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Rodgers brings the criticism upon himself.  Another reminder that we are so lucky to have Josh Allen as the face of our franchise.

I love Josh but Josh hasn't even made a Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers delivered a Super Bowl to Green Bay. Until he delivers he does not even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with Rodgers.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He is a loser person, but a great football player. It's ok to call him out for being a loser person.

I'm not sure what America has to do with this, though. I'm sure there are plenty of great soccer players who get crapped on by opposing fan bases.

A loser person...you know the man?  

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Is there any QB who has done less with his immense talent in the playoffs than Rodgers has? In all his years only 1 Super Bowl appearance? Repeated failures in the playoffs and NFC Championship games...

Rodgers is a tough one for me to figure out.  His stats in the regular season are great.  His stats in the playoffs are really really good (if not great).  But when I watch him play in the playoffs, something is missing.

It just isn't the end result either, its almost when there is a tight game, he isn't the one making the critical mistake causing his team to lose. Instead it just seem like he has a hard time taming that one play to put the other team away, he doesn't land the knockout blow.  To further the boxing analogy, he is that boxer who looks great against lesser opponents...and even against the better opponents he looks good and can 'score points' with the judges, but never can seem to land that knockout blow  as often as he should when things count.

45 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Is there any QB who has done less with his immense talent in the playoffs than Rodgers has? In all his years only 1 Super Bowl appearance? Repeated failures in the playoffs and NFC Championship games...

Marino

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Eh, his interactions with the media and comments in pressers over the years (especially this year) sort of invites these kind of reactions, especially on Twitter. As long as they’re at least a little clever, what’s the problem?

Edited by JoPoy88

46 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

People loved to bash Peyton for some reason as a "guy who couldn't win the big games" but he went to 4 Super bowls, twice with each team, and won 2.

He also beat Brady in the AFC title game 3 times. Couldn't win the big games my ass! 

Rodgers couldn't hold Peyton's jock. People have been saying Rodgers is so amazing for years and all he does is come up short.

Manning went one and done an NFL record 9 times in Indy, that is where the criticism came from.  And the one SB he won in Indy he beat Rex Grossman.  He would follow that up later with a second SB but got blown out 31-7 by Saints.

He compounded the reputation by fielding the greatest offense in NFL history with Denver and reaching his third  SB just to get blown out again by the Seahawks.

At that point…9 times one and done in playoffs with Indy (NFL record), 3 SB appearances, 2 blow out losses despite having either the best offense in the NFL or best in history.

Thats why he got criticism, stacked teams and either didn’t advance or did and got blown out.  In his 2 SB losses, his offenses totaled 15 points combined.

He dispelled that in a way with his 2nd and final SB being a victory even though Broncos defense and run game are why they won.  Manning had the worst game in Super Bowl history by a winning QB.  No TDs, 1 Int, 140 yards passing.  Manning was also amongst the lowest rated passers overall that year, he was just done for the most part.  

All that matters is he got his 2nd ring.  A win is a win.  But his reputation for not being clutch in the playoffs was reasonable given how often his teams stalled.  But unlike Rodgers, he at least made the big dance 4 times and will forever be the better QB between the two because of it.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I guess it's all in good fun - but only in America can we make a top 5 all time QB/SB Champion sound like a total loser.

You ask for it when you say dumb stuff like boycotting your own team in the Super Bowl because your feewings are hurt.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Eh, his interactions with the media and comments in pressers over the years (especially this year) sort of invites these kind of reactions, especially on Twitter. As long as they’re at least a little clever, what’s the problem?

Yeah, surprised so many wet blankets around here.  Just some light humor lol.  And yeah, Rodgers def brings this on himself.  

Ironically no one complains when BB or Pats get roasted though lol

• Like (+1) 1

I never really liked Rodgers, until i started seeing him on the Pat McAfee show, where he opened up a bit more & showed his personality. In a more relaxed & casual setting, he doesn't come across as arrogant in that format & my opinion of him softened a bit. I also think though that we also need to realize sports athletes are people too. And they dont need to be this or that if they just come as they are. Fans & the media world in general make these players out to be bigger than they should be sometimes. They dont need to be role models or walk on water & say everything perfect. They can just be athletes who get paid to do a job too, this job being professional football.

But i've always found some similarities between Rodgers and Favre & i'm curious if i'm the only one.

On the field both were gunslingers, both players who you love watching play the game, but both who don't have all the accolades or titles that you would've expected to go along with all their success.

Edited by brianthomas

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He is a loser person, but a great football player. It's ok to call him out for being a loser person.

I'm not sure what America has to do with this, though. I'm sure there are plenty of great soccer players who get crapped on by opposing fan bases.

Finally, someone who personally knows Aaron. Not!

😂

Rodgers has a playoff problem for sure. And he comes off as a bit arrogant in interviews. AND it is amazing to think of Brady having more NFC playoff wins than Rodgers. 

But here are the things that led to the loss:

1. Bad offensive strategy and play-calling 
  2. Lack of offensive adjustments
  3. Two blocked punts/kicks
  4. 49ers' defense
  5. Rodgers' lack of aggressiveness

Rodgers' views on vaccines or Joe Rogan's views on vaccines for that matter -- why tf is he even part of this? -- literally have nothing to do with this loss. 

Yet, the joke is regurgitated over and over. And the people who regurgitate said joke think they're being witty. 

The demonization of ideas and people that don't follow the norm is not cool. It's mindlessness. 

We all lose a bit with this vapidness.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Rodgers is a tough one for me to figure out.  His stats in the regular season are great.  His stats in the playoffs are really really good (if not great).  But when I watch him play in the playoffs, something is missing.

It just isn't the end result either, its almost when there is a tight game, he isn't the one making the critical mistake causing his team to lose. Instead it just seem like he has a hard time taming that one play to put the other team away, he doesn't land the knockout blow.  To further the boxing analogy, he is that boxer who looks great against lesser opponents...and even against the better opponents he looks good and can 'score points' with the judges, but never can seem to land that knockout blow  as often as he should when things count.

I dunno, that seems to be selective memory.   

Guy has 18 comebacks and 27 GWD, including 2 postseason GWD and a comeback (2014, 2016), both years GB contended for the conference championship.  He made some breathtaking, game-saving risky throws at times

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Hard to argue with this.   Interesting take.  

Without saying it, he essentially said Rodgers doesn't have the one thing Favre had - fearlessness.  Favre wasn't afraid to throw the interception.  

Again, that seems to be some sort of Monday morning analysis. 

Favre and Rodgers have the same # of SB wins with GB - 1

Rodgers 5 conf. championship appearances to Favre 4, Favre 2 conf. championships vs Rodgers 1

At the time Favre was playing for GB, it was a common point of criticism that he would "throw the game away" by taking those risky throws.

We're not on the practice field with Lazard and Cobb and St Brown and that TE trio to know how much they deserve or don't deserve Rodgers trust

Rodgers passed up what looked like a clean shot to St Brown or Lazard on 3rd down in favor of a risky, interceptable throw to a double-covered Adams last night.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.