Twitter dunking on Aaron Rodgers haha

Alphadawg7

27 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Nick Wright sucks. The guy is a troll. I don’t know why he has a job. He’s looks annoying, sounds annoying and his takes have the maturity of a 15 year old. 

this is relevant because there is a dig in there at the Bills 

I haven’t seen what he said but I can’t imagine why…mahomes’ career is lining up nicely to be the next Aaron rodgers lol 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's very true.  But:

1.  It's fun.  Some of those tweets are really funny. 

2.  Rodgers is arrogant, as opposed to humble.   Yes, he has backed up his arrogance with outstanding play - there's never been a playmaker like him, but he chooses to be arrogant.  He alone set himself up for this stuff.  Very few people celebrated when Drew Brees lost, or Peyton.  

To your point 2):

In fact, I would go so far as to say that there was a general feeling of sadness when Brees career ended the way it did, with a splutter.

Peyton Manning won his last 4 career games, ending with the SB.  I seem to recall that he took some flack at the time, because his play as a QB arguably didn't contribute as it should, but most people seemed to acknowledge it as a fit ending for a great player who arguably got stuck with some bad teams.

To your point 1):  Agreed.  I found some of those very entertaining and for the most part, light-hearted roasting and not mean-spirited.

29 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Nick Wright sucks. The guy is a troll. I don’t know why he has a job. He’s looks annoying, sounds annoying and his takes have the maturity of a 15 year old. 

this is relevant because there is a dig in there at the Bills 

He has a job because he gets the reaction from us (bills fans) and fans like us. Let the Bills provide him a plate of crow. Let's hope Chef Allen delivers a Michelin star meal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They didn't even include the best one.

Rex Ryan's going to fall out of his chair.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To your point 2):

In fact, I would go so far as to say that there was a general feeling of sadness when Brees career ended the way it did, with a splutter.

Peyton Manning won his last 4 career games, ending with the SB.  I seem to recall that he took some flack at the time, because his play as a QB arguably didn't contribute as it should, but most people seemed to acknowledge it as a fit ending for a great player who arguably got stuck with some bad teams.

To your point 1):  Agreed.  I found some of those very entertaining and for the most part, light-hearted roasting and not mean-spirited.

I think people thought Manning earned it the previous year, plus he managed the game well and didn't lose it for his team.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Yeah, except every major celebrity or athlete. 😒

Right

"To whom much is given, much is expected"

We venerate top athletes.  They get big commercial endorsements, a big platform for whatever charitable causes (or causes in general) they espouse, big money from their sport.

In return, fans expect clutch performance.  When they don't get it, Bombs Away.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This was the leagues way to humiliate Rodgers.

Oh, Come On.  Any humiliating in that game, Rodgers did to himself.  He missed some reads for what should have been easy completions.

• Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right

"To whom much is given, much is expected"

We venerate top athletes.  They get big commercial endorsements, a big platform for whatever charitable causes (or causes in general) they espouse, big money from their sport.

In return, fans expect clutch performance.  When they don't get it, Bombs Away.

Saw a FedEx commercial with Derick Henry this morning, they got to feel liked they guessed wrong on that one.

It was not his best game played but once again Rodgers supporting cast let him down.

All these great regular seasons don’t mean much in terms of post season success. 

Ask any player, the playoffs matter more.

Now it’s time to send Mahomes out the playoffs.

• Agree 1

People loved to bash Peyton for some reason as a "guy who couldn't win the big games" but he went to 4 Super bowls, twice with each team, and won 2.

He also beat Brady in the AFC title game 3 times. Couldn't win the big games my ass! 

Rodgers couldn't hold Peyton's jock. People have been saying Rodgers is so amazing for years and all he does is come up short.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Eyeroll 1

Aaron Rodgers has a ring and is a first ballot Hall of Famer. 

Twitter is full of narcissist losers who have accomplished nothing in life and their tweets are almost always just projections of their miserable failed lives. 

When Allen or Mahomes loses tonight all the losers will come out on twitter and start attacking them personally.  If we lose the comments will come out about what losers live in Buffalo. 

The biggest losers in the world assemble on twitter.  Most of these losers blame the world for their failure to be successful in life. 

• Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's very true.  But:

1.  It's fun.  Some of those tweets are really funny. 

2.  Rodgers is arrogant, as opposed to humble.   Yes, he has backed up his arrogance with outstanding play - there's never been a playmaker like him, but he chooses to be arrogant.  He alone set himself up for this stuff.  Very few people celebrated when Drew Brees lost, or Peyton.  

You're right, but I always think it's a little over the top. 

We do like our athletes to be more humble. And if they're not, they have to back it up more than Rogers has (like MJ, who was all kinds of arrogant, but of course had 6 titles).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He is a loser person, but a great football player. It's ok to call him out for being a loser person.

I'm not sure what America has to do with this, though. I'm sure there are plenty of great soccer players who get crapped on by opposing fan bases.

He is a loser person? He is a Hall of Famer. He is incredibly wealthy. He has won a world champion. He has a hot girlfriend.

If he is a loser person, all the people calling him a loser must be enormous losers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Success said:

You're right, but I always think it's a little over the top. 

We do like our athletes to be more humble. And if they're not, they have to back it up more than Rogers has (like MJ, who was all kinds of arrogant, but of course had 6 titles).

Winning athletes are never humble, they are just not as open about it as Rodgers.

Every great athlete is arrogant, just most say the right things when the mic is on.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Is there any QB who has done less with his immense talent in the playoffs than Rodgers has? In all his years only 1 Super Bowl appearance? Repeated failures in the playoffs and NFC Championship games...

1 Super Bowl VICTORY.

That is all you need. Ask all the great ones that played for the Bills who never won one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.