Twitter dunking on Aaron Rodgers haha

Alphadawg7

8 minutes ago, Success said:

I guess it's all in good fun - but only in America can we make a top 5 all time QB/SB Champion sound like a total loser.

He is a loser person, but a great football player. It's ok to call him out for being a loser person.

I'm not sure what America has to do with this, though. I'm sure there are plenty of great soccer players who get crapped on by opposing fan bases.

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, MJS said:

He is a loser person, but a great football player. It's ok to call him out for being a loser person.

I'm not sure what America has to do with this, though. I'm sure there are plenty of great soccer players who get crapped on by opposing fan bases.

That's true.  I probably shouldn't singled out America, though I think we are a little more extreme culturally when it comes to that stuff than a lot of other countries. 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

That's true.  I probably shouldn't singled out America, though I think we are a little more extreme culturally when it comes to that stuff than a lot of other countries. 

Soccer rivalries routinely produce riots and murders in other countries. Some cities are like 10 times more passionate about sports than any American city.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Soccer rivalries routinely produce riots and murders in other countries. Some cities are like 10 times more passionate about sports than any American city.

Well, okay.  We don't do THAT, for sure.

I think I'm talking more about the celebrity culture, and how we love to build people up for awhile, until they get to some higher level, just so we can tear them down.  But you make a valid point.

Just now, Success said:

Well, okay.  We don't do THAT, for sure.

I think I'm talking more about the celebrity culture, and how we love to build people up for awhile, until they get to some higher level, just so we can tear them down.  But you make a valid point.

Perhaps. I couldn't confirm or deny that, though, because I don't know. I have lIved outside the USA, but never payed much attention to celebrity culture or societal thing like that outside the US.

24 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Twitter is embarrassing. No one reads it. 

One of these two things is true.

16 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

No respect for the "pile on" after the fact by phone/keyboard warriors who couldn't hold his jock strap in life.

Lighten up, Ken.  It's all fun, and there are some slick quips there.  It's not all targeted at AR either - there's some "burn" on the Pack D vs Deebo Samuel and stuff.

When a guy sets himself up publicly, he really ought to be prepared to "stand the roast" for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Success said:

I guess it's all in good fun - but only in America can we make a top 5 all time QB/SB Champion sound like a total loser.

That's very true.  But:

1.  It's fun.  Some of those tweets are really funny. 

2.  Rodgers is arrogant, as opposed to humble.   Yes, he has backed up his arrogance with outstanding play - there's never been a playmaker like him, but he chooses to be arrogant.  He alone set himself up for this stuff.  Very few people celebrated when Drew Brees lost, or Peyton.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.