1/23/22 Week 20 Divisional Playoffs Bills @ Chiefs PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

34 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Not trying to derail the thread, but that's a tough debate to win with the cap situation.

Im not too worried about it.  I trust the FO in  drafting and finding mid-level FA’s that excel in our scheme.  

Bengals and Chargers will have a couple more years where they can load up, but the Chiefs and Ravens will be in the same position as us.  

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

They are more threatened by JA than Burrows….

and Btw…..if you are going to knock other fan bases for being over the top…..doesn’t help your case to do the same exact thing

I’m posting on the Bills message board, and it was a “let’s go!!” type of post.  Sorry… we’ll temper our enthusiasm as to not offend you.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Already seeing Chiefs fans on Twitter saying: “The next great QB battle isn’t Mahomes vs Allen, aCtUaLlY it’s Mahomes vs Burrow.” 

Im in my 30’s.  All I’ve known my entire life is Patriots/Brady and their entitled fans.  Chiefs fans are quickly becoming just as, if not, more entitled. 

Tonight, let’s end the Chiefs reign before it ever takes hold and take ownership of this Conference.  

Put Mahomes in the dirt.  This is Josh Allen’s league now. 

Shows how incredibly stupid they are. No need for further explanation required. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Already seeing Chiefs fans on Twitter saying: “The next great QB battle isn’t Mahomes vs Allen, aCtUaLlY it’s Mahomes vs Burrow.” 

Im in my 30’s.  All I’ve known my entire life is Patriots/Brady and their entitled fans.  Chiefs fans are quickly becoming just as, if not, more entitled. 

Tonight, let’s end the Chiefs reign before it ever takes hold and take ownership of this Conference.  

Put Mahomes in the dirt.  This is Josh Allen’s league now. 

Classic trolling. They know this game is a toss-up at best. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im not too worried about it.  I trust the FO in  drafting and finding mid-level FA’s that excel in our scheme.  

Bengals and Chargers will have a couple more years where they can load up, but the Chiefs and Ravens will be in the same position as us.  

I’m posting on the Bills message board, and it was a “let’s go!!” type of post.  Sorry… we’ll temper our enthusiasm as to not offend you.  

Don’t mind him. He was picked last at recess.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Shows how incredibly stupid they are. No need for further explanation required. 

Burrow has played very well. He and the coach seem very exuberant, which is their right for winning. 

Maybe it’s me but I keep thinking 

Humble and Hungry.  

Staying grounded - hopefully that works for us. 

me 

Nervous Anxiety GIF by blackbear

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Man now I’m starting to wonder if the Bills are going to try to out muscle the Chiefs defense….

could we see a ton of 6 OL w/ Doyle? 

i have had the same thought. You watch the film breakdown of the chiefs, and Chris Jones is pretty poor against the run. He gets pushed around a lot. That’s how teams really neutralize him As a pass rusher. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i have had the same thought. You watch the film breakdown of the chiefs, and Chris Jones is pretty poor against the run. He gets pushed around a lot. That’s how teams really neutralize him As a pass rusher. 

There’s an excellent game from 2019 where Frank Reich and the obviously undermanned Colts beat the Chiefs by simply forcing them to play the game on the Colts’ terms. Whatever happens tonight I want the Bills to dictate the rules of engagement and the pace of play. Play keep away, string together long drives and play suffocating defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, uninja said:

There’s an excellent game from 2019 where Frank Reich and the obviously undermanned Colts beat the Chiefs by simply forcing them to play the game on the Colts’ terms. Whatever happens tonight I want the Bills to dictate the rules of engagement and the pace of play. Play keep away, string together long drives and play suffocating defense. 

Agreed. This is what drove me nuts in last year’s AFCCG. There was just constant audibiling and cat and mouse changes by the Bills at the line based on the confusing looks the chiefs gave us. Sometimes you just have to

just run your stuff, regardless. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Interesting stat was brought up on the Rich Eisen show:

There have been 6 previous occasions where a team has played both a Belichick coached team and an Andy Reid coached team in the playoffs in the same year. Not once did those teams manage wins against both coaches.

Records are meant to be broken.

The big difference is that the Belichick coached team probably had one Tom Brady on it at the time.

Belichick coached teams are not what they used to be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.