1/23/22 Week 20 Divisional Playoffs Bills @ Chiefs PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

🎼 ‘there’s somethin’ happenin’ here..

what it is has become clear’

Our dream is unfolding as the stars align! The #1 Seeds have fallen and the opportunity to PLAY AT HOME IN THE AFCCG will be realized  with a Win tonight! Our opponent in our last HOME Championship Game following the ‘93 season is the same team we lost to in both last years’ title game and our last AFL title game. Our long hated rival, the Kansas’s City Chiefs! 

In retrospect, I suppose this unanticipated opportunity could have been given more consideration. The longest, most topsy-turvy season in NFL history should have provided foresight to this eventuality. Yesterday’s games were low-scoring clunkers sans being close, with both games decided by last second Field Goals for the Away teams. No team reached 20 points! By kickoff tonight, the NFCCG teams will be known and all that remains is who the Bengals will play and where! 

For us Bills fans, it seems our destiny to play next week for the chance at the Super Bowl! Our team is the best our Cap allotment can buy, our ‘window’ sits just above the sill as our staff has become targets for the starving wolves, repeating last seasons’ signing of all impending FA’s is impossible and -sans Tre White, we’re HEALTHY! Toss in Playoff Revenge with our nemesis from Missouri and the stage is set! For even our most steadfast deniers, this hasn’t happened here in 3 decades and it’s Time to Let Your Freak Flag Fly!

The Team is Ready! The Unicorn is Ready! The League is Ready! The Stage is Set! ARE YOU  READY FOR SOME CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL?!?

For all our Hopes and Dreams, for all our departed friends and family, for the justification of our unhealthy affliction with Ralph Wilsons’ Foolish Club, 

GO BILLS!!

32B310AA-F695-483D-8517-5FFE41C666CB.jpeg

706C8524-3C9D-475C-80BD-D96D3C6D05C7.jpeg

B1D49E84-09F6-4EB8-8ED4-CA4DF89667F5.jpeg

BB516478-B9D9-499B-AAF0-686B84A5954E.jpeg

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 1/23/22 Week 20 Divisional Playoffs Bills @ Chiefs PREGAME THREAD
  • Chandler#81 pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Okay, XXXXX. Let's XXXXXXXXX XXX XXXX XXXX XXX XXXXX.

[Moderator Edited -oh HELL NO! Tradition WILL NOT be messed with today!]

Fair enough.  I will wear the thong of shame.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting stat was brought up on the Rich Eisen show:

There have been 6 previous occasions where a team has played both a Belichick coached team and an Andy Reid coached team in the playoffs in the same year. Not once did those teams manage wins against both coaches.

Records are meant to be broken.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1

My Final thoughts, pre-glow

1. What a stunning game in GB last night.  The MVP is on the golf course today.

2. 3 INTs > 9 Sacks

3. Divisional round games were all hard fought.  Thinking the under on points is the winning bet today.

4. All of a sudden a rematch of Cincy v SF seems possible in the SB.  

5. Everyone in Tampa, Los Angeles, Buffalo and Kansas City are happy today.

6. Two road teams winning yesterday makes me nervous today.  Can it really be that 3 road teams will win this year?

7. Josh, it's there for the taking..

8. Would not shock me to see both teams take the air out of the ball today and play ball control drives.

9. Mooch picked both winners correctly yesterday.  He's the only one that I have seen do it.

10. Go Bills.  For the love of all that is holy, Go Bills.  For all of us suffering fans in Buffalo and around the world, Go Bills.  Play your game and Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Using their own words against them. I like it!

I also realize you keep saying it every week and it keeps working.👍

Not me. I tried, unmaliciously, to steal oldmanfan's thunder but it's not right unless he posts it.

6 minutes ago, taglientep said:

Is it wrong to pray and ask god for a victory?  I. Know it’s on the low scale of importance, but it would bring a lot of hope to WNY’ers and bills fans alike 

I pray for them to play well and let the chips fall where they may!  Sooner or later!!!

Edited by TAinLA
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, taglientep said:

Is it wrong to pray and ask god for a victory?  I. Know it’s on the low scale of importance, but it would bring a lot of hope to WNY’ers and bills fans alike 

Not wrong.

maybe try asking for everyone to stay healthy and play their best game? Kind of the same as asking for a Bills victory.

39 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Interesting stat was brought up on the Rich Eisen show:

There have been 6 previous occasions where a team has played both a Belichick coached team and an Andy Reid coached team in the playoffs in the same year. Not once did those teams manage wins against both coaches.

Records are meant to be broken.

This made me think of:  For 25 years the four teams that were in the Championships games, one didn’t make it to the playoffs the next year. That got broke this year .

I also think it speaks to Belichick being such a great defensive coach and Reid being such a great offensive coach. You need a great well balanced team to beat both them…luckily I think the Bills have such a team. 

Let’s Go!!!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, taglientep said:

Tim Russert did. On national TV no less. “Please God! Just 1 time! Go Bills!”

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.