Booker T hype video

BrainwashedBillsFan

4 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Is he a Bills fan, or is this because of the WWE’s partnership with Fox?

Booker T was only good in Harlem Heat with Sensational Sherri as their valet. His singles run was forced. 

King Booker with Regal and Finlay was epic.

”All hail King Booker!”

2 hours ago, Augie said:

A friend of ours, Donald “Duck” Dunn was the bass player there. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago. Great guy, great memories of some great times with him and his wife. Amazing tales from playing with different artists over the years. 

Oh wow... you knew Duck Dunn? Man was a genius. And one of his gigs was with the Blues Brothers! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Oh wow... you knew Duck Dunn? Man was a genius. And one of his gigs was with the Blues Brothers! 

It was a circle of R&R (often HOF) musicians. My wife became friends with one of the wives chairing a fundraiser for a performing arts facility. I had never heard of him, or really any of these guys. I mean, you knew the names of these bands FOR SURE, but it wasn’t my thing to know they guys. I think that’s why we were allowed “inside”. I had no clue. I had to shut down my friends who wanted access. 

Dinner parties were always at someone’s house. If we ever went out for a big event, like a birthday party, it was in a private room. They (especially some bigger names) couldn’t go out in public. Duck and June were not recognized like some others.  The lady my wife became close with had a birthday and they brought in a band from Orlando to a private venue a couple hours away. One by one these R&R HOF guys would say “can I use your….” And we ended up sitting largely with the guys from Orlando. They were all “I can’t believe I’m getting PAID for this! I would have paid them to be here!”

I’ll never forget Mustang Sally breaking out in one guys foyer after dinner and LOTS of wine. Best live music I’ve ever witnessed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Augie said:

A friend of ours, Donald “Duck” Dunn was the bass player there. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago. Great guy, great memories of some great times with him and his wife. Amazing tales from playing with different artists over the years. 

Sorry to hear he passed.  He was in Blues Brothers movie, no?

16 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Sorry to hear he passed.  He was in Blues Brothers movie, no?

Yep, pretty cool life. Had the Big Hair thing rocking in Blues Brothers.  I looked it up and was surprised to see it was about a decade since he passed while touring in Tokyo. Both Duck and June were the most down to earth people you could ever meet. 

His tales of working with different artists were pure entertainment. Clapton would send him the music and expect it played note for note. EXACTLY. Neil Young would say “that’s what I had in mind, but you do it how you feel it”.  He talked about recording with someone (Clapton?) in Miami. He asked the other guys “you remember that little studio?”  I was thinking 461 Ocean Boulevard. I asked what album, and he had absolutely no idea. He knew the notes, etc but didn’t keep track of “albums”. We always tried to sit near Duck and June at dinners. Great people. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Meh. Grocery store gimmick matches don’t have anything on his run as WCW Tag Champion. They had battles with the Steiner Brothers that were legendary. 

This is fun, but it’s square peg in a round hole for me. 

Booker vs Benoit best of 7 🙌🏾

5 star matches.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Duck Dunn is a legend.  Played on hundreds, if not thousands of hits.  The best bass player you never heard of.  Sorry for your loss @Augie

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Proof that wrestling is real and unscripted

Thanks Booker t

I think I’ve watched that video over 1000 times over the years.  Epic 

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

He was born in Houston and lives there....but if he wants to be a Bills fan welcome to the Mafia King Booker  :)

You would think the Dudley's would be naturals though......Devon Get the Tables ;) 

He’s all about the money.  Diggs + Can you Digg it made sense. Bills offered him money, make that money Booker t

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think I’ve watched that video over 1000 times over the years.  Epic 

He’s all about the money.  Diggs + Can you Digg it made sense. Bills offered him money, make that money Booker t

Theres a longer version out there where he breaks character in the last few seconds before the camera moves off him.  I believe also he was asked/paid to make that.  

EDIT - it’s a FB video

https://fb.watch/aJ18Vtxn07/

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.