SB halftime Show Teaser.

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Just listened to DNA. Not really my thing.  I’ve heard it a few times previously. I’m more into the club banging beats that I can dance to.  I respect the new dances, but I don’t have the shoulder shimmies down just yet.  

I see why people love Kendrick (and J Cole).  As lyricists, they’re on point.  Just not my thing.  

Yeah. The new school beats that those guys have are definitely not club bangers. I listen to both J. Cole and Kendrick a reasonable amount. I go through phases. Right now, I actually have zero hip-hop in rotation and have been like that for a few months. Kind of reflects my moods. But, if someone turns them on, I am definitely not walking away.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Would love a Wu halftime show. 

I’m not sure that will ever happen. But, hot damn that would be cool to see them all roll out Triumph at halftime.

3 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

At age 44 this post is 1000% spot on for me as well. Imagine the Melt down if Wu-Tang was the halftime show? :)

Oh man.  ❤️ Shame on a N, triumph, Wu tang forever and Gravel Pit are in my defensive rotation when we need a stop.  

Forgot to mention Naughty by Nature.  An all time pairing that is criminally underrated imo.  SO many of their songs bring back the fondest of memories. Treach and Vin brought it and had the beats to match.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m not sure that will ever happen. But, hot damn that would be cool to see them all roll out Triumph at halftime.

Jerry Jones wouldn't allow it b.c they don't have ODB anymore. His favorite song is "Got your money"

Edited by TBBills

The last of the great rockers are all in their 70s.  Have a conversation with many in their 20's about these groups and you'll usually get blank stares or maybe a comment about how their dad had their cd. Reality. 

The halftime show is now firmly more a "show" than it is a mini concert. Dancers, props, fake guitar playing, pre-recorded tracks, etc. It's visual. It's diverse across genre. It's safe. It's the NFL.  Presumably it's profitable. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I'm really looking forward to this HT show. Even just historically speaking, it's a pretty cool lineup. Dr Dre is rap royalty. However you feel about his music, his influence is undeniable. His resume as a producer is massive. M.J. Blige is amazing live, and might be the most talented one up there. Kendrick Lamar almost single-handedly returned rap to popular relevance with the release of We Gon Be Alright. Eminem (originally produced by Dr. Dre, btw) was one of the biggest drivers in expanding rap into mainstream appeal. Snoop Dogg deserves some credit for that, as well. I've worked on over 30 Snoop Dogg videos in my career, and all but three of them were other artist's videos "featuring Snoop Dogg." No one who has met him doesn't like him. It's hard to overstate how much of a unifying influence he has been in the music industry, and in popular culture. I've turned down a blunt from him three times! (Don't judge, I was working, and had to keep my head clear...) 

If I have any misgivings on this lineup, it's that it's so one-dimensional. I've always thought the shows that had a lot of crossover genres were the better ones. Madonna in 2012 had a ton.

And I still hold out hope for the Super Bowl Halftime Show that would, in my opinion, be the greatest of all time: Weird Al Yankovic with Special Guests. There used to be an annual petition for him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Holy crap I’m not sure you could’ve made a bigger “get off my lawn” statement if you tried! season 13 GIF

I’m good with that. You young punks have no clue what music is and it’s clearly evident by this Halftime presentation. Not a single lyric SUNG, nothing more than beginner level musicians and completely devoid of score verse/chorus/instrumentals/middle 8’s. To everyone who truly knows music, this is complete trash. I’ll be napping.

046AFCA3-0194-4467-BD00-5EA6108C3201.jpeg

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Although I'm a metal guy, I do enjoy the old school rap - I listen to LL Cool J's Rock the Bells on Sirius XM all the time. Very good artists for halftime but when they announced it I was trying to figure out what songs they could do - most of the lyrics and themes in Dre/Snoop's big songs would not work at all - can you think of anything LESS family friendly then them singing "187 with my D in your mouth"?

Edited by The Avenger
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Seriously?  You aren't very old.

What a lousy youth, musically speaking!

Halftime of the SB is traditionally my personal time to eat, hit the head, or do whatever needs doing, with the comfort of knowing I am missing absolutely NOTHING.

I see that won't change this year, which is great.

Not to sound like an old geezer but damn I feel sorry for people who grew up with mid 90's and on samples music.  I got to see all the cool bands that everyone still knows and loves.  When I saw Michael Jackson in the Rose Bowl I was impressed......when I watched both Aerosmith, Petty, Chili Peppers, and the Stones play on TV I was way more impressed.  THOSE were bands.......just saying that they were my musical preference.  Hope the above cast of artists rock out and it is a good show......we shall see.

GO BILLS!

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Had a great youth. Also listened to Doors AcDC and the older rock as well. But this lineup had their hits while I was growing up. 

AC/DC should have been performing.....just saying.....

Edited by Kwai San

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.