2022 FAs

Milanos Milano

16 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

So Jerry is already a UFA and Addison is essentially a UFA as he has a 2 million buyout that is in effect.  Neither has a contract on the Salary Cap for next year - so you are not losing their Salary as it is zero when you look at the cap for next year.

Therefore - their salaries are not a chunk of money to sign Goodwin or Adams.  The only money you are saving is getting rid of a guy like Beasley saving a few million, but that money will be needed to sign another DE as we have at least 3 FA.  Same goes for WR - we cut Cole to save money, but you have FA in McKenzie and Sanders already and core ST like Kumerow.

You are also losing so DT and back-up LBs, depth OL, CB, and back-up QB.  You have several small holes that will need to be filled smartly as you also have Edmunds on his 5th year and a decision on Oliver and his 5th year option.

I would prefer to see the Bills sign a ton of mid level guys to fill holes and draft key positions like WR, DE, CB to get younger at those positions.

I wouldn't be upset with mid-tier players. There are many examples of these players outdoing the big names. In the pff article i linked above they project Haason Reddick at Contract Projection: Three years, $35 million ($11.67M per year, $18 million total guaranteed).

I also like Jamison Crowder at Contract Projection: One year, $4.5 million ($3.5 million total guaranteed)

You would have Rousseau, Basham, Espenesa, Reddick. 

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

juju is actually the opposite. Very misunderstood person. There are few players in the entire NFL more giving of their time and money (in genuine ways) to the community than Juju.  

Me first as a teammate - On the field and in the locker room he is a distraction as evidenced by Tomlin having to talk to him on not doing TikTok during pregame.  Immature and unaware is no way to go through life son. 

Edited by freddyjj

Extend Bates, McKenzie, Harry and Levi.  

Lock down Edmunds and Oliver long term.  

Move off of Butler, Addison, Hughes, Obada, Beasley and Sanders.  

We can probably make one decent FA signing.. I’d agree with those who want a young #2/3 WR.  

Plus one low level FA signing..  Would like to get a reliable #2 TE so the drop off from Knox isn’t Top 5 TE to Practice Squad TE. 

Draft can go BPA early, with EDGE, DT & IOL a focus in the middle rounds.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You have to think logically the Bills needs going into the off season…

Defensively will need another CB or two depending on Levi and Treys progress

Need a DT with Star likely playing out his contract

Need on offense 2TE…since we only have one TE…1WR if Beasley leaves preferably a burner…1 big back to compliment motor since Moss is a bust…and one more olineman 

I can see a big free agent splash for 1 guy and still not break the budget 

Why is Moss a bust? He was a third round pick? He’s been fine as a third round pick

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Why is Moss a bust? He was a third round pick? He’s been fine as a third round pick

Id want more out of a 3rd Round Pick RB, but with Singletary showing what he’s capable of, Moss is fine for RB2 next year.  

The only place I could see us going RB is late in the draft to get someone to compete with Moss.  

Edited by SCBills

I’m actually really disappointed in this board. Signing Adams or Godwin is realistic. Good teams find a way to find 1 elite talent player for their roster to make a super bowl push. If there was ever a time to make that push, it is now. Having Adams or Godwin on this team next to Diggs is nearly unstoppable with McKenzie in the slot. 

How do you guard Diggs, Adams, McKenzie? 

If it means taking a small step back on retaining defense to make it happen, I would do so in a heart beat. 

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

In last summer's training camp, the Bills had so many NFL-caliber receivers that they had to simply cut guys who were good enough to start on other teams. 

Depending on what happens with Emanuel Sanders, the Bills MIGHT be in the market for a WR3.  I think Gabriel Davis is ready to be WR2.

Who did we cut that ended up starting on other teams?  I'm not necessarily questioning you, but I can't remember.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

A 3rd round pick on a RB is expected to turn into a first option RB.

Moss isn't bad but he's not looked like a #1 RB or even shown flashes that he could be one at any point in his 2 year career.

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Who did we cut that ended up starting on other teams?  I'm not necessarily questioning you, but I can't remember.

Don’t listen to these guys. They make it seem like we have all world pros at WR, we don’t. 
Give me a rooster that has Evans, Godwin. 

Id rather try and give our offense elite talent, and let Allen cook. We can always draft more o-line and defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Me first as a teammate - On the field and in the locker room he is a distraction as evidenced by Tomlin having to talk to him on not doing TikTok during pregame.  Immature and unaware is no way to go through life son. 

i don’t disagree re the need to tone the tik tok stuff. But that is the new generation. It’s actually players like him that are critical to the future of the game, not curmudgeons like most of us who don’t do that garbage. 

setting that aside, he is a really solid community citizen. Always seeking out fans in the community, doing food drives, helping people out.  I think he has good character, but is also your classic Gen Zer.

1 hour ago, Seoulofstone said:

I wouldn't be upset with mid-tier players. There are many examples of these players outdoing the big names. In the pff article i linked above they project Haason Reddick at Contract Projection: Three years, $35 million ($11.67M per year, $18 million total guaranteed).

I also like Jamison Crowder at Contract Projection: One year, $4.5 million ($3.5 million total guaranteed)

You would have Rousseau, Basham, Espenesa, Reddick. 

I’m tired of average talent. I want elite talent. Why waste money on Crowder? Just go get 1 player with elite talent to pair with Diggs. Why can’t we do it? We can make room if we need to cap wise. If 10x rather get Adams or Godwin. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Don’t listen to these guys. They make it seem like we have all world pros at WR, we don’t. 
Give me a rooster that has Evans, Godwin. 

Id rather try and give our offense elite talent, and let Allen cook. We can always draft more o-line and defense. 

I'm definitely into replacing Sanders and or Beasley with a top flight FA.  Use the draft for other positions.

• Agree 1

Just now, klos63 said:

I'm definitely into replacing Sanders and or Beasley with a top flight FA.  Use the draft for other positions.

I mean I understand that high spending in FA usually isn’t worth the money, but in our case it now makes sense. We are 1 elite player from cementing ourselves as super bowl favorites. Having Adams or Godwin makes us instant favorites, without a doubt. We could cut and find space if we really wanted to. 

Diggs, (Adams/Godwin), McKenzie is so scary good, we have to try. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We can probably make one decent FA signing.. I’d agree with those who want a young #2/3 WR.  

Plus one low level FA signing..  Would like to get a reliable #2 TE so the drop off from Knox isn’t Top 5 TE to Practice Squad TE. 

Did the cap go to 220M in 2022 and I missed it?  Because they're not going to be able to keep all their (especially defensive) pieces now that Josh's contract is kicking in for 2023.  

Said it before, but this is Josh's team and he's how they win games.  A majority of their cap dollars and draft picks needs to be offense.  

Defense is gonna need to take a backseat, which means re-signing everyone over there isn't gonna fly anymore.  This off-season should start the transition from being a balanced spending roster between defense and offense to being offense first.  Doesn't mean you can't retain a pass rusher or CB, just that the days are over re-signing everyone at LB, DT, and safety.  

It's one thing to build a team into being a contender, but it's even more difficult maintaining a team at a high level as players want to get paid.  We're gonna find out if McBeane have the stuff to know who to move on from, who to re-sign, and how to replace quality veterans lost in UFA with young players on rookie contracts. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

In last summer's training camp, the Bills had so many NFL-caliber receivers that they had to simply cut guys who were good enough to start on other teams. 

Depending on what happens with Emanuel Sanders, the Bills MIGHT be in the market for a WR3.  I think Gabriel Davis is ready to be WR2.

Until Jameson Williams takes his job ;)

Get all the Williams!

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Butler, Addison, Obada and Sanders are not under contract for next season.

4 hours ago, zevo said:

just win it this year so I dont give a ***** who we sign this offseason

It feels nice as a fan to say "just live in the now" and not have to hope the team might be better in the future. I definitely don't miss the days when I would make a 10 point plan to get the team "fixed" in one single off-season. 

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Yeahhhhhh I don’t think we’ll be seeing any of those signings, we are pretty bad cap wise.

Even if they release Mongo, Klein, Bease, and Star, that may provide just enough cap space to re-sign Harry, Dirty, Levi, our draft class, and maybe a few 2nd/3rd tier FAs.

Sorry to kill the thread vibe 😬

.......and Bates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.