2022 FAs

Milanos Milano

Just now, NewEra said:

As long as we’re having fun, let’s just sign all of them!!

I honestly think we could afford 1 big signing. If you had to pick a big signing, who would you want? Adams and Diggs would darn near be impossible to guard. 

We will likely be losing Jerry and Mario’s salary, so that right there is a good chunk of money to be able to sign a player like Godwin or Adams. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I honestly think we could afford 1 big signing. If you had to pick a big signing, who would you want? Adams and Diggs would darn near be impossible to guard. 

We will likely be losing Jerry and Mario’s salary, so that right there is a good chunk of money to be able to sign a player like Godwin or Adams. 

A trade for McCaffrey restructured so we can fit Kupp as well...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I got to admit, I love the idea of Juju Smith-Schuster in Buffalo. He is an extraordinary wideout, I know he struggled in Pittsburgh, but Ben is old and he wouldn’t have to be the top guy here, we have Diggs for that.

Diggs, Juju, Davis, McKenzie etc is not a bad way to go. He wouldn’t cost a whole lot and his skill set absolutely mirrors what Josh does best as a QB.

He’s easily a 100/catch receiver here and we could probably lock him down for 2-3 years at $8M/year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 7

55 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We've moved past the "splash signings in free agency" phase for this team. We

need to sign value, under the radar free agents, draft well, and develop talent for the future while maintaining the team that we have.

Josh's contract is going to kick in soon and we can't have a bunch of overpriced free agents on the books.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

In last summer's training camp, the Bills had so many NFL-caliber receivers that they had to simply cut guys who were good enough to start on other teams. 

Depending on what happens with Emanuel Sanders, the Bills MIGHT be in the market for a WR3.  I think Gabriel Davis is ready to be WR2.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

A trade for McCaffrey restructured so we can fit Kupp as well...

Define 'fit'. 🤔🤨

As for the eligible players, I think Bills Mafia should market those ubiquitous red plastic beer cups with pictures of players they think the team should go after in free agency.  They could sell them as 'FA Cups'.  Apologies to Taylor and Moore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I got to admit, I love the idea of Juju Smith-Schuster in Buffalo. He is an extraordinary wideout, I know he struggled in Pittsburgh, but Ben is old and he wouldn’t have to be the top guy here, we have Diggs for that.

Diggs, Juju, Davis, McKenzie etc is not a bad way to go. He wouldn’t cost a whole lot and his skill set absolutely mirrors what Josh does best as a QB.

He’s easily a 100/catch receiver here and we could probably lock him down for 2-3 years at $8M/year.

There’s no DISCO nights in Buffalo!! I’d rather have Michael Gallup. If he’s recuperated from ACL injury 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Would you rather target Brandon Scherff or Chris Godwin or Davante Adams? 

We likely can’t afford them, but could you imagine. 

Diggs, Adams, Davis . Make it happen! 

With Allen's large extension we are not signing any monster deals for guys like Adams. Also we probably aren't going to pay any WR more than we are Diggs, that would create a troubling dynamic.

• Agree 6

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

can't afford them.   this ain't fantasy football.   In fact, Beane needs to draft very well this year to gain more labor on rookie contracts.   Edmunds, Oliver and a host of others pay rate will be doubling/tripling next season.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

No one is "easily a 100 catch receiver here" when we already have Diggs, and Allen spreading out the ball to everyone else.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I got to admit, I love the idea of Juju Smith-Schuster in Buffalo

I do not think OBD mgmt shares your belief here.  JuJu and Claypool are 2 of the most "me first" players in the league and show little situational or game awareness at the most critical times.  JuJu is what Mahomes brother would be like if he could play - a total distraction.  Pass for me 

• Agree 8

If Godwin can’t get a long term deal because of his injury this year I think there is a chance he would take a one year “prove it” style deal for 15 million or so to amp up his value for next season with a potential monster receiving year. And who better to give Godwin that monster season than Josh?

Beane loves a big splash, and loves a UFA wideout on a one year deal.

I don’t think Beane is afraid of a big contract after giving Josh one, either. He tried to trade for Von Miller.

Edited by 716er
  • Disagree 1

If we go after a WR I would like to see us go for a guy that's 25 or 26 and on the market who hasn't hit full potential yet. 

DJ Chark

Michael Gallup

Christian Kirk

Those 3 would be the top of my list considering we aren't breaking the bank on anyone... Kirk would be a slot replacement for Beasely who will be 33 next year and has lost too much athleticism.

Chark and Gallup have big upside on the outside. Especially Chark, he makes a lot of contested catches has a good blend of size and altheticism, produced with bad QB play, but he broke his ankle a few months ago.  If he can pickup the offense he could be a star here. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

If we go after a WR I would like to see us go for a guy that's 25 or 26 and on the market who hasn't hit full potential yet. 

DJ Chark

Michael Gallup

Christian Kirk

Those 3 would be the top of my list considering we aren't breaking the bank on anyone... Kirk would be a slot replacement for Beasely who will be 33 next year and has lost too much athleticism.

Chark and Gallup have big upside on the outside. Especially Chark, he makes a lot of contested catches has a good blend of size and altheticism, produced with bad QB play, but he broke his ankle a few months ago.  If he can pickup the offense he could be a star here. 

If Chark is a FA, he’s my 1st option. Big, fast, contested catch WR. Gallup is 1b. Think Chark is a little faster. I wanted Chark in the draft

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

More Weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sign them all.

Edited by mattynh

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.