Giants/Schoen interview Daboll for HC

Hapless Bills Fan

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/01/21/keep-eye-brian-daboll-may-just-covet-miami-dolphins-job/amp/ Per Lombardo he wants the Dolphins job and is waiting on Miami to talk about a deal with him 

If true thats just dumb. What coach would want to play for an owner who fired a man who got the most out of their team and had them at the edge of playoff for multiple years despite a lack of talent and not spending money... if anyone should have been fired in Miami it should have been the GM. Daboll should not even consider that job. If he suceeds he could still potentially get fired.

8 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Timing of this crap is really lame IMO while in mid playoff run.

I'm happy for these guys overall, just not a fan of the when is all. 

I realize this is probably just a 2 hr. live or more likely zoom interview as Schoen is probably already in NYC, but not sure why they couldn’t wait until Monday.  

Daboll and Frazier don’t need distractions this weekend.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I realize this is probably just a 2 hr. live or more likely zoom interview as Schoen is probably already in NYC, but not sure why they couldn’t wait until Monday.  

on Monday, they should be preparing for the Titans.  what then?  unless there is a league wide rule that bans these interviews until a team is knocked out of the playoffs, i get why they have to do it now.

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Why do people act like the coaches are preparing for the Chiefs 24/7? Do we really think they have absolutely NO time to fit in a video interview? The "distraction" complaint is way overblown.

Preparing for an interview is a ton of work. A candidate needs to be very familiar with a team's roster prior to the interview.  They need to know what assistants they might bring in.  They need to evaluate what can be done to improve the team.  These interviews should not be taking place now.  The Bills agree, but the league voted down their proposal to hold off on interviews until after the Super Bowl.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/01/21/keep-eye-brian-daboll-may-just-covet-miami-dolphins-job/amp/ Per Lombardo he wants the Dolphins job and is waiting on Miami to talk about a deal with him 

Well I'm not so crazy about this.

Giants or Chicago should be his play unless he feels Tua can play at a high NFL level that we haven't seen.

26 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Preparing for an interview is a ton of work. A candidate needs to be very familiar with a team's roster prior to the interview.  They need to know what assistants they might bring in.  They need to evaluate what can be done to improve the team.  These interviews should not be taking place now.  The Bills agree, but the league voted down their proposal to hold off on interviews until after the Super Bowl.

But Schoen knows Daboll and Frazier pretty well. Probably not difficult or time consuming interviews.

I'm thinking this was the extent of the interview:

Schoen: "Hi Brian, are you interested in being the head coach of the NY Giants?"

Daboll: "Congrats Joe on the GM gig. That sounds really good, sure I'm interested."

Schoen: "What do you think of Daniel Jones?"

Daboll: "I need to watch more tape before I would be able to make a call on him. But we would have the offseason to figure that out."

Schoen: "When can you start?"

Daboll: "Well, I'm hoping not until after the Super Bowl."

Schoen: "Okay. We have to go through the interview process, including Rooney rule candidates, but I will be back to you soon. You're our top candidate and would love to see if we could replicate what Sean and Brandon have done in Buffalo. I will see you in KC, go BIlls."

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And I agree, interviewing should not be allowed until the end of the season---for anyone, to keep it fair.

Teams can wait another couple weeks.

I so much agree with this.  I think the league needs to address this with more consideration given to playoff teams.  I saw this quote from Brady (still detest him, but credit where due)  here in Florida last night and it just made me wince a little bit thinking of Daboll and Frazier:

“I don’t do anything extra this week,” Brady said. “I just want to do football. That’s all I want to do, prepare and get ready. That’s how we should all approach it. This isn’t the time for the trips to the movie theaters. This is the time to lock in on football. This is all we have, three days left and then we’ve got to earn more. Look at it like that, everything, you can put off until the end of the year, and we hope the end of the year isn’t Sunday. But you have to earn it.”

Brady is totally locked in, and preparing with singularity of purpose.  I love our guys Frazier and Daboll and support their quest to advance their careers, but I can't shake the notion that these opportunities are, by definition, oppositional to "singularity of purpose".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/20/tom-brady-we-should-all-approach-this-week-as-nothing-but-football/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

No slam dunk for Daboll as Schoen has to get the approval of Mara and Tisch too. Mara was touting Flores earlier this week and saying his hiring of a GM would not automatically be a package GM/HC deal. Best of luck to Daboll, he deserves a shot at HC.

Not sure Daboll has the communications skills to get any other HC job, so makes sense he gets the Giants job, as Joe knows him already....not sure he gets through an interview process with folks he's meeting for the first time.   Not exactly the cheeriest guy I've ever heard.    Also, I have no idea, but you really need to have something special to survive the NY market.   Not sure that's the job I'd want.   Good luck to him if he takes it.   Big payday for sure.  

So Josh is 16 pounds heavier, at the same height, e.g. thicker, with more muscle mass.  Also a bit faster and arguably more explosive.  Energy = mass*speed^2.

Josh is as big if not bigger than the linebackers who have to deal with him in the running game, and much bigger than the safeties if he gets to the next level.

Jones always seems to be on the injury report. 

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I haven’t heard of any Chiefs assistants being interviewed. Guess everyone thinks it’s Andy’s show. 

Spags, their DC failed as a HC before and viewed as a coordinator. 

Bieniemy doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a leadership position like HC, he has a lengthy arrest record, he's been arrested 4 times 3 for physical fights and 1 for DUI, including grabbing a female parking attendant by the neck... when he coached in college at Colorado they got busted in a scandal using drugs and sex to lure recruits. The guy is a walking piece of human garbage and they only reason he has a coordinator job is because KC doesn't care about criminal activity as we all well know. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I haven’t heard of any Chiefs assistants being interviewed. Guess everyone thinks it’s Andy’s show. 

Bienemy is interviewing with Denver 

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

They are being interviewed in Buffalo. Schoen is still there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just don’t get it. Daboll has almost no personality. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you have to inspire people to lead them. You can be a great strategist, but if you can’t the blood pumping, and the adrenaline flowing, you have a group of guys walking out of the tunnel, not charging. 

I like Daboll as a coordinator. But if I’m a Giants fan, I don’t want him near my team; unless he’s there as the Offensive coordinator to turn Daniel Jones into something useable. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.