Sanders and Beez next season?? Offense evolving....and a score prediciton for sunday =)

BillsBlue

I've been doing some thinking about how the offense will evolve moving forward in the absence of Beez and Sanders next season. 

I assume this is probably what's going to happen as Beez is on the last year of his contract and it's been a tough year PR wise as well he's lost a step and a half. I see us being better for him leaving the team at this point in his career and also because Mckenzie is ready to be featured and opens up our offense and makes it very hard to defend with all that he brings to the table. As far as Sanders goes I wonder if he has another season in the tank or not??  Is mckenzie enough to replace what 2021 Sanders and Beez bring to the table?? Also worth noting is Gabe Davis, he seems to be ready to be as full time starter opposite Diggs now and for the future plus he can get open deep(this makes Sanders more loseable imo). A different player at a different position is absolutely primed to be a feature player(not just in TDs like this year but in YARDS too) next season is Knox, he will be a superstar next season and this helps the loss of Beez and Sanders be less also. 

So with that said I bring you your most potent Offense imo of 2022  while opening the cap up a little

Diggs                                                 Knox                    Davis

Mckenzie          

Allen  Singletary

I hope we run this a bit Sunday, it's a pick your poison set of players and people get open when these guys are all out there as well it keeps defenses off balance 

with the pre snap motions with mckenzie and makes running so much easier as well as passing!!

BILLS 37 CHIEFS 21

Edited by BillsBlue
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

We'll see, but I would be surprised if Beasley and Sanders were both on the team next year, and I would not be surprised if neither is. I think between some young guys (Hodgins, Stevenson) and new guys brought in through FA and the draft the receivers room will look pretty different next year.

I feel as though you said the same thing in a different way in this sentence.  We get it, you don't like Bease and Sanders! 🤪

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

I've been doing some thinking about how the offense will evolve moving forward in the absence of Beez and Sanders next season. 

I assume this is probably what's going to happen as Beez is on the last year of his contract and it's been a tough year PR wise as well he's lost a step and a half. I see us being better for him leaving the team at this point in his career and also because Mckenzie is ready to be featured and opens up our offense and makes it very hard to defend with all that he brings to the table. As far as Sanders goes I wonder if he has another season in the tank or not??  Is mckenzie enough to replace what 2021 Sanders and Beez bring to the table?? Also worth noting is Gabe Davis, he seems to be ready to be as full time starter opposite Diggs now and for the future plus he can get open deep(this makes Sanders more loseable imo). A different player at a different position is absolutely primed to be a feature player(not just in TDs like this year but in YARDS too) next season is Knox, he will be a superstar next season and this helps the loss of Beez and Sanders be less also. 

So with that said I bring you your most potent Offense imo of 2022  while opening the cap up a little

Diggs                                                 Knox                    Davis

Mckenzie          

Allen  Singletary

I hope we run this a bit Sunday, it's a pick your poison set of players and people get open when these guys are all out there as well it keeps defenses off balance 

with the pre snap motions with mckenzie and makes running so much easier as well as passing!!

BILLS 37 CHIEFS 21

When Bills Win they always win by 12+

Bills 38

kc 24

If the chiefs win it’s going to be close and heartbreaking, something like 31-30

• Agree 1

Funny how Bease has lost a step but Sanders has not.  Looking at Beasely's plays on Sunday, he was open on quite a few dropbacks..  Knox second touchdown Beasley would have easily scored as well.  However I do agree if he may need to restructure if he want's to stay a Bill 7.5m cap hit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

We'll see, but I would be surprised if Beasley and Sanders were both on the team next year, and I would not be surprised if neither is. I think between some young guys (Hodgins, Stevenson) and new guys brought in through FA and the draft the receivers room will look pretty different next year.

Ideally, we win the Super Bowl and Sanders retires, he's basically said that already, but I wouldn't be surprised if he retires either way at this point.

• Agree 1

Sanders and Beasley are definitely both question marks for next season - especially if Daboll is gone.  A new OC (if not from within the organization) might want to bring in at least one of "their own" guys, either by FA or draft at WR.  Just never know with how they may need to play the salary cap (even since it'll go up), with Josh's nice new salary....

Don't want to turn this into a salary cap discussion - would just be very surprised if the WR corp is the same next season.

Edited by Blainorama5
  • Agree 1

A lot of player and cap calculus to sort this out.  But, Hodgins is far from having shown anything in a game, even preseason.  Who knows if he  can play.  Sanders likely has to go, and Kumerow is a core special teams player I think.  McKenzie is on a one year deal, and is from Miami.....I would not rule out him showing up on the phins roster.  Beasley can still play, and is a little expensive at7.5.....if he restructures,  he might stay.  I don't buy he is much slower btw.  Yes, a high draft pick after the linemen we need is called for.  If we loose coordinators we might have excess 3 rd picks to focus on this need.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I feel as though you said the same thing in a different way in this sentence.  We get it, you don't like Bease and Sanders! 🤪

Sanders signed a 1 year contract for $6M.  He may have been a bit of a disappointment as far as availability - missed preseason and needed to "get in sync" with Josh Allen during the first couple games of the season, missed 3 games and most of a 4th (though to his credit, he did come back to play in a crucial game when 2 other starting WR were out with Covid, so he gets the "team guy" props for that).  Before he missed those games, he seemed to be fading a bit, with his blocking falling off.  He had his lowest catch % of the last 4 seasons (since 2017).

Similar kind of analysis of Beasley.  On the good side, he is still the Master at getting open vs. zone.  On the other side, he seems to have lost some burst, and there are questions (at least in my mind) as to whether a Beasley who is playing injured and going down instead of fighting for a first down should be on the field ahead of Davis or McKenzie.

The Bills have limited cap space, so it's not a huge stretch (or a sign of dislike) to think the Bills might decide they need that cap to re-sign Harrison Phillips and others, and they should move towards getting younger at WR -  giving Davis a shot and re-signing McKenzie, perhaps.

I would really like to see the Bills use some top picks at OL and WR this draft.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sanders signed a 1 year contract for $6M.  He may have been a bit of a disappointment as far as availability - missed preseason and needed to "get in sync" with Josh Allen during the first couple games of the season, missed 3 games and most of a 4th (though to his credit, he did come back to play in a crucial game when 2 other starting WR were out with Covid, so he gets the "team guy" props for that).  Before he missed those games, he seemed to be fading a bit, with his blocking falling off.  He had his lowest catch % of the last 4 seasons (since 2017).

Similar kind of analysis of Beasley.  On the good side, he is still the Master at getting open vs. zone.  On the other side, he seems to have lost some burst, and there are questions (at least in my mind) as to whether a Beasley who is playing injured and going down instead of fighting for a first down should be on the field ahead of Davis or McKenzie.

The Bills have limited cap space, so it's not a huge stretch (or a sign of dislike) to think the Bills might decide they need that cap to re-sign Harrison Phillips and others, and they should move towards getting younger at WR -  giving Davis a shot and re-signing McKenzie, perhaps.

I would really like to see the Bills use some top picks at OL and WR this draft.

I’m not saying I disagree with him or you, I think it’s likely they move on from them too. I was just pointing out the confusing language the poster used. 

4 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’m not saying I disagree with him or you, I think it’s likely they move on from them too. I was just pointing out the confusing language the poster used. 

I have no argument there.  I had to read it a couple times myself.

12 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I could see both of them leaving, I would hope they sign a veteran and draft a young guy though. No need to thin your receiver room to much.

I think the Bills probably wanted to keep Beasley around another year for that "dog" mentality and veteran presence in the WR room and for teaching his craft as a zone dissector to the younger guys.

I do think @BADOLBILZ may be correct that a guy doesn't rack up the NFL fines and off-field attention that Beasley has done this season without getting a bit on the "gruntled" side of the coaching staff and FO.  I'm not sure that's the big negative some here would believe, but it turns what would be a clear "Advantage: Beasley" (grit, veteran leadership, "dog" mentality) into a "Mixed Bag" at best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Sanders and Beasley are definitely both question marks for next season - especially if Daboll is gone.  A new OC (if not from within the organization) might want to bring in at least one of "their own" guys, either by FA or draft at WR.  Just never know with how they may need to play the salary cap (even since it'll go up), with Josh's nice new salary....

Don't want to turn this into a salary cap discussion - would just be very surprised if the WR corp is the same next season.

I think Beasley is gone for sure next year, but that's just my opinion.

• Agree 1

After the Bills draft Jameson Williams, who likely won't be available until later in the season, and before he is available, they will likely need a placeholder. Wouldn't surprise me to see them bring one of those guys back(Beasley) as a veteran presence in the room. After they win the SB mind you.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I don't think it was confusing. He would be surprised if both were on the roster. He would not surprised if neither were on the roster.

And it's implied that he wouldn't be surprised if the third possibility holds - that only one of them is on the roster.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I think Beasley is gone for sure next year, but that's just my opinion.

The way they structured his contract, I thought from year 1 he'd likely be gone unless he vastly outperformed his deal. If he stays, they'll need to redo it and probably extend him. This season's beasely won't on the field wouldn't likely convince them to keep him disregarding any off the field stuff. 

I'd like to see McKenzie back, but I think he's swing himself a decent deal they may not match. Davis seems like the "successor" to #2 (sanders). I think they bring another mid-tier vet to replace experience of Sanders/Beasely.

I'd be comfortable with Diggs/Davis/Mckenzie as 1/2/3 and a mid-tier vet to compete with the younger guys for 4/5/6/Returner

Looking more and more like we draft a WR 1st rd or better yet, trade down and draft a WR, OL,DT and CB in the first 3 rounds. Resign Levi, bates, Isaiah and Harrison.  Bye to Cole and sanders. 

MLB is a potential pick but if tremaines extension is 13.3M like spotrac predicts, I could see us extending him. Not sure if he’s worth that kind of money…..but he’ll have a chance to prove it this weekend. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.