Texans getting closer to hiring Josh McCown as Head Coach

Albany,n.y.

19 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Hiring an unqualified former QB over established minority OC/HCs would be the ammo Flores and his lawsuit needs. Very Texans of them. 

The only thing I can think of is that the Texans may have someone already on staff (Pep Hamilton? Lovie?) that they are considering promoting. I cannot imagine that right now they would be as tone deaf as to hire McCown as HC. (Why not bring him in as an offensive assistant or position coach?). 

And I just can't see them hiring Flores with all the distractions that would be thrown on top of the Watson continuing drama. 

Though Flores did say he informed the Texans of his intention to file his lawsuit during his interview. So it's nothing they were caught off guard with.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like Flores is the favorite here. Maybe McCown for OC.

I cannot see Flores having McCown as his OC.  He was the competition and if he loses it is likely because he is lacking experience and this would give his some.  If he is let go because Texans are doing poorly and McCown gets job he will be even madder.

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I cannot see Flores having McCown as his OC.  He was the competition and if he loses it is likely because he is lacking experience and this would give his some.  If he is let go because Texans are doing poorly and McCown gets job he will be even madder.

Seems like McCown might not be ready for HC, but maybe OC. Just a thought. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like McCown might not be ready for HC, but maybe OC. Just a thought. 

I could see it if McCown and Flores had previous working relationship.  Of course even if they talked about it Flores would have to interview outside candidates and based on his attitude I cannot see him picking non-Rooney candidate.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

Flores will be the HC.  I'll put money on it.

But will that be enough to bring #4 back into the fold?

I see him hiring Eric Bieniemy as OC / Assistant HC so he could get out of Reid's shadow.

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

But will that be enough to bring #4 back into the fold?

I see him hiring Eric Bieniemy as OC / Assistant HC so he could get out of Reid's shadow.

No clue.  I'm approaching this from the NFL giving them a nudge to hire him (because it actually makes sense than hiring McCown and because of the optics).

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I could see it if McCown and Flores had previous working relationship.  Of course even if they talked about it Flores would have to interview outside candidates and based on his attitude I cannot see him picking non-Rooney candidate.

Why not?  Flores hired 3 white guys as OCs and moved on from Patrick Graham to Josh Boyer at DC in Miami

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I for some reason thought that he was already the Qb coach. I’’m out of the McCown loop.

No, that’s kind of the outrage, that he’s never coached in the NFL at any level

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Flores shouldn’t accept McCown as his OC. It’s clear Texans want McCown to be their HC. Anyone that takes him on their staff is just a placeholder. Surprised they didn’t make Cully have him be OC. Maybe those were the philosophical differences 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.