Are coaches always to blame - McD, Frazier & Daboll?

Billsfan1972

On 1/21/2022 at 1:45 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think there’s a poster that has had more eye rolls than him.  But everyone else misses the point.

I guess I really missed the point, huh????

Yep I'm just giddy today😡.  I'm numb, depressed & pissed.

Doesn't take away from the thread I made & what I was concerned about.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Frazier must of thought they just didnt have to give up a TD not a FG because thats they type of D he played.   As ballsy as McD was early by going for a 4th down near mid-field on the opening drive, Frazier played wuss ball in the final 13 seconds.

Coaches lost the game when they did not go for it on 4th and inches (according to Romo 12 inches to be exact) in the 2nd quarter (I believe),  and not challenging the Gabe Davis toe drag that was clearly a catch. This game was a possession game, keep Patty on the bench more than Josh and we win. Period. If we had won one of those two winnable downs we would not be having this conversation and  would be favorites to lift the Lombardi. 

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Coaches lost the game when they did not go for it on 4th and inches (according to Romo 12 inches to be exact) in the 2nd quarter (I believe),  and not challenging the Gabe Davis toe drag that was clearly a catch. This game was a possession game, keep Patty on the bench more than Josh and we win. Period. If we had won one of those two winnable downs we would not be having this conversation and  would be favorites to lift the Lombardi. 

No Davis bobbled the ball and did not have complete possession.

Also Romo described two Bills offensive possessions as just too conservative and they were both times 2nd & 4 or less and called runs.  They were @ 7-7 and the Bills first possession of the second half.  I was apoplectic and telling my friends how stupid they were.  

Those are small things to quibble about.  The last 13 seconds was unbelievable incompetence by the coaching.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

52 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Nobody should score with 13 seconds left.  I don't care how good the QB is.  That was a coaching blunder.  You don't need the 85 Bears defense to stop someone with only 13 seconds time.  You just don't.  They made it too damn easy.  It wasn't Mahomes they needed to stop it was wide open Hill and Kelce getting 500 yards after the catch.

I agree they shouldn't. It was a coaching blunder. I have said that. They mismanaged the end of regulation. No debate whatsoever. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No Davis bobbled the ball and did not have complete possession.

Also Romo descried two Bills offensive possessions as just too conservative and they were both times 2nd & 4 or less and called runs.  They were @ 7-7 and the Bills first possession of the second half.  I was apoplectic and telling my friends how stupid they were.  

Those are small things to quibble about.  The last 13 seconds was unbelievable incompetence by the coaching.

I agree about the 13 seconds, but he was WAY too conservative this was a possession game and squandering those possessions mattered. We would not have been put in those positions if we had let Josh be Josh.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Your comprehension level is of a toddler.  

And you're a mensa member?

I comprehend just fine.  The issue is you seem to have a problem with my threads & posts.  I have worried about weather (nice that wasn't an issue yesterday), but generally the threads I have started have been pretty much spot on.

I am just a fan, don't dive too much into the X&O's, but do review stats.

BTW I too had a post about Diggs, and sadly he was MIA yesterday (outside the 2-point convert).    

Please put me on ignore.  

I'll post I'm sure more about how upset I am about yesterday, but then you won't hear/see from me until September (or later).

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I think you should factor in this "culture" crap too. I don't think this head coach has the cutthroatedness to tell his defensive backs, "mug the WRs and Kelce at the line," which is absolutely what coaches like Belichick, Harbaugh, McVey, and many others would do. We're stuck with Mr. Clean, and more often than not Mr. Clueless.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you're a mensa member?

I comprehend just fine.  The issue is you seem to have a problem with my threads & posts.  I have worried about weather (nice that wasn't an issue yesterday), but generally the threads I have started have been pretty much spot on.

I am just a fan, don't dive too much into the X&O's, but do review stats.

BTW I too had a post about Diggs, and sadly he was MIA yesterday (outside the 2-point convert).    

Please put me on ignore.  

I'll post I'm sure more about how upset I am about yesterday, but then you won't hear/see from me until September (or later).

No you don’t comprehend just fine.  This is why you get the most eye rolls and people arguing with you.  There isn’t a person on this board that has as many people who argue against them.

You are such a fragile person.

”I want everyone to know how upset I am over and over again.”

Grow a pair Nancy.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Nobody should score with 13 seconds left.  I don't care how good the QB is.  That was a coaching blunder.  You don't need the 85 Bears defense to stop someone with only 13 seconds time.  You just don't.  They made it too damn easy.  It wasn't Mahomes they needed to stop it was wide open Hill and Kelce getting 500 yards after the catch.

You literally know which 2 players were seeing the ball. If the coaches aren't intelligent enough to hold one of them, then double both. Not popping up the kickoff around the 5 cost us the game. And that bonehead decision lies squarely on McDermott.  And he knows it. Josh was the hero last night yet his coaches and defense failed him in epic proportions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry but as I posted, yet again it came down to inept coaching with 13 seconds left...... 

I am gutted right now, but that was my thread Friday and the one thing I kept thinking may happen and this would be the result.

Really do you think I wanted to be here & post this???!!!

well...yes, i  do.  you created this thread to let us know that if the bills lost, you'd be here to gripe about it.  it's nothing unique.  it's another lamp thread.    

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

well...yes, i  do.  you created this thread to let us know that if the bills lost, you'd be here to gripe about it.  it's nothing unique.  it's another lamp thread.    

Here's the original thread.....

So let me get this out of the way first.  I am confident about Sunday, but never can be 100% sure.....😜

But I'm already ready to blame coaching should anything go wrong.

When Allen doesn't play well (except probably the 3 ints vs. Atlanta & Jax games) I'm always ready & going to blame Daboll.

Not fair, but seems we've seen it this year almost always after a great game, that play calling (especially redzone) seems off the following week (yep could have been weather too i.e. NE).     

Last weekend McCarthy & coaching took much of the heat in the Dallas/SF game.

I just hope that there is no reins put on Allen this (and the following two games this year😜)

and  then posted this:

I'm a fan and asking a question.  I have the utmost confidence in the Bills offense and most times when things don't go well I blame Daboll. 

If KC has long drawn out drives and converts too many 3rd & 4th downs, I will blame Frazier. 

Just an observation and my opinion.  Let me apologize to you......  

Again I am posting my opinions and yes concerns.  Go ahead and call it a LAMP thread, but geez, not too far off (though yes I was worried too about the Offensive side and pointed out two series I was not happy with, which BTW so did the "Loot at me" poser Romo on the telecast).

This is a Fan Board & I've been one for a long long time.  If you don't like it ignore.

Edited by Billsfan1972

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I imagine he’s probably watching Steel Magnolias right now.

hey...we're all upset about the loss, but there's not need to drag steel magnolias into this.

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So let me get this out of the way first.  I am confident about Sunday, but never can be 100% sure.....😜

When Allen doesn't play well (except probably the 3 ints vs. Atlanta & Jax games) I'm always ready & going to blame Daboll.

Not fair, but seems we've seen it this year almost always after a great game, that play calling (especially redzone) seems off the following week (yep could have been weather too i.e. NE).     

I just hope that there is no reins put on Allen this (and the following two games this year😜)

Again I am posting my opinions and yes concerns.  Go ahead and call it a LAMP thread, but geez, not too far off (though yes I was worried too about the Offensive side and pointed out two series I was not happy with, which BTW so did the "Loot at me" poser Romo on the telecast).

This is a Fan Board & I've been one for a long long time.  If you don't like it ignore.

this post sums you up perfectly.  you create these extremely vague threads where you really don't predict anything specific.  when the opportunity arises, you return to pat yourself on the back about nothing of substance.   you made the comment that if the bills lost, you'd complain about the coaching.  the bills lost, so you're to complain about the coaching.  amazing.  

and for the record, i don't give any member on the defense a pass.  yes the coaching could have changed everything, but not one person on this number 1 defense made a play when absolutely needed.  it was a team loss, and like most losses, there's blame to spread around.  

i look forward to your next thread that unnecessarily draws attention to yourself.  i mean...do you not get enough at home?

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This would pair nicely with my "I Am Prepared to Blame The Defense if They Can't Stop Mahomes, Kelly and Hill" thread.

Does anyone really believe that it was impossible to do a better job with 13 seconds left? NO! It was a colossal failure, and I will go to my grave believing there are alot coaches around the league who would have gotten the job done. At the end it means nothing other than Bills fans and players are left feeling like ***** again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.