The Legend of Josh Allen

Victory Formation

When the draft was coming up and Buffalo was primed to grab a top QB w/ all their picks, I did my due diligence on all the top prospects. Allen stood out to me immediately above all others, but I stupidly fed into the opinions of all the "experts" and decided Baker Mayfield would be the best of the bunch. Should've went w/ my gut. It taught me a lesson. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Irv said:

I have thrice dislocated my shoulder patting myself on the back over being right about the Josh Allen pick.  I also predicted the Miracle on Ice and was at the '93 Bills Oilers comeback game not once, but twice.  Predicted the comeback too.  At this point I'm predicting Josh could kick Chuck Norris' ass.  

The best part?  There was a TV interview of myself and another guy seconds after the pick, me loving it and the other guy HATING on it!!!  I got home to a "Quick!, Yer on TV" as I walked in the door.  Pretty funny - had friends and co-workers breaking my balls forever until.....Super Josh emerged!

I actually did attend the comeback game.....lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

The best part?  There was a TV interview of myself and another guy seconds after the pick, me loving it and the other guy HATING on it!!!  I got home to a "Quick!, Yer on TV" as I walked in the door.  Pretty funny - had friends and co-workers breaking my balls forever until.....Super Josh emerged!

I actually did attend the comeback game.....lol.

Yeah.  But did you attend twice?

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2022 at 12:27 AM, Victory Formation said:

So anyways, an interesting video came up in my YouTube feed that I thought I would share with you guys. It was basically a short documentary on Josh Allen that I found to be highly interesting.

Anyways, they went on to say that Josh Allen grew up as a farm boy in a small town in Firebaugh, CA and even as a high school student he was looked over as an athlete. He didn’t get to start until his junior year in high school in which he dominated for the next few years leading his team to a 7-3 record his first year. 

After he graduated he didn’t get a single D1 offer so he had to go to a junior college. This is where it gets interesting. So from his freshman to sophomore year in junior college he grew an additional 2-3 inches, before that, believe it or not he was undersized. So in a matter of a year Allen went from being one of the smallest guys on the field to becoming one of the biggest guys on the field and one of the best athletes on the field.

After his growth spurt, Allen went on to dominate for a year at Reedley College and was obviously the most gifted athlete on the field at this point, but he still didn’t have one offer from a D1 school. So Allen took the time to email every single OC and QB coach from every team until he finally landed at Wyoming as their 3rd string QB. Allen wrestled down the starting job his sophomore year only to break his collarbone and had a few up and down seasons following that.

Allen declared for the draft after his Junior year at Wyoming and the Bills traded up to #7 to get him. A lot of folks saw him as a 3rd round pick and many talking heads thought we were crazy for not taking Josh Rosen or Lamar Jackson instead of him! 😆

Anyways, I was always a big Josh Allen fan, he was my #2 overall prospect. I did have Baker Mayfield ahead of him though. In my mind I saw a pure athlete, a great arm and athleticism that you just cannot teach. I thought that Allen had a big heart and he just didn’t give up, there is no Plan B for this guy, he just keeps grinding to make things happen, failure is not an option. Every single person has told him NO throughout his career. NO to him in high school, NO to him in college, NO to him in the pros, but here we are 4 years later and Josh Allen is 39-21 as a starter, 2x AFCE division champ, 1x Pro Bowl selection and in my mind he is the best player in the NFL. Give him another 3-4 years and he’ll be the greatest player in our franchise’s history, he’s catching up quickly to Kelly and Bruce.

Here’s to our first Lombardis.

No one that does the draft for a living had Allen as a 3rd rd pick.  He was in the conversation for Cle at 1.  Some of his growth is impressive.  Too say noone saw it is too far aswell.  He was drafted top 10 to be what he is now.  Why did the other guy fail and he succeeded?  Baker and Darnold try to do what Allen does outside the pocket.  They dont have the ability to do it.  Allen did it in college.  Even against Iowa his team was grossly outmatched.  Allen willed a few score by being the best athlete on the field and throwing some absolute lazers.   He worked to be the his A+ as consistently as possible and he has achieved it.   

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

He’s no ‘Ja-Shalln’.

Here’s something rarely discussed about Allen. He’s brilliant hiding the football.

Click the link for Tommy Boyd TD

The last few years he's reminded me of Rodgers with his pocket presence and deception. Truly great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

He’s no ‘Ja-Shalln’.

Here’s something rarely discussed about Allen. He’s brilliant hiding the football.

Click the link for Tommy Boyd TD

Wasn't Carl Mauck our oline coach that was always shown on the sidelines screaming? He want all that good either as remember.

21 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The last few years he's reminded me of Rodgers with his pocket presence and deception. Truly great.

And it's another area where he has learned.  I remember in his early days he would do this thing where he would hold the ball way out to show the defense like "LOOK.  HERE"S THE BALL. I'M HANDING IT OFF!! And then pull it back in.  But it would screw up the timing, and because he held it out, the defense could also see him pulling it back. It fooled nobody.  He's so much better now and that is a great play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.