Chiefs sign Damon Arnette [Edit: and now cut]

JGMcD2

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

are you a drug dealer? :D 

The preferred term is "medical caregiver" 

What a strange signing... this is the team that didn't hesitate to cut Kareem Hunt loose a few years ago. What'd they do, see his success in cleveland and say "never again! Talent over all!"

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, FLFan said:

There are literally no standards in this society anymore.  There is no reprehensible behavior that some will not excuse.

The problem is two fold-

1)Do people deserve second chances?

A)If so,then how many 'second chances'?

2) Should there be consequences for actions?

A) If so, then for how long and to what magnitude?

4 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

The problem is two fold-

1)Do people deserve second chances?

A)If so,then how many 'second chances'?

2) Should there be consequences for actions?

A) If so, then for how long and to what magnitude?

1- depends on the crime.

a-  depends on the crimes 

2-yes

a-depends on the crime/persons history.  

16 hours ago, DasNootz said:

After watching the video - it sounds like someone said they were coming to him, to which he responded "you talk about being 5 minutes away, pull up - I'll real deal kill you" while showing multiple guns.

On the surface this doesn't seem like he's threating to kill someone - he's warning them that if they come to him, he'll stand his ground.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2543419/Video-Damon-Arnette-threatens-kill-brandishing-gun.html

You would think after having a "College education" 🙄 that he would have more sense than to make a video in a thug fashion like that .

But give it some time & all will be forgiven in the NFL world because he has a NFL talent & he will make millions !! 

16 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Figures he goes to the Chiefs where character does not matter. Meanwhile, the team says they are helping him and he is worthy of another chance. 

Arnette's probably already using the Tyreek Hill Family Foundation cringingly on the nose non-profit template to complete his transformation into a KC good guy.  DADGUM - Damon Against Dancing w/Guns Under (the influence of) Meth.

17 hours ago, FLFan said:

There are literally no standards in this society anymore.  There is no reprehensible behavior that some will not excuse.

Yep. And it's easy these days to do it. All you have to do is say they have a mental health issue and everything is alright. There doesn't even have to be evidence of it. Something goes wrong? Mental health. All forgiven.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yep. And it's easy these days to do it. All you have to do is say they have a mental health issue and everything is alright. There doesn't even have to be evidence of it. Something goes wrong? Mental health. All forgiven.

AB did come out to basically say that his mental health is fine, he's just a jerk. I'm not sure if he included the last part exactly. 

Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life was just suffering from anxiety, so he really wasn't so bad!

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Looks like the Chiefs may well have a nice contract with Columbia Pictures, which did the remake of The Longest Yard. They appear to be putting a team together for the sequel. Good residuals for a long time if it's a hit!

REAL convicts, very believable.

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Looks like the Chiefs may well have a nice contract with Columbia Pictures, which did the remake of The Longest Yard. They appear to be putting a team together for the sequel. Good residuals for a long time if it's a hit!

Oj Simpson GIF
A good RB is where I would start. 

On 1/21/2022 at 4:09 AM, Conlan58 said:

What a strange signing... this is the team that didn't hesitate to cut Kareem Hunt loose a few years ago. What'd they do, see his success in cleveland and say "never again! Talent over all!"

The Chiefs have a long history of overlooking all sorts of problems if the talent level is high enough.

It's worth noting that the Chiefs drafted Tyreek Hill while he was on probation for "felony domestic assault and battery by strangulation" of his 8 weeks pregnant GF, and dismissed from the OSU football program.  Didn't stop the Chiefs from drafting him in the 5th round, or from keeping him on the roster when he was accused of breaking his son's arm in 2019 (but not charged) and the following exchange was leaked:

A portion of the Tyreek Hill audio with Crystal Espinal:

Espinal: "What do you do when the child is bad? You make him open up his arms and you punch him in the chest."

Hill: “You do use a belt. That’s sad,” Hill said. “Even my mama says you use a belt.”

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 26, 2019

Espinal: "He's terrified of you."

Hill: "You need to be terrified of me too, b****."

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 25, 2019

Note the language.  Not "he has no reason to be terrified of you, you need to be terrified of me"; Nope.  "you need to be terrified of me too, B word."  The Chiefs suspended him that spring, then decided he had been purged of his troubles and brought him back.

I don't know what the deal was with Hunt.  From what I remember of what Reid said at the time, it was more "he lied to us about what happened" vs. "we can't tolerate what happened".  Maybe they figured they could do without Hunt now that they had Mahomes, more than they could do without Hill, and they could look like they GAS about him.

RBs are easier to replace.

Gay played for the Chiefs last Sunday, while out on bail from DV charges.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.