Chiefs sign Damon Arnette [Edit: and now cut]

JGMcD2

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

And this is why I HATE the Chiefs.

Also, why is it that some millionaire football players would rather live life as a gangsta than just enjoy the fruits of their labor on the gridiron?  It's bizarre.

I'd have to say that they learn in college football that they are above the law with how the programs give them everything and cover everything up for them. 

Some people adjust, others don't. 

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You know there was a time when I actually felt sorry for Andy Reid and rooted for him to finally win a SB. Then this fat clown's  drunk son nearly kills a little girl and he has absolutely no moral integrity with his signings.

F Andy Reid

Such a scummy organization.

I know that the Chiefs have had on-field success for the past few years, but off the field, the organization is hot trash.  

On 1/20/2022 at 3:53 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Perfect move for the Chiefs

If this guy doesn't murder anybody within the next 9 months I'm sure he'll be a team captain

Well....he seems to be working more on the former than the latter

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/29/chiefs-reportedly-release-damon-arnette-following-fridays-arrest

Per Clark County records, the cornerback faces several charges: two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, carrying or concealing a gun without a permit, possession of marijuana or cannabis and possession of a class one or two level controlled substance.

8 hours ago, Special K said:

You know it’s bad when you are too shady of a character for the Chiefs.

Next stop: Cleveland

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

And this is why I HATE the Chiefs.

Also, why is it that some millionaire football players would rather live life as a gangsta than just enjoy the fruits of their labor on the gridiron?  It's bizarre.

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I'd have to say that they learn in college football that they are above the law with how the programs give them everything and cover everything up for them. 

Some people adjust, others don't. 

The "above the law" thing is part of it

The "gangsta" thing though...for a lot of these guys, it's the life they know.  It's who they're surrounded by when they go visit their families, to the extent and if they have families.  If they bring a friend or two with them to their new life as an NFL player to help them deal with stuff like car repairs and so forth, it's who their friends are.

Consider Aaron Hernandez.  Even for the guys who don't go that far, it's how Shady McCoy wound up being investigated for an after-hours nightclub brawl.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Chiefs sign Damon Arnette [Edit: and now cut]
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.