Here’s a few silent assassins who aren’t being talked about much…

TheyCallMeAndy

Silent Assassin #1: Taron Johnson

Allowed 55% completions for 396 and 2 TDs. Had 1 pick and 3 sacks. Beast slot WR.

Silent Assassin #2: Levi Wallace

Allowed 58% completions for 410 yards and 2 TDs. Held his own as our #1 CB, added a career high 10 PBUs and 2 more picks. Bills need to sign this man to a long term extension, no more replacement talk. 

Silent Assassin #3: Dane Jackson

Allowed 50% completions for 254 and ZERO TDs. This kid has some monster potential.

Our CBs did an amazing job this season, I think they surpassed everyone expectations when White went down. All 3 picked their games up significantly.

• Like (+1) 23
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

When Tre White went down a lot of us were worried that the entire D might collapse.  Far from it.  Instead they've been playing at a higher level, with team defense suffocating opponents.  Of course they'd be even better with White back but Frazier really has them working together brilliantly, so NO ONE has been able to light them up.  Of course the Chiefs have the previous game this year to figure out what Frazier did to them last time, but that was months ago and Frazier hasn't been sitting in his office wasting time.  He's been figuring out more moves to counter their countermoves.  

The Chiefs have two D linemen back, but only CEH on offense who wasn't there last time.  

The Bills were built to beat the Chiefs.  Keep that in mind.  NO ONE has had an effective passing game against them.  Best case scenario, the Bills and Bengals both win this weekend, and the Bills win the AFCC at home the following weekend, shutting down the Bengals passing game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Best case scenario, the Bills and Bengals both win this weekend, and the Bills win the AFCC at home the following weekend, shutting down the Bengals passing game.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves quite yet, but I like where your head it at.... 👍

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allowed 55% completions for 396 and 2 TDs. Had 1 pick and 3 sacks. Beast slot WR.

Allowed 58% completions for 410 yards and 2 TDs. Held his own as our #1 CB, added a career high 10 PBUs and 2 more picks. Bills need to sign this man to a long term extension, no more replacement talk. 

Allowed 50% completions for 254 and ZERO TDs. This kid has some monster potential.

Our CBs did an amazing job this season, I think they surpassed everyone expectations when White went down. All 3 picked their games up significantly.

There's no question this group has been rock solid, especially post Tre White.

But there should still be concerns in the back of everyone's mind because of the type of QB's we have faced most of the season and the only legit elite QB we faced since White's injury torched this secondary, albeit the GOAT and defending SB champs.

I think another issue this team will be facing in the offseason is Wallace is likely going to get offered a huge deal in the offseason especially if he continues to play well and this team does win a SB. Someone will offer him a deal we simply won't be able to match sadly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Jackson quits on some plays....he is still bench material imho.   the Bills have been lucky so far wrt his performance imho.

The DBs will have their hands full but my silent assassins will be the front five on offense.  The O line is healthy and ready to lay some smack down in the running game.  KC's D line and LBs are on the light side and fast so expect Allen and Singletary will test them early.  

Edited by Nitro

Now they just have to do it 3 more times. 

• Like (+1) 1

The entire secondary has played very well and flies a little under the radar. The DB coach, John Butler, deserves a lot of credit. There has been a lot of speculation about him being promoted to DC if Frazier gets a HC job. If Frazier stays I wonder if Butler gets poached for a DC job. So I give Butler a lot of kudos too. 

Presuming that Tre White is ready to go and they re-sign Wallace, Dane Jackson is an excellent 4th CB (White, Wallace, Taron Johnson) with some upside given this is only his 2nd season. That said, I would not be surprised if they draft a CB in rounds 2-4. Given that Wallace was an UDFA, Johnson was a 4th rounder and Jackson 7th round, they have a good track record of finding good players at that position in the middle rounds. And of course Siran Neal's terrific on ST (5th round). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

But there should still be concerns in the back of everyone's mind because of the type of QB's we have faced most of the season and the only legit elite QB we faced since White's injury torched this secondary, albeit the GOAT and defending SB champs.

I think another issue this team will be facing in the offseason is Wallace is likely going to get offered a huge deal in the offseason especially if he continues to play well and this team does win a SB. Someone will offer him a deal we simply won't be able to match sadly.

How much is a huge deal that we simply won’t be able to afford? 

Jerrick Mckinnon is an unsung, silent assassin type guy that I’m worried about on the chiefs.  

I’m more worried about him than anyone else tbh. I think we’ll take away Tyreek deep and Kelce will get his. It’s the short swing passes and screens to mckinnon that I’m really worried about. He’s not a great rb by any means but dudr has jets and can break the long one

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They also haven't played QBs worth a damned except Tom Brady who shredded us pretty badly!

Don't get me wrong, I love our defensive backfield and Dane Jackson has been a pleasant surprise..

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

That's why I have no doubt we're drafting a CB in the 1st round. We obviously still need Guard/Tackle depth, but with the recent OL resurgence,  we can get someone across from Tre if Levi leaves. 

CB, OL, OL, DT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.