Titans changing policy to limit opposing fans

JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's fine.  Bills fans will still come and mass buy tickets when that 24 hour window hits.

Also, Royale, Nashville is a fun town.  

If many of us can't get in?  Oh well, Honky Tonk Row for us!  However, before hand I have to make it to Carter's Vintage Guitars!

BTW, after the game the first round at The Blue Bird is on me, but only for five of you.  I'm not made of money, for crying out loud.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Also, Royale, Nashville is a fun town.  

If many of us can't get in?  Oh well, Honky Tonk Row for us!  However, before hand I have to make it to Carter's Vintage Guitars!

BTW, after the game the first round at The Blue Bird is on me, but only for five of you.  I'm not made of money, for crying out loud.

I'm 3 hours away.  I'm gonna go and I'll get tickets.  I'm not going to allow a policy to keep me out of seeing the Bills heading to the Super Bowl.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Not an attorney but it sounds to me like something approximating "restraint of trade".

From Cornell law school online:

A restraint of trade is any activity that tends to limit a party's ability to enter into transactions. The term is most commonly used in the context of government antitrust regulation.

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Bills Mafia did take over their stadium. I am sure they have Buffalo on their mind when they made this policy.

Three out of the last four years. The only exception was the no-fan-Covid year. It was AWESOME! 

It’s an easy drive for me, and a nice place to visit. If not for my plans to have a party AFC/NFC Championship weekend, this rule would make me MORE likely to go and get last minute tickets. Just to piss them off! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Bills Mafia did take over their stadium. I am sure they have Buffalo on their mind when they made this policy.

There are quite a few Bills fans in Tennessee who were buffalo natives like my brother.

the predators have attached residency requirements on billing addresses to limit divisional rival fan access to games.

I don't get how this limits opposing fans

Couldn't you still sell/buy them on a re sale site. Just that you instead of instantly getting an email with the tickets you won't get the ticket until 24 hours before kickoff

What am I missing?

All it does is provide a slight head ache or some anxiety waiting for the ticket

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

They are one and done anyway.

Burrow is legit and has arguably the best compliment of WRs in football.

Tannehill is Tannehill, and I'm sorry but no way I'm buying Henry being out that long and coming back at full go in his first game back.

These Titans teams tend to punch above their weight all season and get knocked on their arse come post season. Expect nothing different this year.

5 hours ago, brianthomas said:

without having researched any of this, i imagine with a geolocating service. Such as out of State ticket orders or something like that. They could just setup a condition or filter to disallow transactions outside Tennessee... something like that i imagine

That's crazy. I thought about this but imagine just the folks in this forum who are from some VERY far and across a lot of H20. Small minded thinking. Just accept it. No one likes you lol

I still don't understand what the hell this means.  Tickets are listed all over the internet for the game as we speak.  So, am I to think I can't buy them right now and go to the game?

Or second, there are thousands of tickets for almost every sporting event for sale online nowadays.  What does a transfer restriction actually do or prevent?  I mean, if for some magical reason a Bills fan living in Virginia, can't buy a ticket today (how the hell would they even know that?), I can still go and know that when I get there, that there will still be thousands of tickets available 24 hours before the game and buy them on my phone at a hotel in Nashville.

I'm missing something I'm sure, because if not, this is pretty stupid.

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Just another reason to hate them. I don't think the Bengals win it. Too young, I think they get punched in the mouth.

But I'm rooting for them. Much better if they lose in Orchard Park.

Titans are going to get destroyed. That Chase/Burrow connection is too lethal. I want the Titans to win as I like the matchup better w/ the Bills despite previous losses, but no way Titans walk out of their stadium w a Win

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Titans are going to get destroyed. That Chase/Burrow connection is too lethal. I want the Titans to win as I like the matchup better w/ the Bills despite previous losses, but no way Titans walk out of their stadium w a Win

I'd be surprised, but that's horse racing . . . well, it's not, it's football, but I surmise you get the analogy. If Bills are not in the playoffs, I'm straight out rooting for the Bengals. I like that team, but they've seemed inconsistent to me. Also, I think the thug toughness of the Titans is underestimated. Like the niners, they play an ugly style that wins.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

They are getting ready for us.  

This is basically the anti-Buffalo Bills fan rule. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Doesn’t matter!!!!

Bengals are coming to Buffalo to lose the AFC Championship game💪

It could certainly happen and if it does (just the game itself) the atmosphere will be crazy.

Definitely a memory making type game that we talk about 20 and 30 years from now like we now talk about 51-3, etc.

I want to win in KC SO BADLY.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.