Christine Baranski on Colbert

Guffalo

9 hours ago, Process said:

Had no idea she was from Buffalo

Cheektowaga girl.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Cheektowaga; went to Villa Maria Academy for high school.  Wendy Malick was Williamsville South.

Growing up on the east side we used to refer to VMA as the "academy of the crosseyed virgins." Terrible, I know. But we were young and stupid.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Success said:

She checks every box for me. Though, to be transparent, the only box I have is "loves the Bills."

Ha.. I "hate-like" the tweet every time I see Wolf Blitzer rep the Bills.   

Its the Alonzo Mourning meme every time.  "Ugh, Wolf Blitzer... but he's reppin the Bills..."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Saw it. Nice segment and so cool to hear her talk about the Bills. They talked about her classy demeanor and she said, "You should hear me when I'm alone watching a Bills game." 😂❤️ I have always liked her work. She's pushing 70 and still looks great.

I knew she was from Buffalo but didn't know she was a Bills fan as that was the first time I had ever heard her mention it. Bill Fichtner, Nick Bakay, & Jeff Glor are well-documented Bills fans but it was a pleasant surprise to hear that she was, too.

Anybody have any idea if Wendie Malick is a Bills fan? If so, I have never heard her talk about them.

I would think Malick is a big Bills fan since she actually worked for Jack Kemp when he was in Congress in the 70’s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Cheektowaga girl.

Growing up on the east side we used to refer to VMA as the "academy of the crosseyed virgins." Terrible, I know. But we were young and stupid.

A friend's daughter attended Holy Angels over on Hertel, she wondered why I called it 'Holy Terrors'.  A rather memorable motorcade past my all boys high school by some Holy Angels girls was the genesis of that remark.  Those girls showed a lot of skin! 😳

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

why dont people like Colbert? 

I only know him from the colbert report, which I thought was funny. Im not up late enough to watch his TV show...but what is the hate for? 

For the most part it comes from people who are not capable of keeping their adopted politics from dictating every other facet of their lives. 

It's why we have a zero politics rule here, to prevent the weak from splattering their pablum all over the board. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

For the most part it comes from people who are not capable of keeping their adopted politics from dictating every other facet of their lives. 

It's why we have a zero politics rule here, to prevent the weak from splattering their pablum all over the board. 

well, unless it’s the boss SDS himself. 😝 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Perhaps his use of homonyms is confusing?  Maybe you need close captioning?

No I'm not a english major which some here are and have pointed out at times & i don't read much use when i'm on here .

So i have to depend on listening to the content & all's i hear when i listen to him is opinions not comedy. I could never get past the first 2 minutes of the show of him bashing someone or something which isn't comedy IMHO . I'm the same way with other so called comedians like Will Farrell not a fan of all of his comedy only small pieces i've seen .

Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Carlin, Bill Burr all hilarious but those 2 not so much i guess it's just me . I prefer comedy that the only agenda is to make you laugh & forget the problems of the day .

That's also why i watch football to get away from the daily stuff that clogs the mental pours of your mind kind of a relaxing release .

I did enjoy that clip of him talking to that actress Christine Baranski I've seen her in a bunch of things & never knew she was from Buffalo & a huge Bills fan that was the best clip i've ever seen of that show ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

why dont people like Colbert? 

I only know him from the colbert report, which I thought was funny. Im not up late enough to watch his TV show...but what is the hate for? 

I think it is as simple as him not being funny. I think he used to be more funny on the Colbert Report, but since he switched to late night he has not been funny.

Maybe some don't like his politically charged nature, but for me it just comes down to humor. Guess I don't mesh with his. I find comedians on both sides of the political spectrum to be funny, but not him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.