This article did not age well

Dan Darragh

1 hour ago, Success said:

I watched the Saturday game again.  I literally don't recognize that O-line.

Allen spent the 1st half of the season+ running for his life in back there.  Now, he could fix a snack while he's surveying the field. It's awesome.

Who would have thought that Brown and Bates would have been the saviors of this offense. Without those 2, we probably aren't still in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I never bought it, I knew they would turn it around!  

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

“I was right on everything when everybody else was wrong”, is a very popular refrain on this board.

It was also a top 50 chart song for The Eagles of Death Metal in 2017.

When you call your shots (I rarely do) you can crow if you're right.  For me, I never lost hope and said even then the Bills will be going to the Superbowl.  I like my prediction.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What is so annoying about this article is the sense that the wind conditions that night were not a big deal.  Like Colin Cowherd said "it took an epic nor'easter to ground Allen and the Bills that night".

There was NOTHING useful to learn from that game because the weather conditions were EXTREME.  Belecheck gambles on not throwing the ball and it barely worked as the Bills twice were in the red zone late to take the game.

It just shows that an "in the moment" analysis by these so called experts usually sucks.

To be fair, Daboll was a big reason we lost that game.  Everyone wants to sing him praises today...but back then, his stubbornness and refusal to attempt to rush the ball even in a terrible weather game sunk us that game.  To not even attempt to use Josh Allens legs, let alone Devin's, was inexcusable.  Daboll IMHO had a terrible game plan that day and stuck to it even when it was clear our guys were struggling catching the ball in those conditions.  So many dropped passes, even from Diggs.

Yes Allen has a cannon, but he is a massive dual threat and to ignore that part of his game and also ignore our RBs in monstrous winds and terrible conditions was foolish.  

And it wasn't the only game like that this year.  It took until the 2nd half of the Bucs game for him to realize running helps this team offensively tremendously.  Lets hope he remembers that this weekend like he has every week since that Bucs game. 

59 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Boettger wasn't playing badly before he got hurt, but his injury forced the coaches to choose between Ford or Feliciano or Bates.  They chose wisely.

The other part of the improvement was getting Williams out of the RT position, where he was not playing anywhere near as well as he did last year.  Putting Brown in as RT and moving Williams to RG made both positions better.

The Bills have depth on the O line but not good depth.  One injury to any of the starters and things can go south quickly.

I disagree.  He was a terrible run blocker and one of the reasons our run game sucked.  He was much better in pass protection 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.