This article did not age well

Dan Darragh

43 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

What is so annoying about this article is the sense that the wind conditions that night were not a big deal.  Like Colin Cowherd said "it took an epic nor'easter to ground Allen and the Bills that night".

There was NOTHING useful to learn from that game because the weather conditions were EXTREME.  Belecheck gambles on not throwing the ball and it barely worked as the Bills twice were in the red zone late to take the game.

It just shows that an "in the moment" analysis by these so called experts usually sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Success said:

I watched the Saturday game again.  I literally don't recognize that O-line.

Allen spent the 1st half of the season+ running for his life in back there.  Now, he could fix a snack while he's surveying the field. It's awesome.

It’s crazy.  Massive turnaround getting the likes of Feliciano, Ford and Ike off the field

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

A sizable contingent at this forum wanted to strip the roster down and rebuild a "tough team" about a month ago too.

I’m still waiting to hear what a ‘finesse team’ is lol that’s what fans were calling our team in a negative way 😂. In fact I think the big thing were missing is a tyreek hill-y burner/finesse guy lol diggs knox and Davis are all definitely on the playing physical end of the spectrum and our qb runs like he’s a wrecking ball 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s crazy.  Massive turnaround getting the likes of Feliciano, Ford and Ike off the field

Barmore had a great game and it literally didn’t even matter because the rest of that pats dline was flat out embarrassed.  That gives me hope against seeing kc with chris jones 

18 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What is so annoying about this article is the sense that the wind conditions that night were not a big deal.  Like Colin Cowherd said "it took an epic nor'easter to ground Allen and the Bills that night".

There was NOTHING useful to learn from that game because the weather conditions were EXTREME.  Belecheck gambles on not throwing the ball and it barely worked as the Bills twice were in the red zone late to take the game.

It just shows that an "in the moment" analysis by these so called experts usually sucks.

That Breida fumble was the story of the game for me.  We get fantastic field position to start a drive when we have the wind and he straight up drops a routine handoff.  You absolute cannot waste good field position like that in a game like that.  Nobody talks about the wind in the jets game either…fans of other teams are writing us off because we didn’t look good against the jets but we absolutely ravaged them when driving with the wind 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Boettger wasn't playing badly before he got hurt, but his injury forced the coaches to choose between Ford or Feliciano or Bates.  They chose wisely.

The other part of the improvement was getting Williams out of the RT position, where he was not playing anywhere near as well as he did last year.  Putting Brown in as RT and moving Williams to RG made both positions better.

The Bills have depth on the O line but not good depth.  One injury to any of the starters and things can go south quickly.

46 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Nobody talks about the wind in the jets game either…fans of other teams are writing us off because we didn’t look good against the jets but we absolutely ravaged them when driving with the wind 

Most of these people can't comprehend the impact of that kind of wind on a passing game.  It simply reflects that on the rare occasions that the wind is whipping 30 - 50 mph where they live they are indoors.

I remember back in my college days going to a Bills game on a wind day and we couldn't get a cooking fire lit because of the extreme wind - no matter how much lighter fluid we threw on it.  And throwing the football around in the parking lot like we did before every game? Forget about it.  It wasn't worth the effort as the ball just got knocked down or blown side ways.

To be honest, I'm amazed at how well Allen did throw the ball in those two wind games at the Ralph. He may be the only guy that could have done it.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Two things have changed:

First, they re-discovered the check down, short passing game they displayed during pre-season.

Second, the offensive line have finally settled into their best-fit starting roster spots.

Add to that Daboll finally calling run plays getting RB's more touches 

Seems like the 2nd half of the Bucs game was truly a turning point for this season.

Because deep down I think if they had gotten blown out in that game (which obviously looked like it was on track to happen based on the first half) not sure this team is in the same position they are right now.

Credit to McDermott and his staff for truly righting the ship when many doubters (including myself) thought otherwise.

58 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Barmore had a great game and it literally didn’t even matter because the rest of that pats dline was flat out embarrassed.  That gives me hope against seeing kc with chris jones

Did he?  I didn't really notice him. 

Although I guess he must have, if Morse went out of his way to give him a pep talk afterwards.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.