Eli Ankou to Covid list

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I’ve got the Omicron right now and it sucks so bad, I can’t imagine doing anything remotely physical for a while. Hope he gets well soon and the rest of the team can steer clear.

The Pats fan your son ran off probably circled back to go back out to parking lot and put his saliva all over your door handles.  Lol, get well bro

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I’ve got the Omicron right now and it sucks so bad, I can’t imagine doing anything remotely physical for a while. Hope he gets well soon and the rest of the team can steer clear.

Serious question, can tests tell the strain? 
Feel better soon!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Somewhat off topic, but if a high profile player like Mahomes or Brady was put on the Covid list in the next few days and couldn't play this weekend would the NFL really stand their ground and move forward with playing the game as scheduled?

Either way it's a amazing the league is reaching the close of their season with very few games having to be reshuffled given the current virus surge in recent weeks.

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Somewhat off topic, but if a high profile player like Mahomes or Brady was put on the Covid list in the next few days and couldn't play this weekend would the NFL really stand their ground and move forward with playing the game as scheduled?

Either way it's a amazing the league is reaching the close of their season with very few games having to be reshuffled given the current virus surge in recent weeks.

They would postpone until after 5 day waiting period, but only for those 2 players and nobody else. Rodgers used to be one of those, but he pissed the higher ups off so they dropped him.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

They would postpone until after 5 day waiting period, but only for those 2 players and nobody else. Rodgers used to be one of those, but he pissed the higher ups off so they dropped him.

It really makes you wonder but I'm sure Roger Goodell is on pins and needles praying to get out of the playoffs unscathed and not having to deal with this exact type of situation.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I was thinking about this same issue this morning...Omicron spread around our County like wildfire.  The playoffs start, and we haven't heard a thing about players testing positive.

Because they are not testing as often. The rules changed recently

42 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Sorry to hear that, man.  We (me, my kids and my parents) just got it this past weekend.  Was just a minor cold (post-nasal drip, sore throat and light cough) for maybe 48 hours.  Back out riding my bike today and I felt good, but noticed that my heart rate was elevated compared to my effort level.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Serious question, can tests tell the strain? 
Feel better soon!

At this point I think it is pretty much a certainty that all infections are Omicron. It has established itself as the dominant strain because it’s able to spread and stay alive the best. Thankfully it’s also the weakest strain, but the virus doesn’t care whether it kills you, it just wants to live and move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

I hope you are wearing a mask before posting here, we could all be sick for the game :w00t:

1 hour ago, eball said:

At this point I think it is pretty much a certainty that all infections are Omicron. It has established itself as the dominant strain because it’s able to spread and stay alive the best. Thankfully it’s also the weakest strain, but the virus doesn’t care whether it kills you, it just wants to live and move on. 

Actually, I’m not an expert, but I’ve read studies on this, viruses tend to trend in a way that is less lethal with every variant because it would rather not kill you, instead it would rather keep you alive to host. That’s not always the case but is the large majority of the time. 

36 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I hope you are wearing a mask before posting here, we could all be sick for the game :w00t:

Only if you FaceTime. I think we’re safe. 

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

They would play the games with the backup qbs. Unless a team had so many positives they don't have the players to field a team.  I'd imagine it would take a serious outbreak for that many positives to show up and at that point a football game would be of less concern than having a catastrophic outbreak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.