#ThePerfectGame not getting it's proper recognition in the press

PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So by your logic Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostetler are all above Josh Allen?

Of course not. But he won't get the same respect from the media that Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes get until he wins one. Think of the Bills Super Bowl teams. Great teams but they are overlooked by the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers and Pats as far as the greatest teams go. They needed to win one and couldn't. Fair or not that is how the media looks at things when judging sports.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Of course not. But he won't get the same respect from the media that Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes get until he wins one. Think of the Bills Super Bowls teams. Great teams but they are overlooked by the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Packers and Pats as far as the greatest teams go. They needed to win one and couldn't. Fair or not that is how the media looks at things when judging sports.

What about Dan Marino and Jim Kelly?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

What about Dan Marino and Jim Kelly?

Marino maybe because he was one of the greatest passers but it comes up that he couldn't win the big one. Kelly was a great QB but he wasn't on the same level as Marino and Elway IMHO.

I think as Bills fans, we may tend to overhype the greatness of Saturday's performance. I hardly think it was the greatest offensive performance in NFL history. Heck, Mahomes had an arguably better game the very next night. And between the 98 Vikings, 99 Rams, other legendary offenses I forgot about, and 20 years of Patriots domination, you can't tell me the Bill's win vs. the Pats was truly the greatest game ever simply because there were no punts, FGs, or TOs. 

• Vomit 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

And yet for many it's not enough...

It's not about getting more attention, it's about getting their JUST attention. That game a was a monumental feat. 

Just now, skibum said:

I think as Bills fans, we may tend to overhype the greatness of Saturday's performance. I hardly think it was the greatest offensive performance in NFL history. Heck, Mahomes had an arguably better game the very next night. And between the 98 Vikings, 99 Rams, other legendary offenses I forgot about, and 20 years of Patriots domination, you can't tell me the Bill's win vs. the Pats was truly the greatest game ever simply because there were no punts, FGs, or TOs. 

Uh, yes. Because it was NEVER DONE BEFORE!

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We just witnessed the greatest offensive performance in NFL history and it's barely mentioned amongst the talking heads. Can you imagine the media o***sm that would be happening if Mahomes, Brady or Rodgers had that game? Seems odd to me.

Really? I think it has been talked about loads. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So, all Allen and Co. have to do is make NFL history two weeks in a row? Replicate what Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers et al have never done once? Then and only then will our offense be legit? Unbelievable. 

The Bills have had THREE no-punt games this season alone. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Mahomes has a ring. Josh doesn't. I know football is a team sport but until Allen leads the Bills to a Lombardi he won't be on the same level as Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes. 

And when he eventually does, then what? What will be the next reason why he's not on their level that everyone will come up with?

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Well mahomes scored 6TD in 10minutes so...

Actually it was 5 TDs in 11 minutes .. which is an awesome feat and would have probably been the only story if it weren't for Josh basically having a perfect game. His quarterback ranking was actually perfect until he threw the touchdown to Doyle which due to the length of the throw moved him down on the average yards per completion portion of the metric.

Josh and Mahomes are peers at this point .. either can have a remarkable game.  Hopefully it will be our guy.

The Bills have had THREE no-punt games this season alone. 

Yep. And as great as that is in and off itself, what they did Saturday night was unprecedented; literally never seen in league history. But for some reason, unless they can do it again, they aren’t quite legit somehow. Some of these pundits were so entrenched in their anti Allen narratives they can’t admit to seeing greatness if it bites them in the ass. That idiot on 98.5 in Boston needs a reality check especially.

It's not about getting more attention, it's about getting their JUST attention. That game a was a monumental feat. 

Uh, yes. Because it was NEVER DONE BEFORE!

One reason it’s not getting enough attention is that at least 50% of all coverage is apparently required to be about the stinkin’ Cowboys, win or lose. Then you have to split the remaining focus on all the other teams, so there’s only so much exposure to go around. Make me commissioner and I will disband the Cowboys, collect my $40 million salary and retire after one year. 

I’ve heard a lot of talk about Allen and that game, but it was such an incredible feat I’m not sure how they can say enough. I’ll just be happy for the experience and hope we are all still smiling next week. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.