OT Fun pick Josh’s backup for 2022

78thealltimegreat

42 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

rather just keep Mitch tbh.   

nothing against him,  i still dont see a team out there interested in him as its starter.   

If he would have started for Indianapolis this year instead of Wentz I feel like the Colts get in. Pittsburgh will be in the market. 

If Denver fails to get Rodgers, Wilson or someone like that (and I don't think either is going anywhere, yet again) they could use him. Browns rumored to be bringing in competition for Baker. Panthers need a QB, Falcons may need one.

Not supposed to be a great QB draft or FA market. Mitch will have offers with opportunities to earn the start IMO.

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

Looking at who’s available next year, I’d consider all of them to be a big downgrade from Trubisky. 

Brissett might be able to come in and win a game if need be. Maybe McCoy? 

Honestly it’s a real crapshoot. Not enough good QB’s to go around let alone backups. 

Jacoby Brissett is my UFA pick by far from the guys that are currently available.

I don't think the Bills go with an old QB (someone over say 32).  Josh is way past that need.

Also, I don't see a guy that is too young and inexperienced.  

His pay is now trending down so he won't cost too much and a 2-year deal would be the ticket.

If he fits in and settles in as a backup for the rest of his career, he could end up staying for a little longer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

rather just keep Mitch tbh.   

nothing against him,  i still dont see a team out there interested in him as its starter.   

Agreed. He hasn't played enough for a team to think hes much better than he was with the Bears. His best bet was to start the week 18 game and play well.

I'm sure the Bills would love to have him back

• Like (+1) 1

Because I don't think Fitz wants to come back to be a backup, he won't be my answer. I get the sense that, at this point in his life, he'll either go somewhere where he has a chance to start, or he'll retire.

With that out of the way...

I'll take Sam Darnold. He and Josh are close friends. He's a mobile guy with a big enough arm to where you wouldn't have to change the offense when he was in the lineup. Put him the Bills culture rehabilitation program and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Draft one late round QB.

With Josh signed for so long I just don't see the need to try to develop a rookie QB.

Some proven backup level QBs fits the need.  Backup QB has a big role in helping the 2nd string depth offense improve.

Bring in camp arms every year and keep one on the PS squad.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There are 2 problems with bringing Fitz back.  1) He has to be cleared medically 2) He has to be willing to take less money than his last few years.  

If we can get by those 2 things, I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want him back.  

You left out 3) the voodoo doll that results in certain injury to the starter.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.