OT Fun pick Josh’s backup for 2022

78thealltimegreat

It’s obvious Mitch is setting sail to a place where he doesn’t have the NFLs version of John Wick as the starting qb so he gets a chance to start…maybe Houston

So you’re Brandon Beane pick Josh’s backup

I gotta go with Fitz need the Amish Rifle to return home 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s obvious Mitch is setting sail to a place where he doesn’t have the NFLs version of John Wick as the starting qb so he gets a chance to start…maybe Houston

So you’re Brandon Beane pick Josh’s backup

I gotta go with Fitz need the Amish Rifle to return home 

There are 2 problems with bringing Fitz back.  1) He has to be cleared medically 2) He has to be willing to take less money than his last few years.  

If we can get by those 2 things, I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want him back.  

I love the idea... but you do realize every time Fitzmagic has come into a backup position.. more often then not, the starter gets injured.   

I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious.  So I'd prefer bringing back Matt Barkley.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There are 2 problems with bringing Fitz back.  1) He has to be cleared medically 2) He has to be willing to take less money than his last few years.  

If we can get by those 2 things, I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want him back.  

I'm not sure he isn't just retiring, if there was a team he'd be willing to be a back up QB on I'd think it'd be this one but he's going turn 40 next year.

Extend Trubisky another year. He could compete for a job with a loser like Houston where he'd likely lose out to Mills/rookieQB or be a backup, and one play away from the starter, on one of the best teams in the NFL.

Edited by 716er

Looking at who’s available next year, I’d consider all of them to be a big downgrade from Trubisky. 

Brissett might be able to come in and win a game if need be. Maybe McCoy? 

Honestly it’s a real crapshoot. Not enough good QB’s to go around let alone backups. 

7 minutes ago, 716er said:

Extend Trubisky another year. He could compete for a job with a loser like Houston where he'd likely lose out to Mills/rookieQB or be a backup, and one play away from the starter, on one of the best teams in the NFL.

I believe Mitchell stays if he doesn’t believe he’s in a winning environment 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There is a third, or a 2b. This will be his first position where he absolutely is the back up. Is Fitz done trying to compete for a starting role? 

TEN - Lockers last year. 

HOU - Keenum and Mallet

NYJ - Geno Smith insurance

TB - Jameis Winston insurance

MIA - Starter out of camp

WAS - Starter until injured.

I think Minshew would be a perfect fit in our offense, and while no threat to Josh, would be an immediate fan favorite.

Philly got him for a conditional 6th, they just re-committed to Hurts for next year, so they may be willing to part with Minshew for a 4th or 5th. Ideally we'll be getting an extra 3rd if Frazier becomes a HC, so a 4th/5th becomes easier to part with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Fitz will be popular but he'd be a bit farther down my list due to age and coming off that injury.

I'm sure there will be a few QBs that are released that we don't know yet. I would also suspect they are in the late round QB market. 

The vet QB market is SLIM. A Mariota, Bridgewater or Dalton level vet is where we likely end up.

13 minutes ago, 947 said:

I think Minshew would be a perfect fit in our offense, and while no threat to Josh, would be an immediate fan favorite.

Philly got him for a conditional 6th, they just re-committed to Hurts for next year, so they may be willing to part with Minshew for a 4th or 5th. Ideally we'll be getting an extra 3rd if Frazier becomes a HC, so a 4th/5th becomes easier to part with.

Minshew wants to compete for a staring spot. He even reportedly asked for the promotion after nailing his spot start and was denied. If the Eagles were to part ways with him I would see him trying to get someplace like Indy or Pittsburgh before here.

26 minutes ago, Malazan said:

c3914ce562a643d00435ff1d2ad41468

Looks like next season of Cobra Kai is gonna be LIT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.