Just Win a Super Bowl

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Ok, so what will you do if they don't win a Superbowl this year? There are no excuses, so does that mean you will go root for another team? I don't understand the point of this whole sentiment.

Well, he’ll be a “real fan” and tell us how dumb we were to enjoy ourselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s a team sport and I get that. But at the end of the day, Allen has to do enough to win a super bowl. We have the #1 D, and by all rights, that’s more than enough to win a super bowl. He cannot have a performance like the Jags game this weekend. His consistency is unacceptable and he has to play good enough to win all the time. 

And what QB plays well enough to win every game?  Allen played great against TN and in the 2nd half against Tampa yet the Bills lost both games.  And why bring up the Jags game? How about Mahomes game against TN? It happens to the best QB's.

Allen's consistency is perfectly acceptable and that's why the Bills are playing in the elite 8. To say otherwise is bizarre for someone who has supposedly been watching the team the last 2 seasons.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's an insane view on life and achievement.  I wonder what a Detroit Lions fans would say to that?

I don't necessarily agree with it... but that take is out there.  Personally, i think it's an achievement to be one of the 14 invited to the dance.  You gotta be in it to win it. That's a tier above the downtrodden.  But ultimately, only the winner gets a trophy and everyone else is forgotten over time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Bills fans are enjoying driving a Ferrari while Jet fans were stuck with a Ford pinto that caught on fire hours ago. But if we end up crashing our Ferrari we are no better off than the Jet fans pinto. All sitting in a scrap yard somewhere. 

Ok, so do you think that last year was a complete failure? Do you think that it provided nothing for the team and the players as far as experience and drive for this year?

I think one of the reasons the Bills have a good shot of going to and winning the super bowl BECAUSE of their experience last year losing in the championship game. They are more battle tested now. Even the losses they took in the regular season have been good experience for overcoming games like that in the future.

Allen is a young QB. This is all helping him. If we don't win this year, that doesn't mean they can't go win it next year, or the year after, or every year for the rest of his career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Bills fans are enjoying driving a Ferrari while Jet fans were stuck with a Ford pinto that caught on fire hours ago. But if we end up crashing our Ferrari we are no better off than the Jet fans pinto. All sitting in a scrap yard somewhere. 

I think what we’re learning here is that you REALLY want a Ferrari. You know if the Bills win a super bowl you still won’t have one, yeah? 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't necessarily agree with it... but that take is out there.  Personally, i think it's an achievement to be one of the 14 invited to the dance.  You gotta be in it to win it. That's a tier above the downtrodden.  But ultimately, only the winner gets a trophy and everyone else is forgotten over time. 

But it won't be forgotten.  Think about the millions of Bills fans who still fondly remember the Super Bowl years.  Contrast that with how we remember the team during the long drought.

• Like (+1) 2

This is Allen’s big opportunity to shine and imo he will be up to it. Chiefs are better than they were early on, but the Bills are totally peaking at the right time and have more momentum. They also know that they are capable of beating the Chiefs having done so earlier this year in a blowout. After Josh brings home the championship the talk will be all about whether he is the consensus greatest player in the game.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But it won't be forgotten.  Think about the millions of Bills fans who still fondly remember the Super Bowl years.  Contrast that with how we remember the team during the long drought.

What I think is being ignored is winning a Super Bowl isn't the end, sure it would ***** incredible and would be a party on here for months, but you know where we'll be next October and November? Right here rooting for and enjoying(hopefully) the performance of the team and hoping to go again. Deciding to only be happy if your team wins 1 specific game out of 20-21 is a great way to drive yourself nuts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is an unacceptable opinion. It’s like Juronism. Football is hard! Winning a Super Bowl is easy if you are an elite QB. Ask Brady. Potential hall of fame QBs find a way, and if Allen truly views himself as elite, he will find a way. 

You really have no idea what you’re talking about. 

One team wins each year. Elite QBs lose the Super Bowl all the time. Some even lose before the Super Bowl. 

It takes a lot of things coming together at one time to win. You can’t just snap your fingers 

• Like (+1) 1

My inclination is the Bills will win a Super Bowl when Josh Allen isn't expected to carry the team in a big way.  This season is a step in the right direction with the emergence of a consistent running game and a very solid defense.  Let hope Allen is plays well, but doesn't have to press all the time, and the rest of the team fills in.  

Keep in mind, while it would be annoying to lose this weekend and fall short... Josh Allen is going to be here for a few windows on Championship contending teams... chances are he'll get there, just have to be patient if it doesn't happen this year.

That being said, I think the ups and downs of this season has readied this team to make a push.  Feel good about this weekend...

This is an unacceptable opinion. It’s like Juronism. Football is hard! Winning a Super Bowl is easy if you are an elite QB. Ask Brady. Potential hall of fame QBs find a way, and if Allen truly views himself as elite, he will find a way. 

Brady has been in the league for 21 years and won it 7 times so 33% of the time, and he is considered a ***** freak for that.

It’s a team sport and I get that. But at the end of the day, Allen has to do enough to win a super bowl. We have the #1 D, and by all rights, that’s more than enough to win a super bowl. He cannot have a performance like the Jags game this weekend. His consistency is unacceptable and he has to play good enough to win all the time. 

A LOT more than just Allen contributed to the loss to JAX. It was over 2 months ago. He dismantled the Pats* twice since then. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.