Just Win a Super Bowl

Milanos Milano

36 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m just tired Teef, just tired. How much talent is enough for Allen to win? It starts this weekend, you are being paid the most money in the NFL to bring it all home. Some have done more with less. No more excuses. It’s go time. 

Sometimes I wonder if fans are actually. Some just want entertainment and are just happy the team is still in Buffalo. 

I mean, football is entertainment. If it’s not entertaining to you, why do it? Bragging rights? 

Do I want a super bowl? Of course, but I’m not going to cry myself to sleep if we don’t win it. 

I got 18 weeks of solid entertainment. 12 of those were wins. Had fun every step of the way. I would actually wonder if your side of fandom is truly being a fan. We’re a few days away from a huge playoff game and you’re “just tired?” Idk, I prefer my way of seeing things, yours seems miserable. 

Do you even enjoy yourself, or is it all super bowl and nothing else? Someone ruffle your feathers on Facebook? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

My two cents:

Do I *want* the Bills to win the Superbowl? **** yeah!

Do I think the Bills *can* win a Superbowl this year? ALSO **** yeah!

Do I realize that football is a competitive game, that both sides play to win the game, and that sometimes events/refs/injuries may indeed prevent that, no matter what the talent level of any single individual? Also yes. 

That's why I am *not* the type to overreact.

If we get beat in the next couple games? S*** happens.  

All I ask is that the Bills play a good game and not embarrass themselves or the city. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Good. No more mediocrity. It’s go time Allen, you got this! 

Allen and the Bills have won 34 regular season games the last 3 years, made the playoffs all 3 years, went to the AFCG last year, Allen finished 2nd in the MVP voting last year, and they won their first playoff game this year....just to name a few things.

I don't think the word "mediocrity" means what you think it means...

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m just tired Teef, just tired. How much talent is enough for Allen to win? It starts this weekend, you are being paid the most money in the NFL to bring it all home. Some have done more with less. No more excuses. It’s go time. 

Sometimes I wonder if fans are actually. Some just want entertainment and are just happy the team is still in Buffalo. 

Of course the ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl, but it’s also important to enjoy the ride. I am very thankful that the Bills and Josh Allen have given me so much to root for and honestly speaking, that NE game last week was one of the most enjoyable games I have ever watched and I’m grateful that the Bills made that happen.

• Agree 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Allen and the Bills have won 34 regular season games the last 3 years, made the playoffs all 3 years, went to the AFCG last year, Allen finished 2nd in the MVP voting last year, and they won their first playoff game this year....just to name a few things.

I don't think the word "mediocrity" means what you think it means...

2nd place is mediocrity. You play to win Super Bowls. Otherwise why even play. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

Of course the ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl, but it’s also important to enjoy the ride. I am very thankful that the Bills and Josh Allen have given me so much to root for and honestly speaking, that NE game last week was one of the most enjoyable games I have ever watched and I’m grateful that the Bills made that happen.

How can you enjoy the ride if you don’t win a super bowl? It’s like taking your dads Ferrari out for a 2hr ride and bringing it home after you hit a street light. Sure those 2 hrs were magic, but you failed and now you are grounded until next year. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

If that’s true, why even watch any other game but the super bowl each year? 

Silly take, imo. 

We all watch for enjoyment during the year up till a super bowl victory, but the ride is only enjoyable if you win. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Are you suggesting they are not playing to win a Super Bowl? 

Maybe you should take up a hobby, seek therapy, or find something to help you enjoy yor team a little more. Not telling you waht to do - just a suggestion

And, actually, 2nd place in a world championship is not mediocrity. Again, I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean winning a Super Bowl is such a difficult thing, all you can really reasonably ask is for your team to be competitive, to give themselves a shot at it. There are plenty of great teams that didn't make it, you can't get too hung up on it.

Bingo.  IMO this new hurdle of winning a Super Bowl before some people admit Allen is a great QB or the Bills have become a great franchise is just another example of the passive aggressive way these folks attack Allen & the Bills.

So for the record how many Super Bowls did Jim Kelly, surrounded by HOF talent, win?  Yet at this point Kelly is still the greatest QB to ever play for the Bills.  And how about the legacy of Marino & Fouts?

And in their LONG NFL careers how many Super Bowls did Brees & Rogers win?

Allen is already a proven elite QB in the NFL and nothing that happens on Sunday will change that. 

I think we tend to forget just how far the Bills have come in a short period of time. In 2018 when they drafted Allen they had only gone to the playoffs once in 18 years and that was by a fluke.  The Bills had not won a division title or a playoff game in 25 years.  In 2018 the team was in a complete rebuild especially on the offensive side of the ball.  Hell, after getting blown out in their first 2 games of 2018 there were people claiming the Bills couldn't beat Alabama!  They were the laughing stock of the NFL with a rookie QB that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

The Bills were a franchise in perpetual crisis.

Now look at us.  Three seasons later and we're making our 2nd straight trip to the elite 8.  Our head coach & GM have built a roster that can compete for a Super Bowl and our QB routinely sets franchise records and does things that no other QB could.  Our Super Bowl window is open as long as the coach, GM and QB are here and that looks like at least the next 10 years.

So while it would be disappointing not to beat the Chiefs and move on to the AFC championship game the future looks brighter then it has since 1988.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

How can you enjoy the ride if you don’t win a super bowl? It’s like taking your dads Ferrari out for a 2hr ride and bringing it home after you hit a street lamp. Sure those 2 hrs were magic, but you failed and now you are grounded until next year. 

We all watch for enjoyment during the year up till a super bowl victory, but the ride is only enjoyable if you win. 

That’s the exact opposite of the truth. You enjoy the ride during the actual ride. 

It sounds like all you care about are bragging rights. You enjoy the ride once you’ve won? How, the rides over? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a buddy who always says either you win the Lombardi Trophy or you're the Detroit Lions. So to him, there's 1 winner and 31 Detroit Lions at the end of each season.  Pro sports are harsh.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

That’s the exact opposite of the truth. You enjoy the ride during the actual ride. 

We all are enjoying the current ride. We are driving the Ferrari right now, and it’s a blast. The goal is to not crash it otherwise the amazing ride we were enjoying takes a backseat. 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I have a buddy who always says either you win the Lombardi Trophy or you're the Detroit Lions. So to him, there's 1 winner and 31 Detroit Lions at the end of each season.  Pro sports are harsh.

That's an insane view on life and achievement.  I wonder what a Detroit Lions fans would say to that?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not gonna lie, I watched a compilation video of Cubs fan’s reaction to winning the World Series.  I wanted to see what I would look like with that feeling.

Lucky for me being a Cubs fan, the elation was amazing. I can’t wait to experience that as a Bills fan. 

Ok, so what will you do if they don't win a Superbowl this year? There are no excuses, so does that mean you will go root for another team? I don't understand the point of this whole sentiment.

We all are enjoying the current ride. We are driving the Ferrari right now, and it’s a blast. The goal is to not crash it otherwise the amazing ride we were enjoying takes a backseat. 

It seems more like you are threatening the team to win the Superbowl or... you are going to be really disappointed! That will show them!

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.