Have you ever gotten into a fight over the Bills?

Royale with Cheese

I saw a girl knock out a drunk guy in the parking lot after his pants fell down around his ankles and his junk was hanging out. I guess he should have been wearing underwear.

The infamous Monday night jets/bills game in the fall 1983, lots of fights section vs sections, bills fans vs jets fans. I was involved, but not by choice

Edited by dbmu1977
  • Like (+1) 1

I've been in a few altercations at games where a few punches were thrown but mostly pushing and shoving with drunks and drug addicts who initiated some kind of physical activity.

The ones that don't turn into fights tend to be more interesting.

One game had a friend sitting next to me with a ski hat with one of those fluffy balls on the top of it and a group of Canadian fans behind him were messing with his hat and mocking him so I got up and grabbed a cup out of one of the guys hands and gave him a hot chocolate facial.    They were a little surprised but collected themselves and then decided that I was "going to get it".   So I asked who was going to give it to me.   They couldn't make up their mind so we left it at that.      

Once in Indy at the old dome.  A couple of boozed up Colts fans pushed me down the stairs because I was wearing Bills gear.  Out side it was 5 on one but a group of guys from Lackawanna walked up and evened the odds.  Bills fans won in quick fashion.  Reason why I stay away from games on the road. 

28 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I’m more the talk mad ***** and hide behind a much larger friend type. It’s gotten me out of some scrapes in Jersey before. 

I was at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the NCAA tournament with my son, his friend and his friend’s dad. Three guy at the table next to us were HAMMERED and getting obnoxious. They were annoying, and I asked them how they were getting home. Nobody at that table belonged behind a wheel. He said they had it covered, went on a little rant then asked “you got a problem with that?” I said no, no problem. Then I said “well, actually, were here with kids, can you clean up the language?” They were VERY loud with their F*&^ this and F*&^ that. 

He started getting up to come at me when the other dad stood up. Pat is 6’6” and at least 270 lbs. Former military, he’s not just big, he’s the REAL DEAL. Pat asked “do we have a problem?” The guy sat, and the language immediately improved. 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dbmu1977 said:

I saw a girl knock out a drunk guy in the parking lot after his pants fell down around his ankles and his junk was hanging out. I guess he should have been wearing underwear.

The infamous Monday night jets/bills game in the fall 1983, lots of fights section vs sections, bills fans vs jets fans. I was involved, but not by choice

That game was a zoo.  

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Not me personally but I saw a many o fist-o-cuffs in the early days (84-90ish)....

Lovely use of language. 

I have a friend who’s an oath. He’s not so bad now but he used to be a proper hooligan with no respect for anyone. He’s still an oath though.

He once texted me one Saturday morning asking if I wanted to meet him later that day to go and watch his soccer team. He tried to convince me to come by stating “we’ll have a good few jars and there’s a good chance of some fistys”. When I replied “a good

chance of what?” I got a simple reply “fisticuffs”. 

I didn’t reply but it’s great to see that word again. Cheers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I witnessed a gal pistol whip her boyfriend in the end zone in 1977 game.  My brother and I saw this group drink all game long.  Bills started lose and this social group started fights with each other.  Police and security tossed a bunch out,  Then the main event.  Guy starts smacking his gal and she pulled out a small hand gun and smacked him across the face with the pistol grip.  Guy was out and she fled.  The police stayed in the section the rest of the game.  My neighbor who was a BPD officer made us stand with him at the entrance to the section.  Being a teenager this was an event that made an impression on me.  

Edited by Nitro

These tough guy posts pop up here every once and awhile and I love it.   They remind me of my Father in Law.  Guy has a million stories about how he would "drop" guys all the time back in the day.  He wont talk back or stand up to my mouthy 33 year old sister in law but "back in the day" his hands were lethal weapons. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Augie said:

When the kids were young we went with a Rotary Club, of all things, to a Buc’s/Packers game. I invited a friend from the bank along with his fiancé. Sitting right behind our group was a drunk youNG Packers fan. He was wearing nothing above the waist other than a purple bra on his head. (I have no idea 🤷‍♂️.) This Packer fans starts talking to my wife. My friend thinks he’s hitting on her. She says he’s a harmless kid, leave him alone. After much beer, things escalate. At the end of the game my “friend” pins this kid to the bench by his throat and slides him about 5 feet. His friends react and it turns into one of those scenes where people start cascading into the rows in front of them. All all-out brawl.

I managed to get the wife and kids to the aisle and one of the Rotary group claims to be a cop loudly and repeatedly while breaking things up. (He WAS a retired cop.) I assume security came but we we running for the bus! He catches up to me and says he hoped I would defend his wife. I said “no, I would NOT be an idiot. It was just words, until  YOU escalated it.”  If anything I would have gone for security. 

A few years later I run into his then ex-wife and learn he was fired from the bank for punching a co-worker in the face at the bank Christmas party. He also had domestic abuse charges against the girl half his age who was living with him at the time. Some people just can’t drink alcohol without losing their minds on occasion. 

USE YOUR WORDS! 

Little know fact: 

The only reason the Stones had the Hell’s Angels doing security at Altamont in ‘69 was because the Rotarian’s were running a car wash/bake sale grift that very weekend. 

Things could have been much, much worse. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Does wanting to reach through the interwebs and cold #### some posters on TBD count ??

Otherwise....  No.  Fights like you describe over any team are the most ridiculous and asinine thing to do.

Who wants to fight me???  🤪

I used to challenge posters on TBD to fight me but some moderators found it “immature” and “morally reprehensible” and so the bit died.

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.