Have you ever gotten into a fight over the Bills?

Royale with Cheese

I have seen multiple fights among fans at Bills game over the years.

Never been anywhere close to one myself, nor would I.

Unfortunately, NFL football games attract low lifes like flies on a rib roast! 

It ain't just Buffalo---it's EVERYWHERE.

• Agree 1

We all face enough sh*t in the world already:   Disease...  misfortune...  injustice...  moronic political leaders...  Why do we need to add to all this crap by beating each other up over a game? 

Peace, love and understanding.   That's what we should all add to the world.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

MNF, 1993, Bills at 3 Rivers Stadium--some drunk slob Steeler fans after the game in the concourse sucker punched my buddy (who was wearing Steelers gear) from behind and shoved me into a railing all while stealing my prized Bills hat before we knew what hit us--we were just 15 yr old kids! Security was shoving pastries and pierogies into their mouths somewhere far far away from the scene (I think). :bag: So I guess that's not really the definition of a "fight" then, is it?      

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Angry 1

we were in a sports bar in CO watching the Bills game, me in full bills  regalia..... this was BK (before kids) all I know is hubby told me in the car on the way home that my fandom was annoying some of the patrons and he was ready to defend his wifey if needed LOL

so according to him it was a close call coulda gone either way.

Ive seen a few fights at billsbackers bar the bouncers horse collared em and drug em out in a headlock...ouch. not my cuppa tea.

m

• Like (+1) 1

Only came close to knocking out my friend one time long ago.  Like 1993 or 94 maybe eve 95?  Fuzzy memories back then. Bills at Steelers, Monday night maybe.  The game Don Beebe got knocked out cold by the Steelers safety who I think was Woodson, on a long pass attempt on the right sideline.  Anyway, I was watching it at my friends house on his nice t.v. when he just became an a-hole and turned off the game just to be a D, or was my view at that moment.  It was misdirected hostility though.  I was just mad about the game and the Bills' poor performance.  They were on the downward trajectory and it was getting to me.  My friend was really into some kind of martial arts back then but I knew I could drop him no problem (I have a mean punch and he knew it).

But somehow my inner voice was like "dude, you're being the D, not him.  Just leave."  And I walked away.  So glad I did because I was being a jerk just because our Bills were not having a good night.  Some on this board know I can be a real D at times.  But I do always recognize it later and feel bad.  I love my Bills brothers and sisters. 

I went to just one Bills game in Buffalo back in 2003 and was delighted by how polite and friendly everyone was.  I remember it was the Rams visiting and a dude in his early 20's or so near us yelled an expletive at Adam Archuleta, you know the three letter bad word that alleges something about someone's sexuality.  And the girl next to him was like:  "Shut up, dude.  That's not right."  It was a group of like 10 of them and they all seemed to be in agreement with her which said a lot to me about Bills fans.  I know there's some bad ones who aren't so great when they get hammered but it's worth noting there's good folks out there like that.    I never thought I'd hear someone put someone else in their own group in their place like that at a sporting event.  I was impressed anyway.

That entire trip in general, everyone was really great and welcoming.  So genuine too.  A lot like here in East TN where I live now.  But Western NY is more aligned with my politics than here in the South, if you catch my drift. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mattynh said:

You could have just said “Are you an emotionally immature idiot?”

Weren't we all at some point?  (some of us still are)

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Air Force.

I was born Navy but went Army myself for a few.  I just told my girls yesterday that if they go into the military, go Air Force.  I don't have to explain to you my rationale. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

You could have just said “Are you an emotionally immature idiot?”

When the kids were young we went with a Rotary Club, of all things, to a Buc’s/Packers game. I invited a friend from the bank along with his fiancé. Sitting right behind our group was a drunk youNG Packers fan. He was wearing nothing above the waist other than a purple bra on his head. (I have no idea 🤷‍♂️.) This Packer fans starts talking to my wife. My friend thinks he’s hitting on her. She says he’s a harmless kid, leave him alone. After much beer, things escalate. At the end of the game my “friend” pins this kid to the bench by his throat and slides him about 5 feet. His friends react and it turns into one of those scenes where people start cascading into the rows in front of them. All all-out brawl.

I managed to get the wife and kids to the aisle and one of the Rotary group claims to be a cop loudly and repeatedly while breaking things up. (He WAS a retired cop.) I assume security came but we we running for the bus! He catches up to me and says he hoped I would defend his wife. I said “no, I would NOT be an idiot. It was just words, until  YOU escalated it.”  If anything I would have gone for security. 

A few years later I run into his then ex-wife and learn he was fired from the bank for punching a co-worker in the face at the bank Christmas party. He also had domestic abuse charges against the girl half his age who was living with him at the time. Some people just can’t drink alcohol without losing their minds on occasion. 

USE YOUR WORDS! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes. I'm not proud of it but when I was younger I was a little bit wild. I'd frequent the local watering hole with Sunday Ticket and usually have a few too many, but the bar owner and staff had gotten to know me pretty well and knew for the most part I was harmless.

Ironically enough we were playing the Chiefs that day 2008 or 2009 and we stomped them. Well, there was a Chiefs fan at the other end of the bar and we started chirping a little bit, he was drunker than I was and he ended up throwing his Chiefs hat at me. To this day I still don't know what possessed me to do it, but I proceeded to drop my pants and wipe my ass with his hat. I was hamming it up pretty good and a few of my Bills Backers buddies got a kick out of it, but the next thing I knew I was getting form tackled with my pants around my ankles. 

The Chiefs fan had a few LBs on me but I was scrappy. I managed to get my pants up and we ended up tussling into the bathroom. He got some good body shots in but I caught him one good time on the button and he went night night. I left him there and went back to the bar, the guy came to and went outside and sat on the curb until someone picked him up. That was the first and last time I will ever get in a fight because of the Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Like a fist fight? No, what am I, 13 years old? I haven't gotten in a fist fight since college.

Have I ever had very heated debates? Of course. 

(Ironically that fist fight was with the UB Football team. At the time they were trash, and historically been trash. All pre-Turner GIll. Anyways it was 5am good decision making by college kids. Some guys were hanging outside the dorm and asked if we wanted to play football while we were getting home from the bars. We were casually like "Sure why not, we have some big dudes with us". One kid piped up, "We are gonna kick your ass, we are on the football team"....Drunk 18 year old Mango responded with "Who cares, you guys won 2 games last year, you suck".....They ended up following us up to our dorm room, getting more guys, and literally kicking in the door. One kid was knocked unconscious. There were holes in the wall and broken bottles. It was a mess. We got community service and the football team got.....nothing. Decades later that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth with UB)

Not me personally but I saw a many o fist-o-cuffs in the early days (84-90ish).....sheesh it seemed like you would see at least 2-3 fights depending on the opponent.  Jests games and Raiders games were a given.

The absolute best I ever saw was a Monday nite game, some fool decided he would shimmy out onto the guy wire for the nets behind the field goal.  This was in the scoreboard end......he got about 15-20 feet out and people were chanting fall fall fall.....wing nut finally got some sense into this and shimmied back to the wall.  He didn't even have to try to climb up as security pummeled him like crazy.....I am certain he had a few concussions.  Play stoopid games win stoopid prizes.....

Go BILLS!

Edited by Kwai San
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Almost.  It was after the Bills lost the second SB game against Dallas.  I was at a party with lots of Dallas fans, and I was dressed head to toes in Bills gear.   It was a painful Bills loss.  Cowboys fans were busting my balls mercilessly.  I leave party with my friend.  I stop at McDonalds on 95 and went to counter to order.  On my way to counter there are these two meathead Dallas fans laughing at me.  I go to counter and order, it takes forever, the whole time those lug nuts were laughing and jeering….I was at Falling Down point lol. My food finally arrives, I need walk by idiots table to exit.  They are yukking it up and being obnoxious as I walked by, I stopped and said “why are you laughing so hard?  Did your boyfriend say something funny?”  You should of seen the look on these guys faces.  They looked at each other stunned and perplexed lol I got to car, my buddy was half passed out.  I said hey, we might have a fight.  We watched from car, those lug nuts walked out front door, looked around like tough guys, and went back inside 😂 

I can't explain why, but I just hate Dallas equally as much, or even more, than New England.  I feel ya here, bro.  Thanks for sharing.

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Marines have bigger d****.
I don’t know personally but have been told.

Marines have bigger egos.  That's about it though.  (not hard feelings, I have Marines in my family and I fk with them as much as I can)

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.