[Misleading Title]

JK Fan

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Jones is the closest thing to a poor man's Allen in the NFL, so it would make some sense. Jones has size, a pretty good arm, is smart and a leader (by all accounts), and is very mobile.

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

A very very poor man's Allen

I think Mitch was supposed be what Allen eventually became. Trubisky is the poor mans Allen. DJ is the poor mans MT. 

Which given the poor draft coming up, makes all of this much more interesting. Schoen to NYG< bringing Daboll and Mitch....

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

But could he substitute in at TE? 🤔

What about moving Barkley to SS? 

Edited by Mango
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think that job would be Daboll's if he wants it.  The 3 questions that need to be answered - 

1. Is Daniel Jones better than any of the QBs that would be available in this year's draft (I think probably yes)

2. Does Daboll think he can turn around the career of Jones?

3. Is there a job on the table for Daboll with a better situation coming in (maybe Chicago?)

1 hour ago, JK Fan said:

Joe Schoen is going to New York for a second interview with the Giants.  Looks like he is a strong candidate for the GM job.  If he gets the job, does he take Daboll with him to be the Head Coach?  Daboll would be someone that could get the most out of Daniel Jones.

Unless he takes Josh Allen he’ll get 3 years then be fired 

58 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Jones is the closest thing to a poor man's Allen in the NFL, so it would make some sense. Jones has size, a pretty good arm, is smart and a leader (by all accounts), and is very mobile.

They also could let. go of Jones and we sign him to backup Allen.

9 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I think that job would be Daboll's if he wants it.  The 3 questions that need to be answered - 

1. Is Daniel Jones better than any of the QBs that would be available in this year's draft (I think probably yes)

2. Does Daboll think he can turn around the career of Jones?

3. Is there a job on the table for Daboll with a better situation coming in (maybe Chicago?)

Well, he won't be able to bring Trubisky to Chicago. He'll be stuck with Justin Fields.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.