[Misleading Title]

JK Fan

Joe Schoen is going to New York for a second interview with the Giants.  Looks like he is a strong candidate for the GM job.  If he gets the job, does he take Daboll with him to be the Head Coach?  Daboll would be someone that could get the most out of Daniel Jones.

17 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Are they committed to Daniel Jones?

Not saying you need Jones there to bring in Daboll, but I’m not sure they view Jones as the answer plus w/ new GM/HC it would be the best time to move on from him.

You make sense but remember, this seems to be a terrible draft for QBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Are they committed to Daniel Jones?

Not saying you need Jones there to bring in Daboll, but I’m not sure they view Jones as the answer plus w/ new GM/HC it would be the best time to move on from him.

Jones is the closest thing to a poor man's Allen in the NFL, so it would make some sense. Jones has size, a pretty good arm, is smart and a leader (by all accounts), and is very mobile.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You make sense but remember, this seems to be a terrible draft for QBs. 

Happy to have zero intel on the QB class

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Jones is the closest thing to a poor man's Allen in the NFL, so it would make some sense. Jones has size, a pretty good arm, is smart and a leader (by all accounts), and is very mobile.

I was thinking similarly and agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

Joe Schoen is going to New York for a second interview with the Giants.  Looks like he is a strong candidate for the GM job.  If he gets the job, does he take Daboll with him to be the Head Coach?  Daboll would be someone that could get the most out of Daniel Jones.

The most you're getting out of Daniels Jones is six wins. And that's with divine intervention.

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Daniel Jones as as close to Josh Allen as I am to Jason Momoa 

I am talking about skill set and the way he plays. He runs a LOT and is 6'5" / 221 lbs. He has also made modest improvements every season: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneDa05.htm. He may never pan out, but he might also thrive more in an offensive scheme that's better designed for his talents. The Giants have a ton of issues, but with a healthy offense, they are a team that can theoretically score a fair bit given the fairly high level of skill talent (Engram, Toney, Barkley, Shepherd, Golladay). They just had so many injuries the past couple of seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

It would make a lot of sense to have them come as a package deal.  It is so important to have the GM & HC on the same page.  I have not seen a report that Daboll interviewed with the Giants, but he might be waiting on Schoen’s hire first.  I have seen that they are interested in him though. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/bills_oc_brian_daboll_considered_favorite_for_giants_hc_job_if_team_hires_bills_asst_gm_joe_schoen/s1_127_37026797

They 100% stay with Jones. He has shown signs of having a JA17-ISH skillset. 

2 top 10 picks - OL definitely one of them.....a pass rusher or offensive weapon the other.

Jones and Saquan both have had dog poo OL's since being there.  Before cutting bait, and regardless....the Giants need to rid themselves of the Nate Solders and Will Hernandez's of the world 

Daboll unleashes whatever it is Jones has - if it fails, they'll be in position to trade up or take a QB next year.

• Like (+1) 1

If Schoen becomes GM of the Giants and doesn't pick Daboll or anyone else from the Bills coaching staff that would actually be a very strong message and not in a good way.

Looks like it's not a done deal yet since Chiefs executive Ryan Poles is also getting a second interview and have to bet the Giants will be closely watching the game this weekend before they make a final decision.

• Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.