Post-Beatdown Belichick Locker Room Visit?

NoHuddleKelly12

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Disagree; he likes McDermott and has said so multiple times. He has a lot of respect for how he and Beane have built this team.

This right here.

I'm sure he talked a bit with McD and Allen but I have a hunch he was allowed to address the players and told them......well that's anyone's guess.  

But I'd like to think after praising what McD and Beane have built here, he told the players he's seen his share of teams built to win it and this team has it.   

If not for the 50 mph wind game he's probably looking at getting whipped 4 straight times by Buffalo.  Well 3 out of the last 4 and even that's never happened to him.  Ever.  Let that sink in - no it isn't its 2019 version on D but that's still a top 5 defense that the Bills have throttled.    

He's obviously seen what's happened here in the division his team has dominated for 20 years and for a football legend like him you can allow him to say a few words to your team.  Every single player in that locker room under 30 grew up watching him do nothing but win.  I bet you could have heard a pin drop. 

He's rooting for us to win the whole thing.  And I bet that's what he told them.

Well, that's my own speculation.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn't read through the whole thread to see if anyone felt similarly, but I'm going to say he was sent by his master as an emissary to see if McDermott, Allen or both were interested in a life of football immortality for the low, low price of one. soul. each.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The word is (not sure how accurate that is) he spent some time talking to and congratulating both McDermott and Allen, and doing it on the low key away from cameras and related bull####.

Fairly classy move; to be honest, I didn't know an opposing HC would do something like this, but if he did it, I assume others have as well.

I highly doubt this was the first such post-game locker room visit by an opposing coach in NFL history.

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The word is (not sure how accurate that is) he spent some time talking to and congratulating both McDermott and Allen, and doing it on the low key away from cameras and related bull####.

Fairly classy move; to be honest, I didn't know an opposing HC would do something like this, but if he did it, I assume others have as well.

I highly doubt this was the first such post-game locker room visit by an opposing coach in NFL history.

Josh provided some great detail on the Pat McAfee show today, and from Pat's reaction, it isn't a very common thing. Maybe not the first time but probably the only time this season across all teams and all games. I could also see it being more fitting for the playoffs, where the losing coach's season is over, but the winners are continuing on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.