Post-Beatdown Belichick Locker Room Visit?

NoHuddleKelly12

This won't be popular - but I have always appreciated Belichick, and even Brady.  I hated that the Bills had to face them twice a year, but they're both legends, and if you're a football fan, they're at the top of the game.

It was the fans that made me dislike the team so much.  

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Not sure how enjoyable that type of loss is...

Hobbies are only enjoyable when they don't kick you in the nuts.

Well, the loss certainly isn't enjoyable but at this point it's all frosting on the cake for Bill. 

Obviously he wants to win but there is absolutely zero pressure on him. He's the GOAT of coaches. 

Some fans and media love to do the "Belichick or Brady?" thing but his game plan for the Bills/Giants SB (played when Brady was like 13 years old) is in the HOF. Brady didn't make him. 

As time has gone by, I have grown to actually appreciate Belichick and hate Brady even more. I know many have done the opposite. Hearing over and over again about how everything is Brady when it's a team sport annoys the crap out of me. Brady didn't coach up Malcom Butler to be in that spot for the game winning INT vs Seattle. Brady didn't kick the game winning field goals for his first rings. Tell Bruschi, Seymour, Harrison, and Vrabel that it was "all Brady."

What Bill has done is far more impressive. 30 years, 2 franchises, how many hundreds of players churned through the roster in NE over their dynasty years?

Brady went to Tampa and assembled an all-star team that should have lost had Rodgers not been a total choke artist in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Heard Sal with Howard and Jeremy this morning talk about this on WGR, but Sal was unaware as to any details and haven't seen this pop up anywhere else--was wondering if anyone knows more, or have any guesses as to what was said/may have happened with a Belichick visit to the Bills locker room after this historic game?

https://nesn.com/2022/01/bill-belichick-visited-bills-locker-room-after-patriots-playoff-loss/

Was it for a Job Interview?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This sucks. I really enjoyed the  “handshake “ at the end of the game, the ridiculous press conference, and the picture that painted that he was sour.  Him doing this takes away from the satisfaction I felt. Therefore I’m going to envision him going in there was contentious and that he was basically threatening McDermott and our team not to do this again. 

Edited by loedward22

Beli was probably frustrated after the game, and needed a minute to settle in before he could have a good convo with Bills staff

Very apparent he likes josh, and no doubt in my mind he respect mcd.

It's funny because I can relate to that same sequence of emotions towards Brady and Beli. Hated them my whole life, but as both of their careers are coming to a close, I've made it a point to try and respect them for the football legends they are. Easier to digest after the 20yr stranglehold they've had on us has dissipated the last 2 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

he was stopping by to ask McD to hire his son as DC.

When BB was walking off the field my thought was he finally figured out that his DC sucks, but how can he fire his son. 

Technically not listed as DC, but as they always say, don't let facts get in the way

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It's hard for me to agree with this about a guy that's cheated like he has.

BB broke the unwritten code of spying on the team that's HC used to be on BB staff so know his secrets and got caught.

Plenty of cheating going on, but Pats have got caught a few times.  Part of that is because they are hated by many, hated more than many teams.

Recall a story in early mid 70's.  Raiders were playing Steelers in playoffs.  Raiders just finished practice  where they put their game plan in and players went into locker room.  Madden calls the m all back out for another 2 hours or so of practice as apparently Al Davis had just received the illegal film he had taken of Steelers practice.  So now that they knew what Steelers had planned, they changed their entire game plan.  Raiders won game BTW.

I'm certain that once word got to the Pats media team that this happened

he was strongly encouraged to make sure he made amends before the media availability. I like that so many were super quick to give him the benefit of the doubt before they saw this. Turns out he's just as fallible as everyone else and has been known to throw a phone and barely shake a hand. 

Edited by benderbender

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree I think based on comments he's dropped along the way and even his postgame interactions suggest he greatly covets Allen and what he brings to the QB table as unique. As to McD, that seems to be a bit more on the frosty side though?

Wouldn't surprise me. I've said this before but when I see Belichick on shows like top 100 or Football Life I don't hate him nearly as much. He's obviously incredibly knowledgeable about NFL history and can talk at length about the most obscure players.

He also seems more humble in those settings where he'll talk about coaches from the past as though he couldn't hope to be as good as them. So I could imagine if he does have a lot of respect for Allen that he would do something like this. And he would have to have a LOT of respect for him. Considering the offense he's been running hasn't punted 2 games in a row against his defense he would have to see the significance of that.

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Maybe putting his name in for the potential DC opening if Frazier leaves?

More seriously, it's pretty clear that BB is a big fan of McDermott and absolutely loves Josh Allen as a player.

This right here.  I remember listening to the Go Long podcast and Jim Monos said after the Pegulas hired McDermott Belichick called them unsolicited to congratulate them on making a good choice.

Also last year when Josh destroyed the Patriot defense in Foxboro, Belichick spent a few extra moments talking to Josh which he rarely does.  As you can tell by his press conferences he’s not the more jovial coach who would spend time/energy blowing smoke up your arse, so I’m thinking this was legit admiration 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.