Post-Beatdown Belichick Locker Room Visit?

NoHuddleKelly12

9 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Suddenly a guy that's never been nice in anyway, has cheated and just minutes before didn't shake hands with the coach has become a beloved saint  to everyone here 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's a reason he went in there long after the game. He'll always have that smug attitude when the cameras are on. He wants everyone to think he is some sort of ass hat. Which I still think he is myself.

15 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Suddenly a guy that's never been nice in anyway, has cheated and just minutes before didn't shake hands with the coach has become a beloved saint  to everyone here 🤷🏻‍♂️

He actually did shake hands with McDermott. There are photos and everything!

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Here's Josh Allen talking about it. Big respect for Belichick to do something like this - 

it seemed to have positive effect on  #17 he  appreciated it. This new warm fuzzy belichiick is soooooooo niiiiice LOL sorry its second nature to snark him. Good coach, guy or not he is one of the originators of patriot stink...#Tainted  haha retire already and take your pervey tongued son with you 😜 

m

Edited by muppy

This was from a day ago.  I searched and didn't see it posted, which surprised me because I usually find out about stuff like this from you guys.

It is not a long clip, but the summary is that Bill basically sought ought Josh after the playoff game (they said locker room, but Josh didn't) to compliment him.  Honestly, I don't know what to think of that.  Didn't he kind of blow off McD?  I know they shook hands, but it stands out compared to the attention he obviously gave Josh.  It probably doesn't mean anything, but it is interesting.

Funny line of the clip from one of the guys on the show - Hey, Josh, big Pats fan here so, if you get a chance, I would like my soul back.  🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 5 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gHpcmj82qg

8:22 mark, watch how BB gushes about Ed Reed staring at him with lovey eyes as if he's his high school prom date. 

I watched so many of of these top 100's with BB running point on a lot of the commentary and I came away with three pretty clear takeaways 

1. He could possibly be the most well read, knowledgeable person ever in regards to the history of the NFL. You can tell he loves the history of the game, I used to study it a lot myself, it is interesting, moreover, he's been living the game since he was a child with a father as a HC

2. He does not give out praise very easily or authentically

3. When he does give out sincere praise, as he did a few times in this show, he sort of turns into a kid in his excitement to talk about the player

The notion that BB sought out Josh after that game. BB would only do something like this out of absolute respect for Josh as a football player and teammate. Then, yes, what he did in that game. BB knew it was historical. While this post got a good amount of attention, I still don't know if 7 pages is enough. BB only gushed on about 4-5 guys in the top 100 all time team, many former Colts, his childhood hero's. 

While some might say ego prevented it, I'm not even sure he felt this way about Brady. Speculating, I think Brady acted like the ultimate team guy. I don't think he actually was. I think Tom grew to have pretty big ego over time and had a need to feel "he was the reason". One of those guys that is thanking his teammates while he inserts himself in every photo. BB saw through it in my opinion.  Allen actually is team centered, , I think that wins you BB's respect more than accolades or even Super Bowls. It's the NFL purist in him. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.