Post-Beatdown Belichick Locker Room Visit?

NoHuddleKelly12

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Now I see a video of Morse approaching Barmore and talking him up after the game....

I cant take all the good will and sportsmanship.  Might as well just combine the teams and play in Albany

Sounds good to me.  I'll be the 1st in line for season tickets.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

That is the ultimate sign of respect from Belichick. Josh might even consider that a higher honor than being voted to the Pro Bowl. 

Speaking of Pro Bowl...Did anyone catch this write up from Peter King's FMIA wild card weekend column?

Bills 47, Patriots 17

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Not long before one of the great playoff games an NFL quarterback has ever played, a text message pinged into Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen’s phone.

So proud to know that you’ve risen to the level of being a Pro Bowl alternate!

The sarcastic barb came from Allen’s trusted offseason workout coach, Jordan Palmer. Allen, of course, was somewhat famously omitted from the AFC Pro Bowl roster this year when Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson were chosen ahead of him.

Maybe Allen used a few drops of motivational fuel from the Palmer text. Maybe he just chuckled at it. My bet is the former. Whatever, this was the quarterback who had drilled into him by Palmer all offseason, “Finish, finish,” to the point of not taking gimmes on the short putts on the golf course. This was the quarterback who wanted to be sure in August that his days of playing “Heroball,” as Allen called it, trying to win games by himself, were over. This was the quarterback so comfortable with the schemes and play-calls and progression reads from offensive coordinator Brian Daboll that he calmly took 9.18 seconds from snap to throw, meandering and thinking and looking, before throwing his first touchdown in a 47-17 rout of the rival Patriots on Wild-Card Weekend.

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

That is the ultimate sign of respect from Belichick. Josh might even consider that a higher honor than being voted to the Pro Bowl. 

100%

12 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Am I the only one that thinks he went in there to tell them that running up the score on him was not necessary and he was angry about it.

Probably.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Here's Josh Allen talking about it. Big respect for Belichick to do something like this - 

I actually came into this thread to post this, basically Josh said he came to give him props for how he played (and Josh said he has a lot of respect for BB which he returned)

McAfee made the point that there aren't a lot of opposing coaches that would be welcome into the opponents locker room right after the game

The whole interview on the McAfee show is worth watching.  Special guest appearance by another Bills player LOL

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

BB wants the Bills to beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl.

This is probably true

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Here's Josh Allen talking about it. Big respect for Belichick to do something like this - 

1) I hope no matter how much success Josh has, he stays the way he is. So hard not to like… and it blows my mind how some NFL fans think he’s a jerk, baby, etc. He is a straight up baller and a stand up dude. 

2) Josh seemed to skirt around the question of whether BB met with the team and coach too.. he really made it be about him. If it’s true that BB was only talking to Josh, there was much more said in that conversation than what Josh alluded to. Josh kind of smirked, like there was definitely a lot more he wasn’t sharing about BB’s visit.  

And it still makes me question whether BB and McD actually do like each other and get along.  I’m also probably looking into it too much.  Anyway, good for Josh. He and the entire team deserved huge props. 

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Now I see a video of Morse approaching Barmore and talking him up after the game....

I cant take all the good will and sportsmanship.  Might as well just combine the teams and play in Albany

Albany Aardvarks does not have the same feel.

6 hours ago, transient said:

I didn't read through the whole thread to see if anyone felt similarly, but I'm going to say he was sent by his master as an emissary to see if McDermott, Allen or both were interested in a life of football immortality for the low, low price of one. soul. each.

I did not know Kraft was going to play Mephisto in next Marvel movie.  Thanks for info.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:11 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Bill was just looking for the webcam he "accidentally" left there.

That's not Belicheat's shower footage:cry:

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually came into this thread to post this, basically Josh said he came to give him props for how he played (and Josh said he has a lot of respect for BB which he returned)

McAfee made the point that there aren't a lot of opposing coaches that would be welcome into the opponents locker room right after the game

The whole interview on the McAfee show is worth watching.  Special guest appearance by another Bills player LOL

This is probably true

He now addresses Josh as Daddy:wub:

Anyone remember that report about Belichick scoffing at the notion that Allen was an MVP candidate last season? To that point in the season, the Bills had played the Pats once and barely won thanks to Cam’s fumble. Allen had never really had great success against Bill, but after that report (I think by Simms), he came out and really carved up the Pats in the 38-9 victory on their turf. I think Belichick’s feelings on Allen as a player and QB have changed drastically since that specific game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.