Post-Beatdown Belichick Locker Room Visit?

NoHuddleKelly12

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

After the game on Foxboro, Bill spent an unusual amount of time talking to Allen (by BB's standards) and was gracious with McD.

This time, it was a quick handshake to McD and a fast trot off the field.

The guy is almost 70 and was out in subzero weather. He likely wanted to come in and get warm. However, I have no doubts that if he wwnt to the Bills locker room it was to give them and honest congrats. The way the Bills played his defense the last 2 games was historic. Bill admires history. I think after 20 years....this team has earned his respect.

Well said. I think this is the most likely scenario.

Like @TheyCallMeAndy said, classy move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Heard Sal with Howard and Jeremy this morning talk about this on WGR, but Sal was unaware as to any details and haven't seen this pop up anywhere else--was wondering if anyone knows more, or have any guesses as to what was said/may have happened with a Belichick visit to the Bills locker room after this historic game?

https://nesn.com/2022/01/bill-belichick-visited-bills-locker-room-after-patriots-playoff-loss/

He may have been "in the moment" unable to be civil immediately after the game, and after he warmed up and got his emotions a bit under control, wanted to be more gracious.

Or maybe he was looking for playbooks to steal!  Lock 'em up, McDermott!  Can't be too secure around Belichick!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

My guess?

He was chatting with Daboll about his prospects. They have a long working relationship and Bill probably wanted to offer encouragement and support for what's likely to be a HC gig for his buddy Brian.

But I suppose it could be anything from cheating to cheering

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

My guess?

He was chatting with Daboll about his prospects. They have a long working relationship and Bill probably wanted to offer encouragement and support for what's likely to be a HC gig for his buddy Brian.

But I suppose it could be anything from cheating to cheering

ya first thing that popped into my mind was Daboll.   im sure Bill respects what Brian did to his defense and wanted to wish him well.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Heard Sal with Howard and Jeremy this morning talk about this on WGR, but Sal was unaware as to any details and haven't seen this pop up anywhere else--was wondering if anyone knows more, or have any guesses as to what was said/may have happened with a Belichick visit to the Bills locker room after this historic game?

https://nesn.com/2022/01/bill-belichick-visited-bills-locker-room-after-patriots-playoff-loss/

Bill was just looking for the webcam he "accidentally" left there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Say what you will about Belichick, he has a great respect for the sport, history of the sport, and strategy involved.  

I would bet dollars to donuts he likes and respects McDermott and the feeling is mutual, although there is likely a healthy competitive rivalry in there.  Belichick likely has no use for bravado clowns like Rex Ryan.  McDermott seems to publicly say and do the right thing, does things the right way, and has his team very well prepared.  

The prospect of defending Allen for the foreseeable future has to be a nightmare for Belichick though.  The rollout run vs pass quandary is like a cheat play in Madden football that cant be defended.

I agree with this.  Belichick loves the game, and he has great respect for it, as you say.   I'm a little surprised that he would have gone into the locker room right after that game, because he's always in a foul mood when he loses.   After the game, however, I thought that the special nature of the Bills' performance wouldn't be lost on Belichick.   If not in his post-game comments, then sometime later I expected we'd hear from him about his admiration for what the Bills did Saturday night.  

I mean, you know he did everything he could to get his team prepared, every little detail was attended to.  Daboll had his offense prepared for everything, and between the preparation and the simple superior talent the Bills put on the field, there was no stopping them.  Belichick hates getting beat by that, but he has tremendous respect for people who do it right.   It's why he and Nick Saban are friends. 

• Like (+1) 2

Belichick loves Josh Allen. You can see it in the post games, but also in those Patriots pre-game chalk talk things they do with Bill before he plays us. 

Watching all the other games this weekend you can see just how special Allen really is. He makes plays that nobody else in this playoff field can make. But he is also looking more and more like a polished passer as well, which is what really sets him apart.

Allen has become a very good passer. As good as nearly every other current playoff QB, IMO. Rodgers is on another level when it comes to the pure throwing of the football. Brady has 67 years of playing experience that helps him know where the 3 yard dink and dunks are. Mahomes makes spectacular throws but IMO relies too much on guys running wide open in that scheme, But other than that, Allen is top 3-4 (IMO) at pure throwing of the ball. 

However, cover everyone and he can take off and punish you like no other current playoff QB can.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Disagree; he likes McDermott and has said so multiple times. He has a lot of respect for how he and Beane have built this team.

Agree. The embrace on Saturday was perfunctory but it was really darn cold I don't blame him for wanting to get inside after a beatdown in that weather. He then made a point in presser where he said very little to say that the Bills were "very well coached" and going back to the beatdown in Gillette last year he made a point of a long embrace with McDermott in the middle of the field. 

I think Belichick both respects the way the Bills have built it and the way McDermott coaches defense. He is a geek. A film junkie. I imagine he watches the Bills disguised coverages on defense on film and is pretty excited.  

• Like (+1) 8

I'll admit that reading the posts here I have been persuaded that belichick may not be a Total douche as I thought. I would have expected a hissy hit tantrum video or his snarky silence or vacant replies  press conference rather than an honest congratulations to the Bills.  He's had his share of glory that's for sure. @-@

#pats*

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Belichick loves Josh Allen. You can see it in the post games, but also in those Patriots pre-game chalk talk things they do with Bill before he plays us. 

This.  When I saw that video of Belichick on some Boston sports show, he was "breaking down" Allen's TD throw to Diggs against the Jets.   Although he didn't say it directly, I thought it was clear that he is in awe of what Allen does on the field.  Belichick first commented on the play Allen made to break free of the pocket, then he commented on Allen getting to the sideline and withstanding the hit, then he said something about the accuracy of the throw.  It was all understated, but it seemed clear that what he was saying was that this is an extraordinary talent, making three outstanding plays on one play, any one of which alone was great.   

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

I'll admit that reading the posts here I have been persuaded that belichick may not be a Total douche as I thought. I would have expected a hissy hit tantrum video or his snarky silence or vacant replies  press conference rather than an honest congratulations to the Bills.  He's had his share of glory that's for sure. @-@

#pats*

I think he's great.  You just have to realize that he is a total geek when it comes to coaching and football.  He loves it.  

I've heard two first-hand stories about him.  One was that his daughter was the women's lacrosse coach at Wesleyan.  Belichick was  a lacrosse player.  On a day off a few years ago, he came down from Boston to be a guest assistant coach with his daughter for a day.  Who does that?

He went to Wesleyan and played football and lacrosse there.    One Saturday afternoon about 15 years ago he showed up, alone, at the Wesleyan-Tufts football game outside of Boston, just to watch.  

He's a serious geek.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Aw, crap. Now I have to like him. What are you doing to me Bill, being all classy and large spirited? It's disturbing my universe.

• Haha (+1) 7

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ll say it:

Classy move by Bill.

I hope so.  For all the times this guy has cheated, I would make sure there are no missing playbooks and make sure he didn't leave some type of surveillance equipment. This guy approaches the game like it is war. Spying is part of war and cheating doesn't exist in war. I once saw something on tv about his view on such matters and that was basically his approach to preparing for a game.

Edited by turftoe
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This.  When I saw that video of Belichick on some Boston sports show, he was "breaking down" Allen's TD throw to Diggs against the Jets.   Although he didn't say it directly, I thought it was clear that he is in awe of what Allen does on the field.  Belichick first commented on the play Allen made to break free of the pocket, then he commented on Allen getting to the sideline and withstanding the hit, then he said something about the accuracy of the throw.  It was all understated, but it seemed clear that what he was saying was that this is an extraordinary talent, making three outstanding plays on one play, any one of which alone was great. 

Thanks. I went and looked for it, and I think this is what you were talking about? Pretty cool.

Belestrator on Allen, Diggs, Singletary

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.