Post-Beatdown Belichick Locker Room Visit?

NoHuddleKelly12

Heard Sal with Howard and Jeremy this morning talk about this on WGR, but Sal was unaware as to any details and haven't seen this pop up anywhere else--was wondering if anyone knows more, or have any guesses as to what was said/may have happened with a Belichick visit to the Bills locker room after this historic game?

https://nesn.com/2022/01/bill-belichick-visited-bills-locker-room-after-patriots-playoff-loss/

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Heard Sal with Howard and Jeremy this morning talk about this on WGR, but Sal was unaware as to any details and haven't seen this pop up anywhere else--was wondering if anyone knows more, or have any guesses as to what was said/may have happened with a Belichick visit to the Bills locker room after this historic game?

https://nesn.com/2022/01/bill-belichick-visited-bills-locker-room-after-patriots-playoff-loss/

Maybe putting his name in for the potential DC opening if Frazier leaves?

More seriously, it's pretty clear that BB is a big fan of McDermott and absolutely loves Josh Allen as a player.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He was trying to steal a copy of Daboll's playbook before he left for an HC job.  #NextLevelCheating....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 14

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Maybe putting his name in for the potential DC opening if Frazier leaves?

More seriously, it's pretty clear that BB is a big fan of McDermott and absolutely loves Josh Allen as a player.

I agree I think based on comments he's dropped along the way and even his postgame interactions suggest he greatly covets Allen and what he brings to the QB table as unique. As to McD, that seems to be a bit more on the frosty side though?

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree I think based on comments he's dropped along the way and even his postgame interactions suggest he greatly covets Allen and what he brings to the QB table as unique. As to McD, that seems to be a bit more on the frosty side though?

At this point, it’s more salty than frosty. Does that make it more savoury than sweet?

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Disagree; he likes McDermott and has said so multiple times. He has a lot of respect for how he and Beane have built this team.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I honestly think Belichick believes he could make Allen a regular super bowl winner and he’s being wasted with McDermott. 

While I don’t think McDermott won’t win a super bowl with Allen, I do think Bill would win more with Allen. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

Say what you will about Belichick, he has a great respect for the sport, history of the sport, and strategy involved.  

I would bet dollars to donuts he likes and respects McDermott and the feeling is mutual, although there is likely a healthy competitive rivalry in there.  Belichick likely has no use for bravado clowns like Rex Ryan.  McDermott seems to publicly say and do the right thing, does things the right way, and has his team very well prepared.  

The prospect of defending Allen for the foreseeable future has to be a nightmare for Belichick though.  The rollout run vs pass quandary is like a cheat play in Madden football that cant be defended.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8

23 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

At this point, it’s more salty than frosty. Does that make it more savoury than sweet?

Nothing too savory going on here...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/patriots-bills-bill-belichick-ripped-for-postgame-handshake

13 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ll say it:

Classy move by Bill.

I hope so. Maybe there's some hope for him after all. 

After the game in Foxboro, Bill spent an unusual amount of time talking to Allen (by BB's standards) and was gracious with McD.

This time, it was a quick handshake to McD and a fast trot off the field.

The guy is almost 70 and was out in subzero weather. He likely wanted to come in and get warm. However, I have no doubts that if he went to the Bills locker room it was to give them an honest congrats. The way the Bills played his defense the last 2 games was historic. Bill admires history. I think after 20 years....this team has earned his respect.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.