Cowboys QB Dak Prescott issues apology for supporting fans throwing trash at officials: Edit: Fined $25,000

Bogie_Klinkhammer

image.png.32de19c284db7553b381016d6758b04f.png

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott on Tuesday released a statement apologizing for his comments Sunday in which he commended fans for throwing debris at officials following his team's NFC Wild Card Round loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

"I deeply regret the comments I made regarding the officials after the game on Sunday," Prescott tweeted. "I was caught up in the emotion of a disappointing loss and my words were uncalled for and unfair.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-issues-apology-for-supporting-fans-throwing-trash-at-off

Edited by HOUSE
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott on Tuesday released a statement apologizing for his comments Sunday in which he commended fans for throwing debris at officials following his team's NFC Wild Card Round loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

"I deeply regret the comments I made regarding the officials after the game on Sunday," Prescott tweeted. "I was caught up in the emotion of a disappointing loss and my words were uncalled for and unfair.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-issues-apology-for-supporting-fans-throwing-trash-at-off

Someone is trying to avoid getting a fine.  He should get a suspension on first game of year.

NFLPA will of course appeal.

It was a poor reaction from Dak, who generally I think deals with the incredible scrutiny that comes with being the Cowboys Quarterback pretty well. But Dallas were desperately poor in every way on Sunday. Appallingly coached, woeful play calling, playmakers dropping balls, Dak holding onto it forever, and that is even before the shambles at the end of the game and then in the press conferences. 

There seems to be an institutional leadership problem in Dallas. The issues now are in many ways the same issues as under Jason Garrett. The Cowboys have had top 10 Quarterback play for most of the last 15 years with Romo and Dak. Nobody is confusing either with being elite but they are both darn fine players. And they have won 3 playoff games in that whole time. I heard Colin Cowherd earlier in the season argue that their problem is they are too insular. The Jones family say what goes, their top personnel lieutenant Will McClay has been there since 2009, all but Amari Cooper of their top paid players are "home grown" draft and develop guys - which is in one sense a good thing - but it also it means there are a lack of fresh perspectives and outside voices. In the whole organisation the only leaders who are not institutionalised Cowboys are Mike McCarthy who feels pretty weak and Dan Quinn (who to be fair has done an excellent job with the defense to the extent that only a year after flaming out in Atlanta he is back on the HC watch list). 

It feels like what they really need is a big personality, a strong, independent thinker from outside the organisation to look at the whole operation and shake it up a bit. But that means the Jones family ceding some control and I don't see that happening. It will never happen but Jim Harbaugh would be the PERFECT man to coach the Cowboys.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I expect the Cowboys to lead the league in penalties next season,  stupid comment from an overrated QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Dak Prescott is the new Jerry Hughes.  You won't see too many RTP's called next season where Dak is concerned.  "You're a big guy, you can take it", which is what they kept telling Cam after being constantly head-hunted by defenses that figured out the refs were not going to protect Cam.  Dak is gonna get racked.

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

of course he apologized...he wouldn't get any roughing the passer calls next season

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dak Prescott is the new Jerry Hughes.  You won't see too many RTP's called next season where Dak is concerned.  "You're a big guy, you can take it", which is what they kept telling Cam after being constantly head-hunted by defenses that figured out the refs were not going to protect Cam.  Dak is gonna get racked.

He hardly gets any as it is--far fewer than Josh.

Dak screwed up,  took the chance given him to deflect the blame on him to another.    happens all the time.   i believe he meant what he originally said.   i also believe that this apology is a pr move to save face.   everybody knows it was his fault,  even him.   

The refs are deplorable but no one should be subjected to injuries, and potentially life threatening ones. It was a stupid heat of the moment thing to say, we’ve all been there. 

Good that he’s apologized and everyone can move on, we’ll maybe not the Cowboys. They wont be playing this weekend.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.