Does anyone think the Lamar Jackson situation this year was strange?

FireChans

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

^^^

And again, this is exactly what the OP invited and incited.  Not falling for the “I’m just asking questions!” routine.  “I’m just flashing the OK sign!”  Plausible deniability.  We’ve seen this act before.  The seeds were sewn and the message was sent and the predictable soldiers have arrived to air their grievances.

This was never a football thread.

Legitimately incorrect. 

I do think Lamar has gotten more love in the media than Josh even tho I believe that Josh is better but that’s the extent of my bias against him.

for you to level accusations of this magnitude is frankly absurd. I’m not plotting under your bed dude. It’s twobillsdrive.

Besides the fact, if what you said was true AT ALL, why wouldn’t I pick the easier target of Kyler Murray? Way more topical and relevant. Or was that a part of my insidious plan to throw you  off the scent?? 

Edited by FireChans
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'm not sure if that is what the OP intended. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. With that said, I'll admit that I really have no idea what the intent of this thread is. 

I think the OP had a very specific Lamar Jackson only reaction but then the thread took a dump in truly the next post.

20 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

My only accusation is that you purposely clogged the high school bathroom toilet.  Fwiw I don’t think you’re one of the turds that inevitably floated to the surface - but you had to know this was coming.

That probably has more to do with the community than me at all then. I'm not responsible for other folks' comments nor beliefs.

Besides, identifying turds makes it that much easier to fish them out of the bowl.

If anything, @Jauronimoincited the hyenas. A response like that was certainly going to make some folks feel a certain kind of way. And the proof is in this very topic. The more problematic posts have almost entirely been in response to him. I'd love to see your scathing criticism of him.

Edited by FireChans

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That probably has more to do with the community than me at all then. I'm not responsible for other folks' comments nor beliefs.

Besides, identifying turds makes it that much easier to fish them out of the bowl.

If anything, @Jauronimoincited the hyenas. A response like that was certainly going to make some folks feel a certain kind of way. And the proof is in this very topic. The more problematic posts have almost entirely been in response to him. I'd love to see your scathing criticism of him.

Almost no one has responded to my posts in this thread.  But it seems a number of people thought I was serious and agree with the sentiment, which is frankly hilarious.  The strange part is that the people agreeing with my post and leaving puke face emojis have similar views.  Emoji expression is weird.

59 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Josh Allen needs to become a better passer.

Lamar Jackson needs to become a better passer.

Only one of those has ever been controversial.

When?  In the beginning or now, after one of them has proven to be an elite passer and the other still hasn't?

17 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think black QBs who are gifted runners just face less scrutiny from the media than your traditional, semi-mobile, stand in the pocket, white QB.  Its almost like they're given a pass and that doesn't sit right with me.  

Congrats!!!!  You officially earned 9 of the 11 emoticon responses with only one post and two sentences.  Truly a feat sir!!!!

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

So, let's break that down a bit.  Folks keep saying "he's not a great passer."  He can make every single throw.  He can make sidearm throws that few others can make.  He can throw it on a rope; he can wrist-flick it downfield with ease.  He IS a great passer - or at least a great thrower.  He's not Tim Tebow (talk about a real media darling, there).  He's far more than just a running QB.

That said - can he run the offense within its structure?  That's the issue I think they're struggling with.  Huntley came in and ran the offense pretty well - in some ways perhaps better than Jackson had.  In terms of electricity, playing outside of the structure and overcoming a bad play call, no one in the league is better at those things than Lamar Jackson.  But it is TBD on whether he can actually run that offense, or any offense, within its true structure - which he'll need to be able to do if they're going to take the next step with him.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with his injury.  I STILL do not understand why that was the angle of the OP.  Multiple posters have explained why a bone bruise is serious business.  A couple folks raised the good point that what happened in Cleveland is basically Worst Case Scenario, rushing a young QB back from injury when he's clearly not 100% and asking him to carry your team and then having him face-plant.  Don'treally see the media beating up on Baker for playing hurt - most takes seem to be criticizing the team for putting him in that position, with plenty of folks saying that he sucks even when he's healthy.  But the whispered view that perhaps Lamar is getting a "pass" for bailing on his team with a boo-boo is not something that has any traction, anywhere.

He can make every single throw lmao 😩😩

No, he cannot and it’s why he gets exposed in the postseason on repeat 

Dude’s 1-3 with more int’s then td’s  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

He can make every single throw lmao 😩😩

No, he cannot and it’s why he gets exposed in the postseason on repeat 

Dude’s 1-3 with more int’s then td’s  

Ryan I know you don’t really follow football but Lamar doesn’t have any issues with arm strength, and his off-platform throws are top five league wide.  I’m giving you a pass because you don’t actually watch the games.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Ryan I know you don’t really follow football but Lamar doesn’t have any issues with arm strength, and his off-platform throws are top five league wide.  I’m giving you a pass because you don’t actually watch the games.

Your’e the one claiming Lamar can make all the throws.  

Sounds like you haven’t watched any of the games. 

16 td’s/13 int’s for 2021-22 ?   Impressive 

lmao @ Huntley completing a long pass after Lamar was knocked silly by a crap bills defense last time he tried to be relevant in a playoff game 🥴

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What do INTs have to do with his throwing ability?

he’s easy to intercept because he can’t make sideline throws.   it’s why he’s a brutal postseason performer.  

“Can make every throw” is hyperbole, no reason to make things up. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What do INTs have to do with his throwing ability?

I wouldn't say he can make ALL the throws, but it's something he did seem to be improving on with that part of his game earlier in the season

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

he’s easy to intercept because he can’t make sideline throws.   it’s why he’s a brutal postseason performer.  

“Can make every throw” is hyperbole, no reason to make things up. 

He can throw the 20 yard out just fine, I don’t know where you’re getting that.  It’s just false.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

24th in the league in passing yards.     It’s a big nahhhhh

Prior to his injury he was throwing downfield at a historic rate.

Here is a good article explaining that the problem is his failure to operate within the structure of the offense.  Roman’s bizarre and sloppy passing concepts aren’t helping him, as you’ll see from those clips.  Same thing happened here with Tyrod- but that didn’t stop you from crusading that he was the problem.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

24th in the league in passing yards.     It’s a big nahhhhh

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

We have somehow come full circle and started talking about football again.

The power to change the world has been inside us all along.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Prior to his injury he was throwing downfield at a historic rate.

Here is a good article explaining that the problem is his failure to operate within the structure of the offense.  Roman’s bizarre and sloppy passing concepts aren’t helping him, as you’ll see from those clips.  Same thing happened here with Tyrod- but that didn’t stop you from crusading that he was the problem.  

Lamar has improved for sure and is much better than Tyrod.

Ahhh, the good old Greg Roman’s fault 😩😩😩

Tyrod’s been pretty brutal with or without Roman.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

15 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Whatever you say about the injury (and who really knows?) the real point here is that there is NO DOUBT who is the best QB of the 2018 draft.  Lamar was a good move by Baltimore at the end of the 1st round but he's a far cry from Josh.  He's still probably the second best QB from that draft but with a huge gap to first.

Unfortunately I think it will be years before the world will clearly see that josh is better than lamar (unless josh wins a super bowl). Lamar had that amazing year and will always have the mvp trophy. And unfortunately for josh had one of the greatest qbs ever win mvp over him last year.

Lamar and mahomes will always be the poster boys of the nfl cuz they are crucial to the nfl to keep younger generations of viewers. And their not wrong to do so, when I was 12 all I wanted to see was Vick run and scramble cuz it was awesome to watch.

I think anyone that really watches football can see josh is already much better, but as far as casual viewers, they will always see twice the Lamar highlights and be reminded of the mvp trophy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.