Wouldn’t it be awesome if Belichick retired?

eball

2 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Don’t think BB will dump him. He played at Alabama with better players than opponents. Could not beat out Tua. Limited arm strength and already smart in his reads. So I see limited upside. 

How was he going to beat out then guy who was in 2018 the best QB in the SEC and who threw for 4000 yards and 43 TDs?

20 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Pats fans want to say look at JA’s rookie year and say ..see Mac had a better statistical year in all areas. That is correct. But you also saw potential in JA that was exponentially better than Mac. Hence Mac is close to his ceiling and will never reach JA or Herbert or JB.
That is the Pats dilemma. If in 2-3 years I’m proven wrong I’ll admit it. But like Tua I don’t see Mac relevant in the AFC playoff picture with those fellas. Let’s add in Mahomes and Lamar. That’s 5 QB’s all 26 or under, yikes!

Why does he have to be in that group?  He's clearly not.  There might not be for another few years.  So what?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

How was he going to beat out then guy who was in 2018 the best QB in the SEC and who threw for 4000 yards and 43 TDs?

Why does he have to be in that group?  He's clearly not.  There might not be for another few years.  So what?

Your trying to correlate the rookie years as to why Mac should not be dumped. As has been stated JA showed massive potential which Mac has not. I don’t think BB will dump him but he’s never going to be where these other young QB’s guys are. 
Some suggest BB should consider other options. A lot of people see this on here and in the media. I’m not Mac bashing but just looking at reality.

So what relates, is the Pats long term potential with him. I hope they keep him and BB coaches 5 more years. 

10 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Your trying to correlate the rookie years as to why Mac should not be dumped. As has been stated JA showed massive potential which Mac has not. I don’t think BB will dump him but he’s never going to be where these other young QB’s guys are. 
Some suggest BB should consider other options. A lot of people see this on here and in the media. I’m not Mac bashing but just looking at reality.

So what relates, is the Pats long term potential with him. I hope they keep him and BB coaches 5 more years. 

What do all of the other teams without a Josh Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow do now?  Their QBs (outside of Brady, Rodgers) are "never going to be where these young guy's are".  

Nobody here never saw NE challenging for the Div title with the Bills or winning 10 games ands making the playoffs with this guy.  Now that they did, many are saying that the kid didn't live up to expectations.  Typical.

His better comp obviously a young Brady--a 3rd string QB suddenly starting on a team that then went on a very improbable SB run.  The next year, they didn't even make the playoffs.  Did BB dump his mediocre armed game manager QB?  Nope.  

If he really looked bad, like, say Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson, then yeah I could see BB thinking it was a huge mistake.

Comparing anyone to Brady and his unique career is not logical. Pats have cap issues and are built for the 2001 NFL. They will win 8 or 9 games next year. TL will win more playoff games then Mac over time. 
You are a fan that’s great. I wish you well in your Mac fandom. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.