Wouldn’t it be awesome if Belichick retired?

eball

53 minutes ago, beebe said:

Belichick will coach a minimum of four more years. He's 38 wins behind Shula for #1 all time. He will do it out of spite. 

This ^

He's not retiring until he holds the record. Hopefully he has to limp to the finish line.

47 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Hope he does not stick around too much longer.  It would be nice if he still had some juice left to be around the league or media in some capacity.

The media? Belichick?? Who in their right mind would hire this guy? All he'd do is sit there, scowl, and give one word responses as a color commentator.

He has all the personality of a mouldy, rotting vegetable.

• Haha (+1) 3

I think Belichick wants the record for most wins and would essentially need 10 wins a season for the next 4 years to set a new record.

However, I think what drives him even more is wanting to win a super bowl without Brady. I think it eats him up to see Brady have the success he's had with the Bucs. Had Brady retired or just been average with another team, I think Belichick could live with people wondering if the success the Pats*** had was due to him or Brady. But the success Brady has had just reinforces the belief it was because of Brady. The only way Belichick can get out from under that is to win a SB on his own.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

who had a better rookie season, Jones or Josh?

What if McD had decided Josh "wasn't the answer" after a season?

The stats of the two rookie seasons are a foolish comparison. The Bills were in full rebuild. You can argue the Pats are average. People who want to use rookie year comparisons of the two are not watching the games. Mac is close to ceiling.. that’s why he got early consideration for the niners. He’s at best a less handsome Jimmy G. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, QCity said:

This ^

He's not retiring until he holds the record. Hopefully he has to limp to the finish line.

Spot on! BB has a wicked ego. Let’s say anyone but hoody was Pats coach. Any owner would want at minimum the DC fired. Now to skirt hiring rules he doesn’t officially make a DC. But Stevie calls the D.

Bobby K should ask for a clean slate on the D. That won’t happen as hoody has power. He’s gonna chase that record for 3-4 years. That is good for the Bills. I see them falling back to 8-9 wins before I see them challenging for AFC East title. 

25 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The media? Belichick?? Who in their right mind would hire this guy? All he'd do is sit there, scowl, and give one word responses as a color commentator.

He has all the personality of a mouldy, rotting vegetable.

You must not have seen the Bill & Bill documentary (Belechick and Parcells) nor the Top 100 players shows.  He was a different person.  That convinced me, like players like Shaq, that he dumbed down his personality when dealing with the media.  Don’t say much and do it in a boring monotone way that will hopefully discourage other questions.

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think Belichick wants the record for most wins and would essentially need 10 wins a season for the next 4 years to set a new record.

However, I think what drives him even more is wanting to win a super bowl without Brady. I think it eats him up to see Brady have the success he's had with the Bucs. Had Brady retired or just been average with another team, I think Belichick could live with people wondering if the success the Pats*** had was due to him or Brady. But the success Brady has had just reinforces the belief it was because of Brady. The only way Belichick can get out from under that is to win a SB on his own.

That is not happening. He will be forced out by Kraft’s son in 2-3 years. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

It would mean the Bills ended the careers of two of the greatest ever (Shula and BB) in humiliating fashion. 

I would enjoy that. 

I'd prefer that like Shula at the hands of Levy (Marv 20-6 vs Shula), Belichick would suffer an inordinate amount first before finally hanging it up.

On a related subject (unless I missed it) I'm surprised to not see a thread on Belichick's post game handshake brush-off of McDermott.

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

He strikes me as the type of person who will hang on too long and end with a sad wimper. We might be feeling sorry for him 5 years from now.

I never have a problem with a great player or coach holding on 'too long'. They earned the right to hold on as long as they can after aspiring to greatness and achieving it. People who achieved nothing similar that get bothered by it are a yawn to me. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

No, why now??  Just when the Bills seem to have the organization and team to create their own dynasty?

Makes no sense.

And we should want the best coach in our division still--it made the Bills stronger and will continue to force them to sharpen the blade.

Hmm I think the blade is dulling. It was funny listening to pats fans and some national media saying Pats can win because of BB. No rationale or facts that led to that conclusion.

Other than he’s BB. I get the respect but as stated by many he’s a .500 coach non Brady. I don’t see the roster catching us. Pats fans think our cap will be destroyed by the JA contract. It won’t be easy but Beane has already built a team around that contract. I’m glad he’s staying and it’s because he’s simply not that good with his current roster and coaches. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

That feeling when he smashes a phone...or walks off the field after the worst defeat of his career & his defense allowing the NFL's only perfect game in history?

I want to chase that feeling.

The worst part of Saturday’s game was it was so cold that BB was wearing a face covering and we couldn’t see his facial expressions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

It would mean the Bills ended the careers of two of the greatest ever (Shula and BB) in humiliating fashion. 

I would enjoy that. 

I would also thoroughly enjoy that. On the other hand I’m not really scared of BB anymore.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.