Wouldn’t it be awesome if Belichick retired?

eball

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

He strikes me as the type of person who will hang on too long and end with a sad wimper. We might be feeling sorry for him 5 years from now.

Belichick’s dad was a football coach and Bill’s sons hope to follow in his footsteps.  There’s no doubt in my mind that Bill would like to step down and hand down the HC reigns to his son(s).

The problem is that Steve seems to be a bit of an odd duck… He’s probably not HC coaching and I’ve never heard anyone in NE talk about his contributions.  We’ve heard them talk about Jerrod Mayo but not Stevie Belichick.  

I think if he was at a point where his son was in line to take over, he would step aside. 

Edited by JohnNord

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I can't tell if you are truly missing the point or just pretending to.

What was Brady's arm strength coming from a college powerhouse? Mac Jones level, I would think.  

Armstrength?  You mean like Jamarcus Russel (Josh was his comp by Mayockin 2018)? 

JA was pretty bad his rookie year.  His arm strength hasn't made him a steadily better player (many argue hear he often throws the ball too hard too often).

Anyway, it's hard to fathom BB would, after a season,  think to dump a kid with relatively little starting experience in college who led the team to 10 wins, was 13th in yards, 8th in completion % after a season.  

That makes little sense.  Don't you agree?

He is not going to dump him.....that is the whole point.  You will never win a super bowl when you have to cover up your average armed QB

By the way....Mac Jones and Brady were not comparable as rookies if that is what you are getting at.......Brady was pin point accurate coming out the gate....Mac Jones is afraid to throw the ball down the field and when he does he throws high balls and a lot of almost interceptions (to go along with the interceptions)

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

If memory serves, we've beat him 4 of the past 5 times.

He's not the bogeyman anymore.   He's just a coach - a good coach - but not one that I fear or much care about.

He can retire or not retire.  It's all the same to me.  

Yep.  He and Brady were our daddies for too many years.  Had we won back to back division titles while they were intact, that would be something.  Wasn't even close to the case.

Time to move on.

We dont need this guy to retire.  It is over for him.  Boston fans are used to winning year after year.  Kraft is addicted to winning as well.  If Belichick isnt able to figure out the Bills over the next two years, he will be fired.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

who had a better rookie season, Jones or Josh?

What if McD had decided Josh "wasn't the answer" after a season?

Come on man, do you really think Mac Jones is anything? Do you really think Mac Jones will have the same trajectory as Josh Allen? And McD is not pushing 70.

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

You must not have seen the Bill & Bill documentary (Belechick and Parcells) nor the Top 100 players shows.  He was a different person.  That convinced me, like players like Shaq, that he dumbed down his personality when dealing with the media.  Don’t say much and do it in a boring monotone way that will hopefully discourage other questions.

Nope, never watched it. Never had any interest to hear more about the guy. But I suppose it wouldn’t surprise me that much if it was true.

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'd prefer that like Shula at the hands of Levy (Marv 20-6 vs Shula), Belichick would suffer an inordinate amount first before finally hanging it up.

On a related subject (unless I missed it) I'm surprised to not see a thread on Belichick's post game handshake brush-off of McDermott.

18 minutes ago, SH1980 said:

We dont need this guy to retire.  It is over for him.  Boston fans are used to winning year after year.  Kraft is addicted to winning as well.  If Belichick isnt able to figure out the Bills over the next two years, he will be fired.

Welcome aboard noobs!

Tip: Rule #1 We don’t discuss Bastin* here except on weeks we kick their azz. 
That rubbish can be found on Pats*fan.com

When in doubt, refer to Rule #1. 

5 hours ago, Rubes said:

The media? Belichick?? Who in their right mind would hire this guy? All he'd do is sit there, scowl, and give one word responses as a color commentator.

He has all the personality of a mouldy, rotting vegetable.

geez man... your gonna hurt mr mumbles feelings.    

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes I'm sure they are up at night thinking about their final games against the Bills instead of their 8 SuperBowl wins

Six.  Let's not give more credit than we need to give credit to Bill Belichick.  

I'd like to see him retire because he took an average team talent wise to the playoffs.  We might also lose Daboll who knows Belichick more than most offensive coordinators.  I'm much more apathetic though compared to if this question was proposed two years ago.

11 hours ago, eball said:

It would mean the Bills ended the careers of two of the greatest ever (Shula and BB) in humiliating fashion. 

I would enjoy that. 

Eman, I want the opposite.  I want him to hang on for another three years lose six IR more times to us so that makes it 10 of 11 losses.  Make him completely irrelevant as he goes into retirement, and McD runs up the score every time.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.